Biomes & Nature Ocean Additions

Is this whole set of stuff good to go straight in the game, as if they could do so today?

• Yeah, this stuff is perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

White Slime

Terrarian
The Ocean biome is actually not as useful as many of the other biomes, and doesn't provide much of a challenge. So what if we improved this? I had a few ideas... Oh, and some are just for Ocean themed things (Or Beach Hut Themed)
Also: Mobs have KB resist equalling another creature of type, items sell price is same as usual (20%)
Mobs:
Water Serpent: Another Worm A.I. Creature, but uses only liquids to traverse. (Hardmode Only: Every 5/2 seconds, it can launch a smaller, weaker worm that travels via land and water, dies upon contact.) One of the fewer mobs that change stats with mode.
This creatures attack would be the only one that varies frequently, dealing 1/2 damage (rounded up) for contact, and the baby ver. his for ~14 damage in Easy-mode, ~50 damage Hard-mode.
Visuals might be something like a Bone Serpent, but with a ell-like outside and yellow eyes. Perhaps an occasional flicker of electricity, like jellyfish, can allow visibility of the creature at night or in dark zones./\/\/\/\/\//\/HP: 140/550/\/\/\/\/\/\DEF:7/12/\/\/\/\//\/\/\Baby:/\/\/\HP: 50/130/\/\/\/\DEF: 0/5\/\/\/\/\/SPEED: Normal Worm/2x Normal Worm

Humor: Not to be mistaken for his lihzard cousins...

Zombie Diver
Exactly what it says, but with an extra ~5 defense. And this is the only mob that can spawn anywhere, as long as it is A) Underneath 10 blocks of Water or Honey, B) Not in desert, and C) Night is upon the world.
This sets a major spawn in Underground/Cavern Biomes, as well as Ocean. This Zombie has a slower movement speed outside of liquids, but speed doubles and swimming unlocks while totally submerged./\/\/\/\/Stats equal to regular Zombie, but with +5 or +7 defense, due to awesome suit of diving equipment.

Humor: Traveled the seventh seat for a soggy cerebral treat.

Items:

Jacuzzi Bubbler (Replace Bubbler for [pun] whatever FLOATS YOUR BOAT)
A small Wire-view (only seen when holding a wrench or similar object) only object that causes water to foam and form bubbles, as if it was a Jacuzzi. This can obscure blocks, entities, and objects in a 3 x 5 area above the bubbler, providing that the water level is completely filled above this limit.. The bubbler does not require power for plain obscurement, and if powered, will serve as a complete 13 x 13 obscurement cloud of bubbles, in a square with the bubbler in the center. Powered or not, bubbles will still spawn at the spawner, and will float up until it hits the limit, or something besides a liquid or entity (etc, Snow, Air, Slime Block) Bubble color will come out according to table below, based on biome or fountain:

Biome: Crimson Corruption Hallow Forest or Underground Hell Ocean Jungle Tundra Desert
Bubble: Red Green Rainbow which changes colors White Ash Black White Lime Light Blue Yellow

Can be found: Party Girl (while in Ocean), 80 Silver, 75 Copper

Paddleboat:

Allows for a simple paddler to travel along water. It can seat two people, and talking to a NPC while riding will put the NPC in the boat with the player, allowing for water farming to be a little easier
if you can manage to in the first place with the monstrosity above... and moving with friends protection. The vehicle will sink if it goes totally underwater, making long drops a bad choice, due to dipping 1/4 a block for each 2 blocks dropped. The boat can be resurfaced by using a empty bucket on the area or clear water to the point it can resurface. Liquid currents act as a Sandstorm for boats, so moving along currents speeds you up, against makes speed all but there. Having your boat still on a current is like moving on calm water. You cannot control the boat if you are using an item, such as a weapon to clear a path. Only the first player in has to worry about this. Passengers are free to attack whatever they please. Has multiple versions, only one with the ability to slice nearby enemies and surface automatically, which is made in the same fashion as the Mechanical Minecart. Cannot turn around, so the slice on the Mechanical would only work in one direction, for example. Cannot be mined unless wholly on land.

Obtained: Wooden: 30 Wood (any type), 6 Iron Bars, at a Anvil. Golden: Rare Pirate drop, has reduced speed. Canal Boat: Sold by Traveling Merchant on Full Moon, 6 gold, has a lantern which acts as a Ichor Torch attached to front, resembles medieval canal boats. Dynasty: Sold by Traveling merchant on Full Moon, 8 gold. Has a paper lantern at front like Canal Boat, but is otherwise a regular paddle boat made of Dynasty Wood. Wavy Worm: Received after 40th Angler quest, 1% chance of occurring after another completion. Grants +40% Fishing Power while riding and can host up to 4 passengers. This has half speed on land, compared to the average 0% of normal, and can crawl up two block high walls. Sells for 20 gold.

Coralstone/Sandstone Statues

Practically the same as you would find in average statues, but made of a different material. Ooh... Sandstone Angel Statues... *ahem* Underground desert huts would have Sandstone Statues instead of Stone, and all can be made via regular recipes at a heavy work bench. Coralstone statues can also be found in batches of 3 types, one of each in Water Chests, as the special item (ex: Trident, Flippers, etc.) All have regular wire abilities as the regular statues, but spawning a type relative to material, so Sand Slimes would come from Sandstone Slime Statues, but would default to normal if there is not a type of creature relative, so a Coralstone would spawn a regular bat, like a Stone version.

Weapons:

Spicy Calamari: Consumption of food gives well fed and throws a solid line of fire which deals 45 magic damage to anything, friendly players and NPC as well. The beam is one block tall and orginates from the highest block layer the player is on, meaning for at head of player for origin. No width limit, but will stop at hitting an object.

Ok, I do like the idea of adding anything to the ocean biome. It is lacking big time. However, I really like the boat idea. Even if it was as simple as a quest item from the angler that allows you to fish along the waters surface while moving accross the top. Im a fishermen in real life so I love the idea.

I have a simallar idea but yours is better
I never saw yours. I was actually thinking about this being removed due to not adding much in general, but chances are yours might be better. I made this within 30 min. anyway, so it is kind of rushed.

That said, how can yours possibly be worse? And why can't we merge the two?

Back
Top Bottom