Official Terraria Wiki - Feedback Thread

I did some digging and found where it can be fixed. The page MediaWiki:Css/base.css - The Official Terraria Wiki needs to be updated, specifically the custom notice boxes and borders for green, red, and yellow. Whoever does it could use Colors HSL to pick some colors values. I think hsl (117, 74%, 34%) would look better for the green box and hsl (117, 74%, 10%) would look better for the green borders.

Unfortunately, I can't change it; a mod needs too. But if one sees this, it should be a very quick fix!
Well that’s good to know

As a long time wiki reader/editor for all sorts of miscellaneous topics, the only thing I'm genuinely not a fan of is the background of the main content. It's pretty much convention to make sure that on a wiki, the main background (even if you style it heavily) is one solid color. It keeps things readable and easily understood. The main content instead has the same sort of "burn" effect that is on the background of forum posts which is rather distracting and (perhaps unintentionally) causes my eyes to default to the center of the page, something which is obviously not very useful on a wiki where most of the content will be pagewide.

The other problem is that the color of links; because the background isn't white, the green doesn't contrast very well on the brown.

This appears to have been fixed/addressed - can you check and confirm on your end? It looks fine to me now, but want to be sure that you are seeing the same.
No dice I'm afraid. I cleared site data for wiki.gg and all to be sure as well.

I use firefox so I figured I should check with microsoft edge since it's installed because windows. It's uh.... well I can't say it's much better lol.

Attachments

• 1647460216734.png
    1647460216734.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
No dice I'm afraid. I cleared site data for wiki.gg and all to be sure as well.

I use firefox so I figured I should check with microsoft edge since it's installed because windows. It's uh.... well I can't say it's much better lol.

I do as well (FF) - and checked with Edge as well - and I don't get any of the stuff you are seeing.

1647464227480.png
Edge

1647464266654.png
Firefox

@ReedemtheD3ad! any ideas here?

I'm not a big fan of keeping the Fandom Wiki.
There are now 2 places for the exact same information, and going forward, 2 different versions of the same page. If the new Wiki is now the official place, why keep a second version that is going to get outdated. Also, as the Fandom is around for multiple years and is much more established, it will rank much higher in search engines, taking the place for the now official Wiki.
Keeping a second version just makes everything much more confusing for the reader. The casual reader will stay on the Fandom (because of search engine results and old links) and the editors will move.

Please reconsider this.

I'm not a big fan of keeping the Fandom Wiki.
There are now 2 places for the exact same information, and going forward, 2 different versions of the same page. If the new Wiki is now the official place, why keep a second version that is going to get outdated. Also, as the Fandom is around for multiple years and is much more established, it will rank much higher in search engines, taking the place for the now official Wiki.
Keeping a second version just makes everything much more confusing for the reader. The casual reader will stay on the Fandom (because of search engine results and old links) and the editors will move.

Please reconsider this.
Fandom owns their wiki, so they are the ones who have control over if it remains, not Re-Logic, or wiki.gg. Yes, search engines will still link to the fandom one higher for awhile, but eventually it will be surpassed as more traffic goes to the new one.

1647513769551.png

Im not a web designer but Imo the banners could use a bit of a change, also the Melee one is slightly farther up than the other banners.
I made some ideas i had for this.
1647516360781.png

Also i really like having the terraria theme for the page :)

I do as well (FF) - and checked with Edge as well - and I don't get any of the stuff you are seeing.

View attachment 359910
Edge

View attachment 359911
Firefox

@ReedemtheD3ad! any ideas here?
I'm having the same issues - it looks like it has to do with the size of the window, so anyone using a ~720p or lower display (like myself) will have this happen.
msedge_vOTbjkefJv.png

Another thing I've noticed is that the sidebar menus cannot be minimized, despite their titles having an icon indicating they can.
msedge_pxcysYjBJw.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm blind or not, but i think Golden Seaweed is missing from Pets, you know, the console/mobile exclusive Golden Turtle pet

(This was posted on the other thread before I found this one, sorry for the double post)

Hey, site looks great. However when viewing in my phone's browser (Brave on Android), I have to put it in landscape mode to access the search option. Not sure if this is intentional.

Thanks
Dan
Anyone else using their phone? Does your phone's browser show the search function? Not really interested in getting a seperate browser just for this site, curious if its on my end or the website?

Thanks

Anyone else using their phone? Does your phone's browser show the search function? Not really interested in getting a seperate browser just for this site, curious if its on my end or the website?

Thanks
Hi @Rrrrrrredbelly I‘m on Safari on an iPhone and do have a search at the top. It may have just been added, so perhaps check your phone again.

1647699053613.jpeg

You wanted honest feedback, so here you go. I never liked this color scheme (including forums) from the moment you introduced it, and I actually preferred getting my information from other sites because of it. This/that dark shade of brown looks like sewage frankly, not dirt if that's what you were going for (especially when a computer is in night-light mode). Why did THAT have to be one of the things you had to have on your new wiki? It certainly doesn't look very pleasant as a background color, and it is not what I think of when I think of the game itself. I think more of the blues and greens in the game (like you used in the Steam Deck update images) or the mushroom biomes, or any number of the vivid colors you have in your game. Heck, I even think of all the grey stone you have to mine through in the caverns, before I think of the brown dirt mostly towards the top of the maps.

What you have chosen may work 'fine' with a website or forum, but when you start getting into all the tables and nitty-gritty information dumps found on wiki's, the readability really suffers from this color scheme (crates chart comes to mind). Now don't get me wrong the color combination could still work just fine if you just switched the text color with the background color. The browns you chose for your backgrounds would look perfectly fine as text, and the blue-ish-es, and whites would look great as background.

Other than that, I'm 'okay' with the move. As long as the information hasn't been messed with, and I can still find everything easily, I can deal with the move. A lot of people simply don't like change (myself included) so this is gonna be a tough one. But we'll all get over it in time. Heck, might even be an easier thing compared to most of the tough changes people have had to deal with recently. lol

I would like to see an option to change the color scheme to a plain white background with black text scheme like the fandom wiki. I personally find dark backgrounds and such harder to look at and more straining on the eyes.

I would love to see an option to just make it white background like the fandom terraria wiki.

Back
Top Bottom