Occasional Steam Crashes?

sgt. Sprocket

Terrarian
I've been running into an interesting issue lately.

Ever since the 1.3 update, I've been running into occasional instances of not only Terraria crashing, but Steam altogether. It only happens once every 2-3 hours or so. What will happen is Terraria will just close randomly, no error message or anything, and then Steam will immediately stop responding, requiring me to kill Steam with Task Manager and then rebooting Steam.

This has never happened before 1.3, and it doesn't happen on any other game.

I tried turning Multicore Lighting off, but I'm still getting the issue. There isn't really a pattern as to when it happens, either, as every crash has been out-of-the-blue every time.

Here's my specs in case they're relevant:

[ Razer Blade 2015 Laptop ]

Intel i7-4720HQ (4 cores, 2.6 ghz)
16gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970m (3gb vram)
- GeForce Driver Version 353.30 (newest version)

I've been running into an interesting issue lately.

Ever since the 1.3 update, I've been running into occasional instances of not only Terraria crashing, but Steam altogether. It only happens once every 2-3 hours or so. What will happen is Terraria will just close randomly, no error message or anything, and then Steam will immediately stop responding, requiring me to kill Steam with Task Manager and then rebooting Steam.

This has never happened before 1.3, and it doesn't happen on any other game.

I tried turning Multicore Lighting off, but I'm still getting the issue. There isn't really a pattern as to when it happens, either, as every crash has been out-of-the-blue every time.

Here's my specs in case they're relevant:

[ Razer Blade 2015 Laptop ]

Intel i7-4720HQ (4 cores, 2.6 ghz)
16gb ddr3 ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970m (3gb vram)
- GeForce Driver Version 353.30 (newest version)
When 1.3.0.3 It happened randomly, WHAT KIND OF 1.3 UPDATE IS THIS?? :(

This exact problem has been happening to me too and it's very frustrating, to be more exact it crashes Steam and Terraria whenever I: Save&Exit if it doesn't then, then when I Re-select the same character and just randomly in the game, I hope they will look into this. It does not happen when I start a server (Host&Play)

Last edited:
Well, you could try doing a clean reboot. (Link in my signature) However I'd care by doing more steps, since you guys are actually able to play the game unlike tons of other ppl.

If steam crashes too, it's most likely an issue with the cloud saving (I think it's due to a conflict with certain files being used by both steam and the game at once, similar issues existed in other games). Remove everything from the cloud, then disable the cloud for terraria entirely and see if that helps.

If steam crashes too, it's most likely an issue with the cloud saving (I think it's due to a conflict with certain files being used by both steam and the game at once, similar issues existed in other games). Remove everything from the cloud, then disable the cloud for terraria entirely and see if that helps.
One should disable the cloud right now. It's pretty bugged and results in crashing of the game etc..

One should disable the cloud right now. It's pretty bugged and results in crashing of the game etc..
Alright. I disabled cloud save for both my world and character. I'll see what that does, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom