• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

oxbonkus

Terrarian
i messed up; instead of copying my terraria files when i was backing them up, i moved them. when i used the installer, i gave me an error message (obviously) but after i copied the files back and tried to install again, the installer told me tMod was already installed. i can't find a way uninstall it, and deleting everything and reloading didn't work either; i even searched all my files for anything the installer loaded elsewhere and deleted that file, but it still didn't work. here's hoping this is fixable!

Using ModConfig stuff, how do I easily manually decide/replace a label at run-time? My specific cases:
- I have a label where I want to take the Int value, turn it into a Float, divide it by two, and display that (so that when the Int is 21, it should show as "ConfigItemA: 10.5" instead of "ConfigItemA: 21" in the configuration page).
- I have a different label where I simply want to add "%" after the Int value (to make it look like a percentage slider, e.g. "ConfigItemB: 40%" instead of "ConfigItemB: 40").

Difference

Terrarian
Oh hey, first would like to say, tmodloader is an great tool overall... however, ever since the new version, i have been having problems, whenever i install the new tmodloader, i get xna framework error, i have xna and its just fine, it says my display does not support it etc, it only happens on the new tmodloader, which sucks, sadly, tried everything and it only happens with the new tmodloader.

Attachments

SenpaiKun

Terrarian
I have a problem, my npc dont spawn manually, he cant come to the house manually, and when i spawn him he cant move in.
System.DllNotFoundException: Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'Microsoft.DiaSymReader.Native.x86.dll': Nie można odnaleźć określonego modułu. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedFactory.CreateSymWriter32(Guid& id, Object& symWriter)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedFactory.CreateObject(Boolean createReader, Boolean useAlternativeLoadPath, Boolean useComRegistry, String& moduleName, Exception& loadException)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedWriterFactory.CreateWriter(ISymWriterMetadataProvider metadataProvider, SymUnmanagedWriterCreationOptions options)
w Microsoft.Cci.PdbWriter.SetMetadataEmitter(MetadataWriter metadataWriter)
w Microsoft.Cci.PeWriter.WritePeToStream(EmitContext context, CommonMessageProvider messageProvider, Func`1 getPeStream, Func`1 getPortablePdbStreamOpt, PdbWriter nativePdbWriterOpt, String pdbPathOpt, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean isDeterministic, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.SerializePeToStream(CommonPEModuleBuilder moduleBeingBuilt, DiagnosticBag metadataDiagnostics, CommonMessageProvider messageProvider, Func`1 getPeStream, Func`1 getMetadataPeStreamOpt, Func`1 getPortablePdbStreamOpt, PdbWriter nativePdbWriterOpt, String pdbPathOpt, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean includePrivateMembers, Boolean isDeterministic, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.SerializeToPeStream(CommonPEModuleBuilder moduleBeingBuilt, EmitStreamProvider peStreamProvider, EmitStreamProvider metadataPEStreamProvider, EmitStreamProvider pdbStreamProvider, Func`2 testSymWriterFactory, DiagnosticBag diagnostics, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean includePrivateMembers, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, String pePdbFilePath, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.Emit(Stream peStream, Stream metadataPEStream, Stream pdbStream, Stream xmlDocumentationStream, Stream win32Resources, IEnumerable`1 manifestResources, EmitOptions options, IMethodSymbol debugEntryPoint, Stream sourceLinkStream, IEnumerable`1 embeddedTexts, CompilationTestData testData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.Emit(Stream peStream, Stream pdbStream, Stream xmlDocumentationStream, Stream win32Resources, IEnumerable`1 manifestResources, EmitOptions options, IMethodSymbol debugEntryPoint, Stream sourceLinkStream, IEnumerable`1 embeddedTexts, Stream metadataPEStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Terraria.ModLoader.RoslynWrapper.Compile(String name, String outputPath, String[] references, String[] files, String[] preprocessorSymbols, Boolean includePdb, Boolean allowUnsafe)
w System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
w System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
w System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.RoslynCompile(String name, String outputPath, String[] references, String[] files, String[] preprocessorSymbols, Boolean includePdb, Boolean allowUnsafe)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, String outputPath, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildModForPlatform(BuildingMod mod, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<Build>b__0(ModCompile mc)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.BuildMod(Action`1 buildAction, Boolean reload)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Build>b__0()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
w System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
w System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

EekRats

Terrarian
Hi. I think this is the right place to post this, but I'm not sure. I have an issue with TModLoader v0.11.4. What happens is, I have been working on my mod, and I went to compile it use the "Mod Source" button in TModLoader. But instead of bringing me to the compile/build menu, it says "Enable Developer Mode", and "Mod Compile Folder Missing". Anyone know what this is? There isn't any button anywhere that says "Enable Developer Mode". I've looked all over the internet, searched through all the settings I could find, and still, I haven't found it.

