PC [Oddity] Player Above Sensors do NOT activate Teleporters?

Lycos Hayes

The Destroyer
So, Yet again I am working on another part of my build for Castlevania, and more Mechanism snags have surfaced.

Apparently Teleporters don't seem to be activated by Player Above sensors.

Player_Above_Teleporter_1.gif

Any thoughts?

This seems to be intended, see
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...3-1-wiring-mechanics.43646/page-2#post-984500
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...3-1-wiring-mechanics.43646/page-3#post-984624
youse a logic gate
from my experience it doesn't help

Using a darttrap/teal pressure pad proxy should help, but I haven't tested that

edit: not just a dart trap

Last edited:
Teal pressure plate + dart doesn't work either
[doublepost=1464625884,1464625789][/doublepost]Wait it works my bad

indeed, since, as with the setup you are showing, you'd get teleported but then immediately teleporter back upon leaving the senor's range. Not certain how fast the sensors activate, could have been a potential wiring loop crash. If it were just once per tick activation, that would have been fine and funny, IMHO. Guess devs didn't it to look 'glitchy' though.

indeed, since, as with the setup you are showing, you'd get teleported but then immediately teleporter back upon leaving the senor's range. Not certain how fast the sensors activate, could have been a potential wiring loop crash. If it were just once per tick activation, that would have been fine and funny, IMHO. Guess devs didn't it to look 'glitchy' though.
Yeah, it seems that it's hard coded that Weighted Pressure Plates and Player Above sensors can't activate teleporters.

And a self-reseting dummy teleporter hoik relay would be the fastest, immediately repeatable way to use the logic sensor for this anyway. Although dart or spear trap (to teal plates) would be easiest, and...
portal cannon
...would be able to repeat faster, with only a 0.5s cooldown.

@ZeroGravitas how would this dummy hoik look like, if player sensors dont activate teleporters?
Teleporters are activated, but they don't teleport players. NPC, monsters and dummy ghosts are properly teleported(if not done on the same tick as player teleportation in some cases, probably)

edit: you should probably delay dummy reset into next tick after player teleport, if reset is done with teleportation ignore this edit, i'm confusing cases

That needs to be a proper pressure plate type(red and yellow work iirc?), and teleporting into a pressure plate doesn't activate it, you need to hoik into it after teleporting. Also you'll probably teleport it too many times, leave just one sensor?

thanks to: @pbq and @ZeroGravitas for the help.

here is the final product:

Capture 2016-05-30 19_44_06.png
Capture 2016-05-30 19_44_10.png

i used an and gate, now it only activates on the crossing section, you can make this way smaller, it is just for show off, i noticed that i can only hear 1 teleporter due to the low differents

Should work, just don't allow players to fall from above really slowly, they might trigger it without being in teleportation zone

Should work, just don't allow players to fall from above really slowly, they might trigger it without being in teleportation zone
just put the player sensors deper and no problem anymore :)
[doublepost=1464630831,1464630450][/doublepost]i put them 2 blocks deeper
Animation9.gif

Hmm, on a second look, does it reset properly? You probably would have said something already if it didn't, but the more I look at it, the more it feels like it would only work every other time...
I'll have to build this myself and find where I'm thinking wrong.

does anyone know a way to make a player sensor emit a second signal when it turns off
[doublepost=1464640322,1464639303][/doublepost]can't get it to work dammit

Back
Top Bottom