Mobile Ocram Annoyance. Despawning? Retreating? General Disappearance? Who knows.

As the title states, I am end-game mobile Terrarian. All I have to do is beat Ocram a few times, craft the Armor I desire, get the best spear / sword, and then I'm done. However, once crafting the very expensive Suspicious Looking Skull, and spawning in the Beast, the fight is fairly normal. I have a long path, running back and forth, get Ocram to about 1/4 health, run far enough that Ocram is off the screen (which isnt very far on an Ipod 5th Gen) then the music stops, and a couple Servants track me down, but Ocram just disappears, and doesn't drop any loot. I have tried this twice now, again just today, but it just dissapears, like before. Here is my layout:

Hallowed Set (Melee) (yes I know it is a bad choice to use melee sets while fighting a boss with a ranged arsenal but I use it for my everyday business along with my Gungnir, I am not a ranged player.)
Deadly MegaShark
Sighted FlameThrower
Greater Healing Potion

My buff list is:

Ironskin
Swiftness
Regeneration
Thorns

The world is fairly new, about 3-5 months, even though I got the game last year around January. Its a world that I made for my hard-mode basically. I have explored it almost completely. I'm not sure what this is, and it has happened both times I have tested it, both at that 1/4 health meter. It isnt stated on the wiki at all.

Any Ideas / Suggestions on what I could do? Spending 30 Souls of Light and 24 Souls of night is way too expensive to waste a couple potions and 500 crystal Bullets.

Try to beat him as a mage with hallowed headgear and magic dagger, or have a friend help you with him

The issue is with the despawning. Also, he chooses to use the melee set for the defense, if I am correct. I think the issue is that he goes too far offscreen, then he despawns. I once had the same problem with The Twins. One despawned, the other eventually killed me.

The issue is with the despawning. Also, he chooses to use the melee set for the defense, if I am correct. I think the issue is that he goes too far offscreen, then he despawns. I once had the same problem with The Twins. One despawned, the other eventually killed me.

Yea I know but if you have someone else there, and one guy dies/ needs to heal, he can retreat without ocram despawning because the other person will be near him, unless he immodestly de spawns the second after he goes directly offscreen, that should work

Yeah they are both right, be careful around the edges of the map, just like wyverns any boss too far up or to one side wil crash into the end and you will lose the drops. If you feel cheated out of the skull, you can hit your inventory button right after and then move it out of your hotbar. You will mess it up eventually but it sure saves on the resources,
(If you do it right, you can beat him up to 5 times a night it takes practice though );)

Back
Top Bottom