PS Vita Occasional crash while saving

I feel like posting this is a waste of time... I am quite tired of crashing when saving my game, everything I do is meaningless, can't enjoy the holiday update because of crashing while saving. The save issue isn't even acknowledged from the developers and this would be considered a major issue that should have been fixed ASAP for any normal game.

Yesterday I opened up a ticket on the 505 support. Maybe you guys should do the same. The more, the better. They need to fix it.

OMG!! So today I'm checking for the orange update icon for terraria on the ps vita version like I do almost every week and BAM omg it's there I instantly get the feeling of a five year old kid coming down the stairs to see all the presents Santa brang. I almost instantly click the icon and it starts to download. I install the game and when I get to the main screen I delete all characters no matter how much they had just to make sure nothing is getting transferred from the last broken version of the game. I make a new character and make a new world and finally get the loading screen...... I can't wait! I get into the game I look at the screen for literally 5 seconds and BAM.......ERROR game crashes?????????? Unbelievable. I honestly cannot believe this is still an issue in the game I've now lost all hope for the vita version.. Smh. (Sry for the rant but this is just unbelievably rediculous)

OMG!! So today I'm checking for the orange update icon for terraria on the ps vita version like I do almost every week and BAM omg it's there I instantly get the feeling of a five year old kid coming down the stairs to see all the presents Santa brang. I almost instantly click the icon and it starts to download. I install the game and when I get to the main screen I delete all characters no matter how much they had just to make sure nothing is getting transferred from the last broken version of the game. I make a new character and make a new world and finally get the loading screen...... I can't wait! I get into the game I look at the screen for literally 5 seconds and BAM.......ERROR game crashes?????????? Unbelievable. I honestly cannot believe this is still an issue in the game I've now lost all hope for the vita version.. Smh. (Sry for the rant but this is just unbelievably rediculous)
Hey, please open a Ticket at 505s support page. Discribe them what you did and when the error come up. http://support.505games.com/support/home

I'm disappointed that the save-crash issue is not yet fixed, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be fixed in this update either. (I saw the update on my Vita but haven't actually pressed that icon yet since I was in the middle of another game lol)

I have a bunch of other games to play atm, so I guess I can wait, but it's been too long having a semi-broken product like that. It also sucks that I need to pay $30 plus tax for Terraria on 3DS, but that's a problem for another day...gotta love the Canadian economy.

Edit: Got the update now, after saving a few times, the crash of doom occurred. Also strangely, when I installed the update, it said it failed to install but it looks like it was actually installed successfully.

Last edited:
Hey, please open a Ticket at 505s support page. Discribe them what you did and when the error come up. http://support.505games.com/support/home
Lol so open a ticket and maybe we'll get an update by the end of next year again thanks bud but honestly I think 505 gave up on ps vita a long time ago doesn't make as much money as other platforms but they shouldn't have made the version if they couldn't deliver this crash thing is absolutely unbelievable

So yeah the Vita version is completely unplayable, I've tried numerous things to stop or prevent the crash save error but nothing worked. Then I thought maybe I can still enjoy the new update on ps3 :D Nope. The error is still present there as well, although you will be able to play for a longer period than the vita, you'll be playing in fear because you'll never know when that crash is gonna come. So here's hoping there'll be an update to fix this before the year is out. In the meantime, i'll just play Nuclear Throne or something.. relatively any other game that doesn't CRASH

I m so sad since the new update is live,thanks to this "random" crash that ruin our beloved game on psvita.Yesterday i wrote in an other post that my main world was corrupted but maybe i m wrong.Now i think that my char or both are corrupted and i did some research about this.I found on web something about "piggy bank glitch":it s on terraria since 1.2 version and this would be cause of the game crash while saving.That glitch "allow" you to get unobtainable items too and can corrupt your character.What you all think about this?I m talking with devs too:redspin:

Ps:i forgot to say that i never tried it

I m so sad since the new update is live,thanks to this "random" crash that ruin our beloved game on psvita.Yesterday i wrote in an other post that my main world was corrupted but maybe i m wrong.Now i think that my char or both are corrupted and i did some research about this.I found on web something about "piggy bank glitch":it s on terraria since 1.2 version and this would be cause of the game crash while saving.That glitch "allow" you to get unobtainable items too and can corrupt your character.What you all think about this?I m talking with devs too:redspin:

Ps:i forgot to say that i never tried it
For me it started with the last update before the holiday update. I think your world is lost if you never uploaded it the cloud... :(

A small question concerning these crashes. I've been holding of on updating my VITA version of Terraria because I see all these reports of crashes.
I would want to know how do you check what version you have installed on your vita? (since my vita-terraria hasnt crashed so far, so I must be on a "safe" update, but I tried searching but didnt find the version number)

A small question concerning these crashes. I've been holding of on updating my VITA version of Terraria because I see all these reports of crashes.
I would want to know how do you check what version you have installed on your vita? (since my vita-terraria hasnt crashed so far, so I must be on a "safe" update, but I tried searching but didnt find the version number)
Hold the icon in the Psvita main menu and then press "..." I'm very curious ;)

Last edited:
Version 1.06 (updated 26 feb 2015).

