Mobile Odd PC Server issue

Maiku

Terrarian
I bought Terraria on Android today for my wife and I to play during her down time at work, and set up a server on my PC for it.

I'm having an issue though. I can connect locally which is pretty simple to setup. I however can't connect over regular internet connections (thought it was a port forwarding issue) and neither can my wife(on different wi-fi, different locations). However if we both use our mobile data we can connect to the server no problem. Can anyone tell me why or know a fix?

Mobile devices are;

Samsung Galaxy S9 (her's)
LG G8X ThinQ (mine)

you need a good internet connection back at home and at work (your phone 4g speeds will work just fine on your phone)
but, you need a strong internet connection to not have lag,crashes and such
if thats not the case wait for a patch on the server tool

I bought Terraria on Android today for my wife and I to play during her down time at work, and set up a server on my PC for it.

I'm having an issue though. I can connect locally which is pretty simple to setup. I however can't connect over regular internet connections (thought it was a port forwarding issue) and neither can my wife(on different wi-fi, different locations). However if we both use our mobile data we can connect to the server no problem. Can anyone tell me why or know a fix?

Mobile devices are;

Samsung Galaxy S9 (her's)
LG G8X ThinQ (mine)
Hi @Maiku, welcome to the forums. :) Normally if your mobile game is not able to connect to the PC hosted server t means that the port forwarding isn’t set up correctly. It can be a difficult thing to do if you’re not familiar with it (like me), and made even harder because everyone has a different router with a different setup so nothing is standard.

You may have already, but have you looked over the resources and links in the sections talking about the server setup in this article: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

thats good enough
well i guess wait for the patch
(1.3.1 just released)
Thanks for trying to help @TacticleShotgun, but a few clarifications. There’s no known issues with the server executable that would need to be patched, so there’s no patch coming for it. And the most recent update was 1.3.0.7.8 (not 1.3.1 which is known as the wiring update).

Hi @Maiku, welcome to the forums. :) Normally if your mobile game is not able to connect to the PC hosted server t means that the port forwarding isn’t set up correctly. It can be a difficult thing to do if you’re not familiar with it (like me), and made even harder because everyone has a different router with a different setup so nothing is standard.

You may have already, but have you looked over the resources and links in the sections talking about the server setup in this article: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

Thanks for trying to help @TacticleShotgun, but a few clarifications. There’s no known issues with the server executable that would need to be patched, so there’s no patch coming for it. And the most recent update was 1.3.0.7.8 (not 1.3.1 which is known as the wiring update).
In my original post I've said that I can connect with anything but wi-fi.

I've already done port forwarding. As I said in my original post, I can connect 10 miles from my house with my mobile data plan, or connect locally over my network (as can my wife) but when either of us try and connect over wi-fi itself, it's just an unending "connecting" screen.

Back
Top Bottom