OOC Official Hysteria Revamp OOC

Done, but I also added info on the head blades because you left those out and I felt like they should have info on them if they're mentioned in the attack name.
Accepted! You can do solo (separate PM from others) or multiplayer (In IC thread.) Ask if you want solo or do your first action in multiplayer to get started.

Night 1 and I'm already not sure what's happening. Yeah, this is definitely a good sign.

Night 1 and I'm already not sure what's happening. Yeah, this is definitely a good sign.
Yup, same there. Probably should've been on a Local Multiplayer for us two instead.

The idea for Local Multiplayer - It's for 2-4 people, and it is on the PMs... yeah, this could be for people whose timezones do not match with rest of people.

I don't think I'll be on the IC thread, because, like calamity, timing just :red:s it up for me.

@Defure @Halt So if I am correct, you two want a duo PM play through? That is fine with me but I ask you don’t look at the IC as your adventure will be the exact same (unless a different difficulty and your decisions). I will make a PM if you both prefer.

**Since there wasn't a leader, the beam hits Weedy Packer 1. As expected, targets that have the elemental attribute Ground are immune to Void and Electricity. The void beam does no damage...**
@Bubby Aurora **
im sorry but i dont see the logic here, how does ground type = immune to void damage? unless the weedy packers have void insanity, they should be able to take void damage. and even with void insanity, you only have a resistance to void damage, not immunity

im sorry but i dont see the logic here, how does ground type = immune to void damage? unless the weedy packers have void insanity, they should be able to take void damage. and even with void insanity, you only have a resistance to void damage, not immunity
Each element has its own strengths and weaknesses. Void does 4x damage to dragons and galactic units with those elemental attributes. Its strong agianst a few other things and weak to some stuff. However, ground and void units are immune to void attacks. Also if you didn't know, units with the elemental attribute of dragon or galactic are usually the strongest creatures in the galaxy and void completely rips through them. This is how elements work, some are immune, resistant, normal, strong, or crazy powerful against others and your elemental attribute seems to be pretty OP from the start (Again, it is crazy powerful against DRAGONS and GALACTIC units with those elemental attributes, which are some of the strongest creatures in the entire UNIVERSE) so of course the element Void has a weakness. Common logic on how this works, the ground protects the void from spilling into the galaxy, therefore gaining an immunity from such a devastating element.

I am not pose to be saying on what elements are strong and weak against others unless I feel its necessary or if its really common logic (Which I will often give a reminder or tip.) I hope you understand the matchup and why I was really hesitant about allowing your character into the RP even with its need for energy.

Void damage has always just been simply a lack of logic. even with your whole "thinking about this logically", the matchup makes no sense, as fantasy is a lack of real world logic, and void is a lack of real world logic, so why do the 2 most fantasy-based types get their :red: kicked in the most?

when did you decide on this? when did ANY of that become a thing? Void damage has always just been simply a lack of logic. even with your whole "thinking about this logically", the matchup makes no sense, as fantasy is a lack of real world logic, and void is a lack of real world logic, so why do the 2 most fantasy-based types get their :red: kicked in the most?
I have decided this from the start... My example has type attacks... And isn't it obvious if there was a creature made of fire and someone used a water attack on it, the fire attacker should receive more damage?
Look, matchups don't always make sense but they are still there. Its going to stay that way. I don't know what else to say but Ground is immune to void and Void is crazy powerful against Dragon and Galactic. This is how its going to be. Exploring how each element goes against another is an adventure. Of course there might be times where it comes down to a not knowing a simple type matchup but I will help with that.

can you retrieve my previous application? not for replacing my new one, i just need to fact check something from the old one, as the wooden yoyo is supposed to have the same stats as Program's old primary, the wooden ball on a string, but i cannot accurately remember the statistics

can you retrieve my previous application? not for replacing my new one, i just need to fact check something from the old one, as the wooden yoyo is supposed to have the same stats as Program's old primary, the wooden ball on a string, but i cannot accurately remember the statistics
ORIFAN1

Name: Program
Appearance: <this is an android btw. an android that is (physically) almost a complete replica of a spirit guardian. almost.
Personality: he tries not to be an
cid:A87A942E-840A-4478-8281-2FAE287D1D4E@lan
, but sometimes he cant help it. possibly a typo in his system's config file or something. he wont let anyone check, though.
Health: 70
Items (all of the executable files are useless because the hysteria thing caused him to lose the most important tool (and a few other tools) needed for hacking. but who knows, maybe he will find a substitute tool)
SSHCrack.exe: an executable file that opens ports hosting SSH software. it may be worth noting that SSHCrack is considerably faster compared to the other executables.
FTPBounce.exe: an executable that opens up ports hosting FTP servers.
Tracekill.exe: pauses a network trace. theoretically, this could be used as a cloaking device, with the right modifications. theoretically.
A slightly cracked holographic screen: A screen that Program summons at will to interface with the hacking software. or he would, if he could use Porthack.
A wooden ball on a string: 3 lethal damage, 7 stun (physical) Damage

Special ability: ETAS.
While Program may not have Porthack (which is needed for a port-based intrusion), he still has the Emergency Trace Aversion Countermeasures. said countermeasures can be intentionally activated by running a security trace on himself to basically be a broad-spectrum DDOS attack on anything with a processing chip nearby, causing everything to malfunction. everything that isint a player thing. because somehow the countermeasures know.
but, it takes a while for the ETACs to spin up. more specifically:
it takes half a second for the artificial trace to trigger the countermeasures
it then takes 20 seconds (or 2 turns in turn based combat) for the countermeasures to activate
and during those 20 seconds (or 2 turns), Program is unable to perform any action.
the effect this ability has on electronic systems lasts for a minute (or 6 turns), and during that minute, it gradually gets harder for Program to see (due to the redline timer of the ETAS blocking his vision)
after the effect ends, Program is again unable to do anything for 20 (or 2 turns) seconds while his system reboots.

ok thanks, updated application to include that he starts with that item. so sorry i forgot
Its fine, we all make mistakes
OK, so the yoyo is pretty weak for 3 damage and it will do impact damage if thats fine. Do you mind if I add the effect to your yoyo?
- Around the World - Does 3 Single, Indirect Physical, Impact Damage. Has a 50% chance to attack with the yoyo again, also getting the chance to attack another time. Max is 8 times.

If you are good with this, add this to your character app and tell me

Back
Top Bottom