Already have everything the vita-version I'm playing has to offer item/block wise, so I really hope this crashing bug gets exterminated so I can have fun with the new items without fear to corrupt my world/char :s

Edit: Whait? this link http://terraria.wiki.gg/Console_Version_history states the 1.06 update as released june 4th 2015, confused now, is the terraria gamepedia wrong on the dates, or does my VITA show the date it was purchased? (altho it says "updated")

EDIT 2: Ok, strange, 1.06 should give me stuff like the travelling merchant and a bugs net (which can be bought at the normal merchant) but those arent in my game. It looks like I'm on 1.05 according to that link I posted (I can summon the frostmoon and done so allot of times to get all the items they drop).

So conlcusion, I have version 1.05 altho my VITA says 1.06, so maybe the crash bug got introduced with 1.06 since I havent gotten any crash yet, and I've played allot and have some serious amount of items and whatnot stored/made in my world.

Last edited:
Version 1.06 (updated 26 feb 2015).

Already have everything the vita-version I'm playing has to offer item/block wise, so I really hope this crashing bug gets exterminated so I can have fun with the new items without fear to corrupt my world/char :s

Edit: Whait? this link http://terraria.wiki.gg/Console_Version_history states the 1.06 update as released june 4th 2015, confused now, is the terraria gamepedia wrong on the dates, or does my VITA show the date it was purchased? (altho it says "updated")

EDIT 2: Ok, strange, 1.06 should give me stuff like the travelling merchant and a bugs net (which can be bought at the normal merchant) but those arent in my game. It looks like I'm on 1.05 according to that link I posted (I can summon the frostmoon and done so allot of times to get all the items they drop).

So conlcusion, I have version 1.05 altho my VITA says 1.06, so maybe the crash bug got introduced with 1.06 since I havent gotten any crash yet, and I've played allot and have some serious amount of items and whatnot stored/made in my world.
Ok, cool. That's what I thought. The current version is 1.08. I remember the bug comming up in 1.07.

The saving-crash bug occurred since the 1.2 update was first ported over, except it would only occur rarely (it happened for me at least 3 times throughout my active time playing it, but I never reported it on the forum or directly to 505 since I assumed at the time it was just potentially random crashes). But ever since they added the June 4 update, it would occur pretty often.

Last edited:
The Vita version number may not be the same as the Terraria version listed on the wiki. And, stay on 1.06 if you can because the Additions update (1.07) is where my frustration with the game started.

Also, I submitted a bug report with the following based on my own observations. The info may not be true for everyone but I hope it helps them fix it:

"The first finding is that crashes *seem* to occur after letting the screen time-out or pausing and turning the screen off manually by tapping the power button and then resuming later on. Maybe Vita power save causes crashes after this idk. Secondly, there are areas in the game where contiguous, flat vertical sections of generated blocks do not seem to be solid. When jumping toward these areas the character will pass through the first layer and stop half inside the wall. Shooting a hook in this position attaches the hook to the inner layer no matter how you aim. It seems like when an auto save happens while you're inside the glitched blocks the game will crash. This doesn't occur with blocks that are placed by the character, only those generated at world creation."

Guys, I believe I have stumbled on a way to fix this problem. It's actually really simple, but for some people, may take away from the overall enjoyment of the game partially. Disable the in-game music. Also disable your auto-save. The reason you guys are losing your worlds, at least in most cases, is that if your game is in the process of saving, and you click save, or exit to menu and save, it will cause the game to crash, and false write, ie corrupt, your save data. So, disable the autosave. Then, disable the in-game music. You guys who are experiencing the crashes are playing on large worlds right? Trust me. Disable the music.

"The first finding is that crashes *seem* to occur after letting the screen time-out or pausing and turning the screen off manually by tapping the power button and then resuming later on. Maybe Vita power save causes crashes after this idk.
This is what I saw a few weeks back , too.. but I thought it was coincidence. After trying to replicate this particular bug It seems like when putting the vita in sleep-mode (by manual button pressing or automatic time-based sleep mode) causes the game to crash WAY more frequent. It might indeed have something to do with the reallocation of the RAM after going into sleep mode. I will submit a ticket to 505 Games right now with my current ways of replicating crashes.

Guys, I believe I have stumbled on a way to fix this problem. It's actually really simple, but for some people, may take away from the overall enjoyment of the game partially. Disable the in-game music. Also disable your auto-save. The reason you guys are losing your worlds, at least in most cases, is that if your game is in the process of saving, and you click save, or exit to menu and save, it will cause the game to crash, and false write, ie corrupt, your save data. So, disable the autosave. Then, disable the in-game music. You guys who are experiencing the crashes are playing on large worlds right? Trust me. Disable the music.
Hmm I wonder... With this method for how long have you played continuosly without saving? Will this remove the crashes or will this only remove the possibilities of corrupting worlds?
I definitely have to try this.

Just a bit of a tip the errors are from the vita not the game. So don't blame 505. They can't do much about it as of right now. At least that's what I found

Back
Top Bottom