OOC Off The Grid (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think since we lack a clear combat system - what if we simply gave dice from it? Usual deal - attacker rolls higher than defender - hit. Vice versa - dodge. On nat 20 of defender - counter. Or 10+ if they have a countering ability. Then swap sides.

The more the difference, the more it hurts. And nat 20 for attacker is critical hit, that can negate nat 20 of defender.

/systemadvertend

Anyway, would like to see what ideas do we have for that. I mean - Boop and you are already probably having a lot more shared interests and fandoms than with me or anyone else. Only talking in the RPing context.

I was mostly thinking story stuff.
I set up a cross-roleplay thing with 8-Ball. Didn't amount to much.
How would introducing a large faction as either a middle ground or big threat work?

I'm actually gonna have the ideas for it mostly done on here, and I'm gonna be taking suggestions as for what to do with it.

I was mostly thinking story stuff.
I set up a cross-roleplay thing with 8-Ball. Didn't amount to much.
How would introducing a large faction as either a middle ground or big threat work?
Actually - introducing a large faction as big threat works quite well. The problem is scaling - because we'd need galaxy-wide faction for this RP. Even Equestria amounts to 'just a outpost far away' in that scale.

Middle ground works too, for many NPCs can be created.

I think since we lack a clear combat system - what if we simply gave dice from it? Usual deal - attacker rolls higher than defender - hit. Vice versa - dodge. On nat 20 of defender - counter. Or 10+ if they have a countering ability. Then swap sides.

The more the difference, the more it hurts. And nat 20 for attacker is critical hit, that can negate nat 20 of defender.

/systemadvertend
And to be honest, a combat system sounds like an interesting idea.

So, I'm just going to yeet Alexandria, SolarFlare and Crescent Industries here

Name: Alexandria

Appearance (Pictures or Description): 174 cm tall, medium weight. Has white hair with a magenta streak, has hair down often. Wears a grey bomber jacket over a white tank top. Wears blue jeans and boots. Has a logo embroidered on jacket. Left eye is green, right eye is blue.

Species: Human

Personality: Unforgiving, sometimes cold. Will do whatever it takes to complete her tasks. Hates tyranny. Smart and strategic.

Equipment/Weapons and armor: Carries a glock, and a small drone equipped with a camera.

Ablities: Can breathe quietly, good with tech

Quirks: Is surprisingly caring towards the young. Can cook good sandwiches.

Flaws: Often doesn't take peaceful approaches to problems

Actually - introducing a large faction as big threat works quite well. The problem is scaling - because we'd need galaxy-wide faction for this RP. Even Equestria amounts to 'just a outpost far away' in that scale.

Middle ground works too, for many NPCs can be created.
I actually kind of already have a wide scale faction that would work in concept.

I don't think using CSS would be a good idea for this RP, as if I use the post-Civil War version, it'll be way too small to be much of a threat, but if I use pre-Civil War version, it woud cause lots of problems considering it's already tied to the story of RJITU.

Let's not forget that I didn't just add Esther, I also added her arch enemy, and we haven't seen him yet.
Speaking of which, what should be my third character? I want to have one that can be turned evil, so my options are:
Tiger, because Nick isn't immune. (I never said Nick was immune)
Noah.
Vani.
(And technically Sam, but I don't feel like adding Sam.)

I don't know, honestly. I've always felt like Marth is more of a "last resort antagonist" that's used when we don't have any other options, but we could actually play him into the story more.

Don't forget about haste-like effects, like 'acts twice/thrice', maluses from injuries and boons from experience (make them fair though, do not make it +50/-99, unless creature is way too powerful for a party/way too feeble/a bug.)
Woah, woah, woah.
I didn't think we'd be adding a levelling system to the RP.

Also, I kind of want to add the rest of Esther's Pokémon, but I'd need to figure out how to get them in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom