Biomes & Nature Oasis

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not yee

• Yee but change this (comment what)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Oasis is a mini-biome on the surface desert, in every sizable dessert that does not contain a pyramid or an underground.
It has 2-3 palm trees on either side, and in the middle a 13-23 (long) by 7-15 (wide) pool of water in a double staircase formation. The water in this minibiome is forest blue.
You can fish up a new fish, a weighted cod. It used to make a new potion: The weight potion!
1 weighted cod+1 waterleaf+1 fireblossom+ Bottled water = Weight potion
The potion grants 7 minutes of immunity to mighty wind, and halves knockback. It will also make you fall faster if you hold down.

Desert Crate
Contains wooden crate loot+1 pyramid item
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy (or employ if you mod or develop Terraria) this suggestion.
-Aa13873

Last edited:
When you describe the pool's length and width, which one is on the horizontal axis and which one is on the vertical axis?

so something like this, then?
oasis.png

I feel the concept in that screenshot looks a tiny bit too simple, maybe also make it so that when Oasis are generated, desert grass grows up to 15 tiles or something away from it and that's the only way for grass to grow on sand. Adds a bit more colour too. I like the idea though.

A desert oasis would be a nice fit for the desert, but maybe the water could vary in size? The pool seems kinda small for fishing.
Also Sm-ArtThings is right, desert grass would be a good addition for the oasis.

Maybe you could fish up something else too, like a Desert Crate?
Also how often could the oasis spawn? Would it be like the pyramid and the Living Tree where it may or may not appear in a generated world?

A desert oasis would be a nice fit for the desert, but maybe the water could vary in size? The pool seems kinda small for fishing.
Also Sm-ArtThings is right, desert grass would be a good addition for the oasis.
Edit: Finished

Maybe you could fish up something else too, like a Desert Crate?
Also how often could the oasis spawn? Would it be like the pyramid and the Living Tree where it may or may not appear in a generated world?
Good points. Changing/Clarifying.

I think you'll receive your fair share of rewards for contributing (sort of) to the update - Tne Party Girl title!

Back
Top Bottom