holeow

Terrarian
Hi. I think this is the right place to post this, but I'm not sure. I have an issue with TModLoader v0.11.4. What happens is, I have been working on my mod, and I went to compile it use the "Mod Source" button in TModLoader. But instead of bringing me to the compile/build menu, it says "Enable Developer Mode", and "Mod Compile Folder Missing". Anyone know what this is? There isn't any button anywhere that says "Enable Developer Mode". I've looked all over the internet, searched through all the settings I could find, and still, I haven't found it.
It should be on the main menu, bottom right corner of the screen if i remember correctly.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Hey guys, I have a question: Is there a way of making a npc name be shown only by his name, not with his type?
I'm asking because It would be really weird to have an npc named "Rococo the Rococo" in the world. Do something like happens in Santa Claus case, which doesn't have a suffix.

Huut

Terrarian
when ever i open modded terraria i get a error saying:

An Error has occured while loading

the mod responsible is unknown and tmodloader must be restarted

System.NullRefrenceException: Object refrence not set to an instance of an object.

at Terraria.ModLoader.Modloader.IsEnabled(String modname)

at Terraria.modloader.Core.modorganizer.<>c.<loadMods>b_____8___0(LocalMod Mod)

at system.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator'I.MoveNext()

at system.Collections.Generic.list'1..ctor(lEnumerable'l collection)

at system.linq.Enumerable.ToList[Tsource](lEnumerable'l source)

at terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.loadmods(CancellationToken token)

at Terraria.Modloader.Modloader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Fixes ive tried include:

Deleting the config.json file, uninstalling and reinstalling terraria, deleting the most recent mod i downloaded through C:\Users\(Name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods.

direwolf420

Terrarian
delete the "enabled.json" file from C:\Users\(Name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods. If that doesn't work, delete any duplicate mod you have in there (something like "SpiritMod (2).tmod" or "SpiritMod - Copy.tmod")

Pink_Luigi

Terrarian
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to remove the default knockback that all weapons share in pvp or alternatively, giving a modded weapon custom knockback for pvp? Would this be difficult? I've looked through my compile of Terraria and can't seem to find the source code for why this happens. If anyone knows how to get started with this or where to look I would be grateful. :)

direwolf420

Terrarian
A player can either receive knockback (full) or no knockback at all. You could try setting something like target.noKnockback = true; in an OnHitPvP hook

Pink_Luigi

Terrarian
Okay the OnHitPvp hook didn't seem to work so I tried a ModifyHitPvp which I think will eventually work. The only problem is right now it causes a desync where when I attack another player with my modded sword, they recieve no knockback on my client but recieve full knockback on their side of the client. Then on my screen when I stop attacking, they teleport to where they were actually knocked back to on the server. Would this require a modpacket to fix? Or is it just a problem that's always existed in pvp?

Hateforhire

Terrarian

what does this mean? I get this error whenever i try to log in with tmodloader enabled, i have tried reinstalling terraria and tmodloader, and running as admin, and changing my folder to not be read-only. I would like to continue playing this game with my friends, please help

rubenturen

Terrarian
Hi, i have a problem.
I Want to do so that a drop from a boss only drops if a specific weapon was used to kill him.
(Pls post example code)

CrankyCashew

Terrarian
I speak for mac players. we kinda cant really update our terraria because a lot of us don't know where the "Install Directory" is for terraria. if we cant find it we cant enable tmodloader and terraria wont open.

the commands we want to use are:
chmod +x tModLoaderServer
chmod +x Terraria

jopojelly

Retinazer
I speak for mac players. we kinda cant really update our terraria because a lot of us don't know where the "Install Directory" is for terraria. if we cant find it we cant enable tmodloader and terraria wont open.

the commands we want to use are:
chmod +x tModLoaderServer
chmod +x Terraria
Step 1 of the readme tells you how to find it:

1. Go to the Terraria install folder (the one containing Terraria.exe, not the Saves folder). For most people, this will be "Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS". To enter your hidden Library folder, in the Finder open the "Go" menu, then hold down the "Alt" key. The hidden Library will become visible. To enter the Terraria.app folder, right-click it then click on "Show Package Contents". If you can't find it, view this video:

Zetrix

Terrarian
heyo does anyone know how to code a summon weapon that is like the stardust dragon staff in the way that it attacks and etc.
[doublepost=1568139012,1568138845][/doublepost]
heyo does anyone know how to code a summon weapon that is like the stardust dragon staff in the way that it attacks and etc.
or a summon weapon in general

direwolf420

Terrarian
Examplemod has a minion
And for a stardust dragon staff type minion, you can copy and adjust the relevant AI code by decompiling the game files. To make the weapon actually increase the amount of segments on use, that's a different story, because the game hardcodes this behavior in multiple places so it is hard to replicate

Top Bottom