Weapons & Equip Ocean armor

ooh yeah, that is a very good idea! although the jellyfish armor would feel weird, it would still be a good plus to the game and very funny, but for the crimson and corruption, i think theres enough hardmode armours<;

I was thinking those could be pre-hardmode armor sets. I'm at a loss on where they would be placed progression wise.

Appearance wise; coral armor would look like it having the coral texture patterns, shark armor would look just lkie a shark with the head of a shark, body of a shark and fin, and the legs would be the shark colors and a tail, the jellyfish armor could be pink and the arms and legs could look like tentacles, the dolphin armor would look similar to the shark armor but with the appearance of a dolphin (a more gentle looking armor).

But I have set bonuses figured out:

Coral armor set bounus: slightly increased underwater time (lower than the diving helmet but still noticable).
Shark armor set bonus: slightly better movement in water.
Jellyfish armor set bonus: armor provides light underwater (not as bright as the jellyfish necklace).
Dolphin armor set bonus: calms enemies around you.

I think Dolphin armor’s set bonus seems a little more overpowered and useful than the others, they only give bonuses underwater, whereas the Dolphin armor gives the set bonus anywhere. Maybe buff up other armors’ set bonuses, or nerf Dolphin armor, so they would be equal.

Pre-hardmode desperately needs new armour. This is a really good idea, and it gives the Ocean some actual relevance.
I made some Shark Armour sprites and stat ideas:

New Piskel(4).gif

Sharksniper Helm
Stats:

3 Defence
+1 flat Ranged damage
You can move as fast in water as you can on land

RECIPE
- Shark Fin x4
- Shark Hide (new item) x10
- Bone x10

New Piskel(5).gif

Sharksniper Mail
Stats:

5 Defence
Movement speed increased by 10%
Increases armour penetration by 4

RECIPE
- Shark Hide x15
- Bone x25
- Seashell x5
New Piskel(6).gif

Sharksniper Boots
Stats:
4 Defence

15% chance not to consume ammo
Allows swimming in water

RECIPE
- Shark Hide x10
- Bone x20
- Shark Fin x2

SET BONUS:
The Minishark and Megashark have +2 piercing, but always consume a bullet regardless of your chance not to consume them.
You have -500 aggro

Basically, these stats were designed around sacrificing some of the Necro Armour's defence for FAR better offense. (because both Necro and Fossil are trasshhhhhhyyyyyy we need a good PHM ranged set)
It has a few nice utility perks for navigating underwater.
Use it with the Minishark for
T O T A L D E S T R U C T I O N

More misc changes:
Sharks are much more common
Sharks do less damage
Sharks now drop 1-6 Shark Hide, a new crafting material
Sharks now only drop a Shark Fin 50% of the time

I'm gonna make the others at some point.

Last edited:
Whoa! Those are pretty cool! Nice stats too. I was thinking like the shark armor looking a bit more like the actual sharks in game including having a tail on the armor. Same goes for the jellyfish armor looking a little like the in game jellyfish, etc. But your sprites DO look cool...

Back
Top Bottom