Items Ocean Mirror (Magic Mirror from fishing)

InstaFiz

Slime Collector
Whenever we start a new world, there are three key items that we always look for: the
etdo3fO.png
Magic Mirror, the
RI41OJI.png
Cloud in a Bottle, and the
lF7bmny.png
Hermés Boots. Problem is, it's not guaranteed that these items will appear in chests. Fortunately, two out of the three of these items can be obtained via fishing. These items would be the
8KQFAoq.png
Sailfish Boots and the
ItXBXw2.png
Tsunami in a Bottle. The Magic Mirror, however, cannot be obtained via fishing.
I can't see a reason why not, so I present to you...

THE OCEAN MIRROR
(I don't have a sprite, unfortunately, but I don't think I'll need one.)

The idea is simple: It's a variation of the Magic Mirror that you can get from fishing.
Just like the Sailfish Boots and the Tsunami in a Bottle, it would have a 2.5% chance to be obtained from
RwDvatw.png
Wooden Crates, and a 5% chance to be obtained from
Kc4cYYV.png
Iron Crates.
It's a simple concept, but I think it'd be a great addition. Let me know what you guys think!

The odds that your entire world will not contain all of those items are so low that it is virtually impossible.

Give me a seed that has no magic mirror or ice mirror in the entire world please.
While I have no seed right now, I once did a mage playthrough on my Xbox One and there was no magic mirror in the world at all.
I also should've mentioned multiplayer. The chances that the world will provide these accessories for two players are slim.

I think this is an interesting idea!
I don't really see why we have fishing versions of cloud in a bottle and Hermes boots, yet we do, so I don't see why there can't be one for the magic mirror if the other two exists as fishing loot.

In my first terraria world, i didn't find a magic mirror until hardmode. And then i died. In mediumcore. And this was before recall potions existed. Support!

While I have no seed right now, I once did a mage playthrough on my Xbox One and there was no magic mirror in the world at all.
I also should've mentioned multiplayer. The chances that the world will provide these accessories for two players are slim.
There is no way there were not 2 mirrors in that world. Or even 10. The cavern layer is far too large to allow that possibility.

Never had this problem since I usually a about 20 thousand of them in a chest. It's fine I suppose, but once you get one, it's kinda annoying as it's making other drops rarer.

The odds that your entire world will not contain all of those items are so low that it is virtually impossible.
It can happen though, and that is still a problem. A more likely scenario is that they do spawn, but happen to be tucked away in a place that means they are acquired far far later than intended (ie in hardmode).

It doesnt hurt to add something else to crates.

I havn't found this much of an issue since that Recall potions are a thing. But it wouldn't hurt to give them some renewability for a big multiplayer session.

It can happen though, and that is still a problem. A more likely scenario is that they do spawn, but happen to be tucked away in a place that means they are acquired far far later than intended (ie in hardmode).

It doesnt hurt to add something else to crates.
I'm genuinely not sure it can happen, though. There have to be some kind of parameters on the generation.

Recall potions can substitute for this, plus they can be crafted

Support for this idea. It would just seem negligible if they were to add important Golden Chest items to the Fishing loot pool like the Cloud in a Bottle and Hermes' Boots while leaving out the Magic Mirror.

Back
Top Bottom