Portfolio/Multi-Topic Ocean Suggestions

This update adds a lot more content for the ocean. First of all the update adds boats that the player can ride on. there are wooden boats and iron boats that are can be crafted. The golden boat you can only get from the pirate invasion. There is also ship wrecks that contain loot at the bottom of the ocean. There is up to 4 ship wrecks in the world. The new npc is the oversea merchant. It sells 8 random pre-hardmode items every time he comes but he comes a lot less than the traveling merchant. The new item is the aquarium that is crafted using 1 terrarium and 1 water bucket. You can put every type of fish in the game into the aquarium including the quest fish and the fishes that are tools (like the reaver shark).

This update adds a lot more content for the ocean. First of all the update adds boats that the player can ride on. there are wooden boats and iron boats that are can be crafted. The golden boat you can only get from the pirate invasion. I assume that all these do is allow you to ride on water? At what speed? What is the difference between the different tiers? There is also ship wrecks that contain loot at the bottom of the ocean. There is up to 4 ship wrecks in the world. What kind of loot? Where do the ships spawn? There is definitely not nearly enough room in the oceans for up to 4 ships. The new npc is the oversea merchant. It sells 8 random pre-hardmode items every time he comes but he comes a lot less than the traveling merchant. The new item is the aquarium that is crafted using 1 terrarium and 1 water bucket. You can put every type of fish in the game into the aquarium including the quest fish and the fishes that are tools (like the reaver shark). This has already been suggested in a better, more detailed way.

Replies in lime. This suggestion could be fleshed out. (also what happened to 1.3.3?)

Replies in lime. This suggestion could be fleshed out. (also what happened to 1.3.3?)
1.3.3 is Underground Desert
GxPhs8E.png

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, since the water body of the ocean is kinda small, I don't see much point for a boat, well unless it actually add something. We also have the something-turtle that swims and the Slimy Saddle which makes you float on water.

Well as Snails said what's the loot inside the chests (in the shipwrecks) ? Regular Ocean chest loot?

The Oversea Merchant could sell something more unique, instead of selling things that can already be get by another way.

Aquarium is a fine idea.

So not really a BAD idea, it can be improved by adding details, new enemies, new places.

1.3.3 is Underground Desert
GxPhs8E.png

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, since the water body of the ocean is kinda small, I don't see much point for a boat, well unless it actually add something. We also have the something-turtle that swims and the Slimy Saddle which makes you float on water.

Well as Snails said what's the loot inside the chests (in the shipwrecks) ? Regular Ocean chest loot?

The Oversea Merchant could sell something more unique, instead of selling things that can already be get by another way.

Aquarium is a fine idea.

So not really a BAD idea, it can be improved by adding details, new enemies, new places.
I just want the ability to when creating a world to be able to select: wider-deepeer-both oceans/smaller oceans. bigger forest biome/smaller forest biome (so less of other biomes or more)
This would make more things possible with the ocean biome. ( these wouldnt change the overall size of the world just the size of all other biomes

Another thing is the fact that underground ocean doesnt exists (not that it makes much sense to have one but cmon underground jungle doesnt make much sense either)
this could be done by having coral reefs and other things with small caves (like really small) but many of them.

This could lead up to a new mini boss like a squid or something like that. and maybe a guaranteed shipwreck and a chance for one on each side.

Can the oceans be bigger to hold shipwrecks in them? I'll be honest it always feels impossible getting to the water chests without flippers at the start of the game, especially with all the sharks. Maybe boats could be the answer to this problem, and give fishers an option besides water walking boots or potions to be out on the water. Although fish look great on an item frame on the wall it would be cooler to see them swimming in an aquarium.
@AlecHero there is a cool suggestion like that, here is a link to it

Well everyone according to the spoilers so far there is water dynamics features and a portal that most likely leads to dungeon guardians 2.

@mushroomite crown Since this is a suggestion and has nothing to do with official Terraria updates, 1.3.4 or otherwise, I have changed the name of the thread to Ocean Suggestions. If you would prefer a different thread title, please report the opening post and let us know what name you would like, but please don't include any Terraria version numbers as it causes confusion.

Well everyone according to the spoilers so far there is water dynamics features and a portal that most likely leads to dungeon guardians 2.
Ya 1.3.4 adds some visual effects, and a dungeon defenders themed event. No proof for this claim.

Since this thread isn't about the upcoming Terraria update, please keep the discussion on the topic of the thread's suggestions.

Oh I didn't know it was a suggestions thread sorry, I don't see a use for boats though ocean isn't too big. Maybe if oceans were longer

I think the ocean biome should be much larger than it is now, both in depth and width. It would be one of the largest, if not the largest, biome(s) in terraria. A jungle sized ocean would be best, but an underground desert sized ocean would also be acceptable. It could house more types of marine species; some hostile some not, some could have new mechanics and of course drops. There could be vast reefs teeming with life, hidden treasures inside creepy murky sunken ships, trenches so deep that they run three quarters the way down to hell (this could spawn during hard mode perhaps, and have some of the most fearsome creatures lurking in its depths), or narrow mysterious underwater caves. The ocean biome could have a chance at spawning an island at sea as well, that could have pirates living on it, or some other civilization. Coconuts could be introduced... or a volcanic island or or or... the possibilities stated here are just the beginning... Its time we show the ocean some love. Please make my dreams a reality re-logic!

Sincerely,
A huge Terraria fan

Back
Top Bottom