Biomes & Nature Ocean Looping

TheTrueBrawler

Plantera
So I have no idea if this was ever suggested, but I wanted to make the suggestion to loop the world. This means if someone travels across the ocean in one edge of the world, they will appear in the other edge. Obviously it should loop in a neet way. The Oceans should be on the same level, caves shouldn't be cut off, ores will generate like normal, and other things.

This can allow for faster traveling of worlds without having to place thousands of wire down for a teleporting station. If a player is on the opposite side of the world, and wants to get to the dungeon, he won't have to magic mirror home, and walk the distance. Same with the jungle. Some custom maps might rely on it. If one wants to have a race from one spot to the same spot without using wire, it is an option.

It will be better on the camera. I don't know about others here, but when you reach the end, the camera stops moving, and it is harder to do things like that. Building becomes a hassle at the end of the world, the accessory slots can get in the way when your opening chests, and it can end up being your undoing in the Duke Fishron fight.

It can also be of use for certain bosses. This allows for one to make a bridge infinity blocks long to help out with longer fights. The Expert Mode Skeletron fight might need one as the head spins so fast, and avoiding his skulls will become easier all without the need to turn when you hit the end. This also opens up opportunity for a bigger arena for fighting Duke Fishron.

But you see it wouldn't make sense. I know terraria isn't exactly meant to be realistic and all but this is a little farfetched. Having the ocean be as far as you can go gives it a more realistic 'stuck on an island' feel and thats as far as you can go. ps. im not trying to be a hater or whatever i just like it the way it is and sure other people do to and if it was like this it would be confusing and frustrating to people cuz its not exactly be realistic

Let's see, first off I have never liked the idea. There are a couple problems aside from my personal preference.

1) East/West are referenced. Not much of an issue.
2) Wall of Flesh looping. The wall of flesh moves toward one side until it reaches the end of the underworld or it dies. You could program it to only go a certain distance but it would still allow you to drop in from the west/east and then loop to the WoF much easier.

2) Wall of Flesh looping. The wall of flesh moves toward one side until it reaches the end of the underworld or it dies. You could program it to only go a certain distance but it would still allow you to drop in from the west/east and then loop to the WoF much easier.
Maybe the edges of the world are blocked by a wall of indestructible flesh blocks an either end while the WoF is alive? Or the world only loops in hardmode. That and enemy ai are probably the biggest problems with this.

Back
Top Bottom