Weapons & Equip O.M.G. - Orca Machine Gun

I'd almost like to see this being a mounted weapon like a cannon or bunny cannon instead of being handheld since we already have plenty of ocean creature like machineguns for the ranged player to use in his/hers arsenal. I can also see this looking very cool within the game placed on a boss arena or similar, how it would work if it was a stationary weapon I have no clue since other mounted weapons fire one shot when you click on them. Maybe you would click it once with an item (ammo chain?) and it would continuously fire in its specified direction for a certain amount of seconds depending on amount the amount of ammo put in?
Feel free to criticize this.

hm... maybe it takes the place of the Megashark in console and mobile? and T.G.I.F. is used instead of the Minishark?

:eek: ZOMG! A Zealous Orca Machine Gun!!!

As much as I appreciate the silly acronym work here, I cannot support the generic and overdone Fish-Gun upgrade concept. I think we should all just be happy that they're even adding the S.D.M.G. as the Megashark's successor. The upgrade gimmick is okay for a few different types of items, but you can't just do it multiple times on the same type of weapon. It gets stale rather quickly.

Last edited:
On the plus side you now have a general idea of what the power could be. On the downside it's boss loot. So if you were to make it a side grade of the S.D.M.G you'd need to use luminite or something like that.

I thought of another acronym to use: LOL
  • Little
  • Organism
  • Liquifier
Another (less appropriate) one: MILF
  • Meticulously
  • Impulsive
  • Lobster
  • Firearm
One more: GTG
  • Gratifying
  • Turtle
  • Gun

I thought of another acronym to use: LOL
  • Little
  • Organism
  • Liquifier
Another (less appropriate) one: MILF
  • Meticulously
  • Impulsive
  • Lobster
  • Firearm
One more: GTG
  • Gratifying
  • Turtle
  • Gun
I am gonna use my unreal Milf to squirt bullets at enemies ;)- I dont think naming it Milf would be a good idea :/

Three words: Endless Musket Pouch.

And an extra 25 words: Considering the Endless Musket Pouch is in the game, I'm not sure having a weapon that's limited by its ammunition cost is a good idea.

Three words: Endless Musket Pouch.

And an extra 25 words: Considering the Endless Musket Pouch is in the game, I'm not sure having a weapon that's limited by its ammunition cost is a good idea.
I thought the same thing for a while. But then I remembered that this is a fast firing weapon and it gains more DPS from ammo than slower firing guns. You could use the endless musket pouch for a good DPS or venom bullets for an amazing DPS.

Also this is an old suggestion before that was a thing.

#BLACKFISH CANT YOU SEE THIS IS WHAT SEAWORLD DOES WITH THEIR ORCAS?!!!111!11
Just ignore that, it's the response a PETA member would give. But in all seriousness, this doesn't seem like such a bad idea. After all, Terraria needs some miniguns.

I would like to see this gun in the game, but there are some problems with it I cannot stand. If You are interested in these, see spoiler below.
  • This is fishgun. I don't like fishguns, but I could stand this one... if it wasn't meant to be endgame. See point below.
  • Due to dontroversial mechanics, being endgame-tier is even bigger problem. I may find it annoying, and I really wouldn't like to have it as only realiable endgame choice. With such theme (I don't like fishguns) and mechanics, I should be able to replace it with something better, or - at least - alternative. Maybe make it in line with S.D.M.G., or console/mobile replacement for it in ML loot table? it would make sense, as Orcas are exclusive to those (not sure about mobile)
  • Well... Such high ammo consumption... it's not such problem, but, You see... with current Chloro bullets BpB (bullets per bar) ratio, it would be unusable with those in any long fight - at least for me. And I really love Chloro bullets.
  • Due to ammo consumption, it would have to be more powerful than LP (remember that I think of it only as pre-ML tier, not higher), otherwise it would be just not worth it's price. And we all know that LP is meant to be ultimate OP, so no.
This is my opinion, not objective (not completely) pros/cons comparison.
Overall, weapon's concept is... Interesting. It has many valuable good sides, but flaws make it unable to receive "good" grade from me. It is mediocre.

Last edited:
i like the idea, but as has been pointed out, extra ammo consumption isn't a great way to balance it

since its a minigun, i think it would make sense if it took time to "spin up" to ts full fire rate, just like a lot of real life miniguns.

combine that with a high amount of bullet spread (miniguns are notoriously inaccurate) and i think that would balance it nicely

Back
Top Bottom