Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 21 (Best)

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

XxLegoTadhgxX

Terrarian
Very small and simple guide about ocram!
  • His attack pattern is very similar to the eye of Cthulhu.
  • Try to avoid the demon scythes as they do tons of dmg.
  • Unless you can yrimir it then hallowed+ is Reccomended.
  • Potions are not super important unless you have weak gear.
  • A flat area is best for the fight.
  • A golden shower/Ichor bullets/flask of Ichor can prove very usefull in killing ocram.
  • The best arena is a flat surface with campfires and heart lanterns with spikey balls in the floor.
  • The servants can kill you quickly so make sure to not ignore them.
  • Platforms can help if you are using melee but can make ranged/magic harder fight.
  • Expecialy for melee, aim for the middle since the hitbox is broken.
  • Wings can give you a major boost for dodging the attacks.
That is all for now. I hope this helped!

Last edited:
Nifty guide, and also:
-Have loads of campfires and a healing station (honey)
-Use melee only (non-projectile) to defeat his servants
-In 2nd phase, have good speed, because you'll need it to dodge the lasers and scyths
-Aim for the middle (as his hitbox is broken)

Don't forget to add platforms to ur arena as they help ur mobility
In my experience platforms have hindered my fight and it isn't very important.
Nifty guide, and also:
-Have loads of campfires and a healing station (honey)
-Use melee only (non-projectile) to defeat his servants
-In 2nd phase, have good speed, because you'll need it to dodge the lasers and scyths
-Aim for the middle (as his hitbox is broken)
1 I mentioned fires but the honey majorly hinders movement unless wires are used
2 I get fine using a single class (magic and ranged) without any Melee weapons so it's not important
3 Wings do that quite easily
4 Not much problem for ranged but melee I guess

I used Turtle Armour, Legendary Terra Blade/Godly Paladin's Hammer/Godly Vampire Knives, Ankh Shield/Wings/Fire Gauntlet/Celestial Stone/Frostspark Boots (All Warding). Flat Surface, Heart Lanterns/Campfires. No Potions.

Stand still, aim at him and hammer him with any of the 3 weapons. Don't even need to prep any more than that.

If you really need help, I originally used an Unreal Megashark and Cursed Ichor Bullets to destroy Ocram, Skeletron Prime and The Twins.

I don't even need to run around much any more either. I mastered the Pumpkin Moon and have 50% of the stuff from Frost Moon solo.

Didn't even know Ocram existed for the first few months playing Terraria. :/

Ocram's defense becomes 0 when affected with ichor and life steal makes the fight very easy.

Very small and simple guide about ocram!
  • His attack pattern is very similar to the eye of Cthulhu.
  • Try to avoid the demon scythes as they do tons of dmg.
  • Unless you can yrimir it then hallowed+ is Reccomended.
  • Potions are not super important unless you have weak gear.
  • A flat area is best for the fight.
  • A golden shower/Ichor bullets/flask of Ichor can prove very usefull in killing ocram.
  • The best arena is a flat surface with campfires and heart lanterns with spikey balls in the floor.
  • The servants can kill you quickly so make sure to not ignore them.
  • Platforms can help if you are using melee but can make ranged/magic harder fight.
  • Expecialy for melee, aim for the middle since the hitbox is broken.
  • Wings can give you a major boost for dodging the attacks.
That is all for now. I hope this helped!
All I did was fight him with my friend and I shot magnet spheres and he shot the poison staff and some other stuff and we easily won - no deaths whatsoever.
And this is a very nice guide for beginners. Good Job.

The best advice I can provide, is that a piercing weapon mixed with a Megashark and Adamantite, is all you need if you are a least decent with mobility.
My Set Up:

Armour and Accesories:
-Adamantite Armour, using Melee helmet (Hallowed can be used on the safe side of things).
-Wings (Best Available)
-Spectre Boots or higher (Frostpark Boots can be used with Ice Blocks, but you're better off using asphalt)
-Charm Of Myths (Or just simply Philosopher's Stone, because his Demon Scythe's are extremely damaging)
-Mana Flower (as my suggested piercing weapon of choice is a Magic Harp, you can adjust depending on class, such as a Power Glove for melee)
-Cross Necklace/Star Veil (This is a must-have, because a few seconds of invincibility might be the one thing between death and victory.

Weapons:
-Magic Harp/Gungnir/Hallowed Repeater(Hellfire/Unholy Arrows)
-Megashark(Crystal/Cursed/Ichor Bullets)

Buffs:
-Ironskin
-Regeneration
-Swiftness
-Thorns
-Clairvoyance(Crystal Ball)
-Ammo Box
-Lifeforce
-Heartreach
-Campfire
-Heart Lantern
-(optional) Magic Power and/or Regeneration

Arena:
Basically a large box, about 150-250 blocks wide, and 30-50 blocks high. Platforms going in rows occasionally. Using a hammer, making a small dip in the ground for honey buff every now and then.

Notes:
Always start at the beginning of night, allowing a large amount of time for the fight. Find as many Life Fruits as you can beforehand. As long as your mobility is okay, you should be able to survive the onslaught using the below method.

Run from left to right and back, shooting the Magic Harp at your feet. Then after his first bout of Servants, simply use your Megashark to deal as much damage as possible before the next onslaught of minions. Rinse and repeat until you remain victorious.

Loot:
15-30 Souls Of Blight (used for old console exclusive armour, Tonbogori, Tizona, Vulcan Repeater)
10-38 Adamantite Ore (for making more bars to fight him again)
~28 Spectral Arrows
Ocram Trophy (10%)
Ocram Mask (14.29%)
One piece of either Dragon, Spectral (not Spectre) or Titan Armour (11%)

PS: For the summoning item (Suspicious Looking Skull) you need:
-10 Adamantite Bars (50 ore)
-5 Souls Of Night
-5 Souls Of Light
-Mechanical Skull
-2 Mechanical Eyes

Hope this worked out for you!

My "anti Ocram set" (warning: these are endgame items, some are hard to obtain)

Armor:
Beetle Armor (with shell, provides very high defense)

Items:
-Warrior Emblem
-Ankh Shield (provides knockback resistance and extra defense)
-Destroyer Emblem
-Tattered fairy wings (If you've got arena, wings aren't necessary. You can use damage boosting accessory instead (avenger emblem, fire gauntlet)
-Celestial Stone

All with menacing prefix.

Weapons:
-Demon Sickle (Does multiple damage)
-Paladin's Hammer (High speed + high damage)

You don't need any potions. Only if you want to defeat him quicker!

[DOUBLEPOST=1451503352,1451503119][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just used specter armor and a magnet spher and an inferno fork I easily defeated him
That's a good strategy too. Razorpine and Blizzard staff can be useful.

Add this to the list. Stand completely still and spam vampire knives. I fought this boss last because the recipe for the spawner is super expensive, and my world had no adamantite.

Back
Top Bottom