PC [Oddity] Player Above Sensors do NOT activate Teleporters?

here is the final product:

index.php
You don't need the upwards sloped blocks there at all (they'd in fact just hoik the dummy up, if it weren't for the other slopes taking precedence). But yup, that works fine. It's as fast as the design I would have suggested (2 ticks per cycle), that pushes the dummy back into starting position entirely passively, with hoik teeth, by keeping the plates adjacent:
b95SxvI.png

@DicemanX posted this design (here) that has a 1 tick cycle time, by using a second pair of teleporter pads with specific off-set positions, to instantly teleport the dummy back to starting position:
The right hand side, that is, ignore the faulty gates (for a randomization mechanism).
wouldn't this be more simple ?
index.php
Yes. Should do the job. But you'll be limited to one use every 3.33 seconds.
does anyone know a way to make a player sensor emit a second signal when it turns off
It should do by default (if you have just one) - "off" is a toggle pulse, just the same as "on".

sorry i meant to not emit a second signal i forgot to put the "not" sorry :/
[doublepost=1464641344,1464640910][/doublepost]Is there a way to use one teleporter to teleport to multiple locations ?

To make a player sensor only send a signal upon entering/leaving, hook it up to a transistor like this:

Capture 2016-05-30 16_01_34.png

Capture 2016-05-30 16_01_41.png

This arrangement will send a message from the announcement box only whenever the player sensor activates; whenever it deactivates, the transistor turns off without sending a signal.

Hmm, on a second look, does it reset properly? You probably would have said something already if it didn't, but the more I look at it, the more it feels like it would only work every other time...
I'll have to build this myself and find where I'm thinking wrong.
Just rebuilt it, it should be close enough to be identical in function(attachment 1), and it did in fact have trouble resetting, teleporting you only every other time(well, teleporting you when you leave at least one of the sensor ranges after triggering both).
In this one you need to unhook the red pressure plate from the red wire for it to work properly(there's still 1 tick delay before it can be used again after player teleport during which dummy ghost is hoiked into original position, if that's a problem). Well, properly enough, it can still probably make a mess in multiplayer under right conditions, but that's a can of worm I'd like to leave for another day.
(attachment 2 is my 'fixed' version)

edit1&2:Doesn't this have an unknown(to me) delay before it can be used again because dummy gets reset 1 block higher than 'ground' level, and if activated again, it would either end up on top of the hoik tooth, or will still get hoiked, but then there'd be delay while it falls down onto pressure plate? Didn't want to post in original thread because I can't figure out how often that delay is activated. doh, nvm, I'm blind, sorry

edit3&4: still not sure if physics are applied to dummy often enough for it to work though. then again current topic doesn't require multiple times per tick delay activations, and you did describe it as 1 tick cycle. I should probably stop talking to myself in the comments and making so many edits

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-31 15_16_58.png
    Capture 2016-05-31 15_16_58.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture 2016-05-31 14_59_18.png
    Capture 2016-05-31 14_59_18.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
@pbq soneone told me i have to hoik the dummie into the preshure plate, in my version you teleport at the 3rd tick
[doublepost=1464733186,1464729165][/doublepost]
So, Yet again I am working on another part of my build for Castlevania, and more Mechanism snags have surfaced.

Apparently Teleporters don't seem to be activated by Player Above sensors.

Player_Above_Teleporter_1.gif

Any thoughts?

there is a new update:
  • All liquid & logic sensors aside "player above" now allow teleportations.
update 1.3.1.1 :D

Back
Top Bottom