Ocean "Tunnels"??

Synyster44

Terrarian
So, I've been playing Terraria since 2012. I've logged thousands of hours across 5 different platforms (360, PS3, Mobile, 3DS, PS4) and the game CONTINUES to surprise me! Not only is 1.4 fantastic and the best thing to ever come to console players, but I'm also still discovering all the unique ways world gen can make some really special worlds.

I was spamming new worlds trying to find some Water Walking Boots for my Journey Mode character, and I came across a world in which the ocean on either end contains massive tunnels! It literally looks like the Destroyer went on vacation to the beach and just wreaked havok down there!

Here's a screenshot for what it looks like on the minimap, enjoy my shock and wonder at discovering something like this for the first time, with over 2000 hours of play time collectively across all my different devices!

Attachments

• 17c4e6d8bf297-17420E28F15A1B2B657.4F027CD6B03C6ED4_message_418151246225504_1633403305568.jpg
    17c4e6d8bf297-17420E28F15A1B2B657.4F027CD6B03C6ED4_message_418151246225504_1633403305568.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 193
So, I've been playing Terraria since 2012. I've logged thousands of hours across 5 different platforms (360, PS3, Mobile, 3DS, PS4) and the game CONTINUES to surprise me! Not only is 1.4 fantastic and the best thing to ever come to console players, but I'm also still discovering all the unique ways world gen can make some really special worlds.

I was spamming new worlds trying to find some Water Walking Boots for my Journey Mode character, and I came across a world in which the ocean on either end contains massive tunnels! It literally looks like the Destroyer went on vacation to the beach and just wreaked havok down there!

Here's a screenshot for what it looks like on the minimap, enjoy my shock and wonder at discovering something like this for the first time, with over 2000 hours of play time collectively across all my different devices!
Aren't the new ocean tunnels great. I love when one of my worlds gets one. So lucky of you to have both of your oceans get one. They can be dangerous for new characters with all that water, but so fun to explore for the first time. It's fun to hear how they surprised you, thanks for sharing. :)

Aren't the new ocean tunnels great. I love when one of my worlds gets one. So lucky of you to have both of your oceans get one. They can be dangerous for new characters with all that water, but so fun to explore for the first time. It's fun to hear how they surprised you, thanks for sharing. :)
Yeah, they're amazing! When were they implemented? 1.4?

Theyre pretty cool, I will admit but the chances of one generating on one ocean is 50% or 1 in 2 i think? correct me if im wrong.

Officially known as "sea caves", the wiki has info on them. Each Ocean has a 1/4 chance of having one, and also an independent 1/4 chance of having a "Florida style" beach that starts shallow and curves down toward the world edge. They allow for extra Water Chests, though the seaweed is a little annoying. Also, they complicate isolating the oceans for Hardmode, because the sand goes down further.

Officially known as "sea caves", the wiki has info on them. Each Ocean has a 1/4 chance of having one, and also an independent 1/4 chance of having a "Florida style" beach that starts shallow and curves down toward the world edge. They allow for extra Water Chests, though the seaweed is a little annoying. Also, they complicate isolating the oceans for Hardmode, because the sand goes down further.
Ah, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom