Official Terraria Wiki - Feedback Thread

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
wiki.png

In case you missed it, Terraria has a new official wiki home - read all about the news and the move here >>> NEW OFFICIAL TERRARIA WIKI LAUNCH THREAD

As mentioned in that launch thread, we want your feedback on how things are going over at the new wiki:

• What is going great?
  • What could be better?
  • What do you wish you had over there that you do not?
  • etc.

We will read and consider all feedback given. If you would like to discuss further directly with the team managing the Official Terraria Wiki, you can hop on over to the Official Terraria Wiki Discord as well!

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
1647280139432.png
any way to make it so we can adjust the volume of these sounds? for example when you hover over it a slider pops up that can adjust the sound?
Overall i love the new look. I love the style of this.

Would be nice if these little buttons
1647283000560.png

Changed colours when clicked on

Also, really loving the search function! No longer have to wait an eternity for it to realize that I typed something and I can just press enter and it'll take me where I want!

Would be nice if these little buttons
View attachment 359597
Changed colours when clicked on

Also, really loving the search function! No longer have to wait an eternity for it to realize that I typed something and I can just press enter and it'll take me where I want!
Yeah, we are currently using the default mediawiki search instead of Algolia which is what Fandom uses. We are looking at switching to CirrusSearch (what Gamepedia used before the merge).

Not sure how many pages are like this, but for example on the progression path page, the text is unreadable.
1647286913621.png

It would be nice if the brown background was optional (or add a color wheel or dark mode). I don't know if I'm the only one who finds it a bit intrusive.

It would be nice if the brown background was optional (or add a color wheel or dark mode). I don't know if I'm the only one who finds it a bit intrusive.

More themes will be coming - based on the forum themes primarily... but will make note that a more basic default is desired as well.

Making the colour of the linked text something more contrasting would be nice, it is a little difficult to differentiate from the regular text.

Making the colour of the linked text something more contrasting would be nice, it is a little difficult to differentiate from the regular text.
We originally choose the same color as the forums, but that is something we have looked at and are considering changing.

When searching for a term, the colours of the results should be different.
The bright green on the size and date of the post is kinda irrelevant.
It would be greatly benefical to have the title of the posts/ sides to stand out!
Edit: Spelling error

Don't know if this is a bug or not but every time i try access the new wiki it asks for a login? Anyone else have this

Not sure how many pages are like this, but for example on the progression path page, the text is unreadable.
View attachment 359615
Yeah, this is a pretty big issue, maybe tone down the textbox brightness just a teeny bit

Yeah, this is a pretty big issue, maybe tone down the textbox brightness just a teeny bit
I did some digging and found where it can be fixed. The page MediaWiki:Css/base.css - The Official Terraria Wiki needs to be updated, specifically the custom notice boxes and borders for green, red, and yellow. Whoever does it could use Colors HSL to pick some colors values. I think hsl (117, 74%, 34%) would look better for the green box and hsl (117, 74%, 10%) would look better for the green borders.

Unfortunately, I can't change it; a mod needs too. But if one sees this, it should be a very quick fix!

(This was posted on the other thread before I found this one, sorry for the double post)

Hey, site looks great. However when viewing in my phone's browser (Brave on Android), I have to put it in landscape mode to access the search option. Not sure if this is intentional.

Thanks
Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220314-161248_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20220314-161248_Quickstep.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 322
--theme-body-background
--theme-content-background
Something about these backgrounds needed a lot of CPU to render.

I've had this page pinned in my browser for awhile (at least, the fandom wiki page):

On my monitor it appears the new ads completely cover 3 columns of info with no apparent way to get around it. With a cursory look at similar pages it seems any of these tables can be obscured if they're wide enough. Also, whenever I scroll on any page with these side ads, they jitter a lot trying to stay in pace with my scrolling.

Attachments

• 1647425562161.png
    1647425562161.png
    948.8 KB · Views: 179
I've had this page pinned in my browser for awhile (at least, the fandom wiki page):

On my monitor it appears the new ads completely cover 3 columns of info with no apparent way to get around it. With a cursory look at similar pages it seems any of these tables can be obscured if they're wide enough. Also, whenever I scroll on any page with these side ads, they jitter a lot trying to stay in pace with my scrolling.

This appears to have been fixed/addressed - can you check and confirm on your end? It looks fine to me now, but want to be sure that you are seeing the same.

Back
Top Bottom