• It's bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tl;dr (wow you're lazy aren't you)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mastermokkel

Eye of Cthulhu
Obsessive Devotion: Story of the Lunatic Cultist
Hello everyone! I've seen a lot of lore/backstory threads lately, but none of them cover a boss which I think has a lot of room for a cool backstory;
The Lunatic Cultist. So that's what this story is gonna be about!

Long time ago, before the spirits of Light and Dark were ever released, there was a priest. The priest's name was Asher, a name he was given by his parents, meaning "blessed". He lived in a large city in the now ancient kingdom Terrus, and was chosen to be a priest at the age of fifteen because of his natural sense for otherworldly magic. His quarters were small and scarcely decorated, but he was happy with them.

As the years passed, Asher rose in the ranks of the Church of Terrus, learned the names of all the various gods and goddesses and all the sacred rituals. But especially one thing caught his attention. The Lunar Forces, lead by the Moon Lord himself.
And then one night, in Ashers sleep, he heard a voice, sounding like it came from everywhere around him. The voice told him about great powers, great might, if only he joined the Lunar Cult, a cult indepedent of the Church of Terrus, which focused on worshiping the celestial beings that the Moon Lord created. He could find them in the grand dungeon, constructed long ago, the voice said.

The next day, Asher wandered through the city, trying to find his way to the dungeon. But when he found it, it was guarded. Two men in sparkling silver armor stood guard, their long spears blocking the path. "What's your business here?" one of the guards asked. "I was trying to.. um.. find the Lunar Cult," answered Asher. The guards laughed. "The Lunar Cult? They don't even exist!" the other guard exclaimed.
So then Asher went home, but later, when it was dark out, he sneaked out through the window of his room and ran towards the dungeon. As he had expected, there were no guards. A faint glow was emitted from the depths of the dungeon, and he could hear low chanting. He whipped out his sapphire embedded staff and proceeded into the dungeon.
As he got deeper down, the chanting stopped. I think they must have heard me, Asher thought to himself. But he carried on nevertheless. When he walked through the doorway to a room that looked larger than the others, a yellow light suddenly turned on. Hooded figures moved towards him, and one of them held a knife to his throat and took his staff. "How did you find us?" one of the hooded men asked. "I k-know this sounds crazy, but a voice c-came to me in my sleep and told me to f-find the Lunar Cult!" Asher answered. The blade was removed from his throat, and he was able to breathe normally again. "Come with us," the man who had asked him said. He seemed to be the leader of the cult. So Asher followed them, deeper and deeper into the dungeon.

The cultists gave Asher a robe and a medallion, engraved with the head of the Moon Lord, and told him what he had to do to become a member of the cult. "Hold the medallion in your left hand," the cult leader said. "Then take this knife and cut yourself. Drench the medallion in your blood, and repeat after me: I devote my life and soul to the Moon Lord." Asher did what he said, and repeated: "I devote my life and soul to the Moon Lord." "My puny existence is nothing compared to the power of the Lunar Forces." "My puny existence is nothing compared to the power of the Lunar Forces." The ritual went on, and Asher did everything the cult leader said. "Good," he said. "Now put on your robe. You're one of us now..."

More coming soon! ;)

Back
Top Bottom