PS Vita Occasional crash while saving

Guys, I believe I have stumbled on a way to fix this problem. It's actually really simple, but for some people, may take away from the overall enjoyment of the game partially. Disable the in-game music. Also disable your auto-save. The reason you guys are losing your worlds, at least in most cases, is that if your game is in the process of saving, and you click save, or exit to menu and save, it will cause the game to crash, and false write, ie corrupt, your save data. So, disable the autosave. Then, disable the in-game music. You guys who are experiencing the crashes are playing on large worlds right? Trust me. Disable the music.

That worked for me, I looked around the internet and other games have the same error code

Haven't been able to play Terraria for almost half a year now because the PS Vita keeps crashing when saving and corrupting data. I just updated to the December update thinking I could play again... instead I got a fishing pole and went fishing only to crash after getting the Angler's requested fish. It corrupted my world and I had to get it from the cloud again. Really... how can you guys take so long to fix a GAMEBREAKING bug? It is completely unplayable for over half a year!!!! OMG, get your :red: together.

I love this game, I love playing it when im laying in bed. I bought a PS Vita, JUST so I could play this game in bed. I spent almost $300 getting the hardware to do this and bought the game almost 10 times over now for different consoles/systems. I've bought it for PS4, PS3, XBox 360, XBox One (for my wife and my brother in law), for PS Vita... for the PC. I own them all, collectors editions included. You have my money, give me a working product... I can't stand this anymore. I just want to play the game I paid for, for the PS Vita!

On the first page of this thread, PuddingZebra said
-saving every 2-3 minutes seems to solve most of the crashes.
505 or whoever ports terraria to ps vita could allow us to change the autosave time so that it automatically saves without deleting all our progress that we made. This could be a simple fix and could be turned off for people who aren't experiencing these problems but at the moment this game which i spent £12 on is virtually unplayable.

tl;dr update game so it autosaves every 2-3 minutes

While turning off the in game music is a good temporary fix, I have discovered that after hardmode is activated, there are still occasional crashes. Just remember to still save often.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453338595,1453338357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm I wonder... With this method for how long have you played continuosly without saving? Will this remove the crashes or will this only remove the possibilities of corrupting worlds?
I definitely have to try this.

After turning off the music, I had played for an hour or so with no problems, although I've heard some players playing 5 or 6. However, I've recently discovered that after defeating the Wall of Flesh and changing the world to hardmode, that the game still occasionally crashes, especially around the time the new ores are being added when the demon alters are broken. Just remember to save often. I believe this has a lot to do with the Vita's RAM.

While turning off the in game music is a good temporary fix, I have discovered that after hardmode is activated, there are still occasional crashes. Just remember to still save often.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453338595,1453338357][/DOUBLEPOST]

After turning off the music, I had played for an hour or so with no problems, although I've heard some players playing 5 or 6. However, I've recently discovered that after defeating the Wall of Flesh and changing the world to hardmode, that the game still occasionally crashes, especially around the time the new ores are being added when the demon alters are broken. Just remember to save often. I believe this has a lot to do with the Vita's RAM.
Mine is fine

i've sent an email to 505 and got a ticket, they will get back to me in a while. i also sent an email to sony because it looks bad on them that we are having so much problems on their console. Not that they will ever read that. I did mention Kazuo Hirai so we wait and see. I think the music in Terraria is brilliant and is vital to the whole experience. It would not be the same game and shame on 505 games for suggesting we turn it off!! Mercenaries is all they are! I refuse to play it without that wonderful music. Re-Logic would not condone that. I think 505 games should get their finger out, hire more staff and fix these bugs. What am i saying? It's not even a bug anymore. A bug is a slight annoyance. This game is broken!

i've sent an email to 505 and got a ticket, they will get back to me in a while. i also sent an email to sony because it looks bad on them that we are having so much problems on their console. Not that they will ever read that. I did mention Kazuo Hirai so we wait and see. I think the music in Terraria is brilliant and is vital to the whole experience. It would not be the same game and shame on 505 games for suggesting we turn it off!! Mercenaries is all they are! I refuse to play it without that wonderful music. Re-Logic would not condone that. I think 505 games should get their finger out, hire more staff and fix these bugs. What am i saying? It's not even a bug anymore. A bug is a slight annoyance. This game is broken!

I agree wholeheartedly that the music is an integral part of the experience. But did 505 suggest to you to turn off the music? If so, that was my fault, I'm afraid. I discovered that it helps stop some of the crashes. I have also told 505, after the crashes returned when I defeated the Wall of Flesh, that this was a gamebreaking bug. We need to stay on them.

You got YouTube right, play the music on that

I agree wholeheartedly that the music is an integral part of the experience. But did 505 suggest to you to turn off the music? If so, that was my fault, I'm afraid. I discovered that it helps stop some of the crashes. I have also told 505, after the crashes returned when I defeated the Wall of Flesh, that this was a gamebreaking bug. We need to stay on them.

they did, its on their FAQ. here

http://support.505games.com/support...rashing-during-gameplay-saving-what-can-i-do-

@Theemeraldmonkey you're missing the point. plus the vita can't do youtube and terraria at the same time

they did, its on their FAQ. here

http://support.505games.com/support...rashing-during-gameplay-saving-what-can-i-do-

@Theemeraldmonkey you're missing the point. plus the vita can't do youtube and terraria at the same time

I didn't know that they had updated that on the site. It must be actually helping then. But it only works until you get to hardmode. Something in hardmode triggers whatever the original flaw was, and it is completely random. I've actually had it crash after I've done nothing more than change my inventory. Perhaps that is it? Maybe it is linked to the inventory?

EDIT: I've just sent a new ticket to 505 about this, asking them to check the inventory.

Played now for 30 minutes in an old world without crashing. Can anybody confirm that?
I've been doing everything that would make this game crash before. I've even been doing new stuff, like trying to lower one of my oceans by draining the water into the underground areas, and collecting a whole lot more ore and blocks and other stuff than I dared before... with the music back on, and all in my large world. So far, so good.

Wow, good job to 505 for getting this done in a timely manner after finding out what it could possibly be. I've been doing normal building and item managing for a while now and yet to encounter any crash... So very grateful and happy for this

I played for a good 3-4 hours and no crashes and I played on my biggest world too, so pretty solid update. My only issue is that the new update disabled the vita's multitasking capabilities, so now I have no way to communicate with my friends while playing multiplayer because I can't use the party app while playing the game. So if they could enable some sortve in-game chat like minecraft that would be great. I don't mean to seem ungrateful because I very much appreciate this update, I just wish I could talk to my friends as I play is all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom