• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

direwolf420

Terrarian
You don't need to download anything manually
Disable Terraria Overhaul mod (if you had it enabled), delete the files you extracted, then go ingame and click Mod Sources

Xlsfd

Terrarian
replace ModItem.ShadowflameArrow with mod.ItemType("ShadowflameArrow");
Unfortunately, that didn't work, but thanks anyway.
I was able to fix the error after searching these forums some more. After I replaced
"recipe.AddIngredient(ModItem.ShadowflameArrow, 4000);"
with
"recipe.AddIngredient(null,"ShadowflameArrow", 4000);"
ModLoader could compile the file without any errors.

GrayMech

Terrarian
i have been using tmodloader for a while now playing both singleplayer and multiplayer with friends, today when i went to install a new mod i was prompted so update tmodloader and since i didnt want to bother doing it manually i clicked the button for auto update, it did its thing downloading the auto updater but when the game re-opened i had this strange debug menu layered over my normal controls and i can't get it to go away, i've tried all the f-number keys and all the hotkeys i can think of but nothing works, any advice on getting it to disable?

Attachments

So I'm a pretty new modder, and this is my code. I'm trying to make a clone of the Enchanted Boomerang to test out projectiles, but I keep receiving the message "error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'ModProjectile' could not be found. I'm confused by this since this is the exact same as in the example code on the "Basic Projectile"

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TestMod.Projectiles
{
public class NanorangProjectile : ModProjectile
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("English Display Name Here");
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
projectile.CloneDefaults(ProjectileID.EnchantedBoomerang);
// projectile.aiStyle = 3; This line is not needed since CloneDefaults sets it.
aiType = ProjectileID.EnchantedBoomerang;
}

// Additional hooks/methods here.
}
}

GrayMech

Terrarian
is the mod browser not working for anyone else? me and three of my friends wanted to play together but tmodloader wasnt working properly, the mod browser is offline and we cant join each others worlds

Kazzymodus

Staff member
is the mod browser not working for anyone else? me and three of my friends wanted to play together but tmodloader wasnt working properly, the mod browser is offline and we cant join each others worlds
Yes, the Mod Browser is down and will likely remain so for a couple of days. As per the tModLoader discord:

1571315710044.png

Terraxien

Steampunker
TheBestPortato24 said:
Hey, anyone else know how to get the rainbow trails like on the Meowmere?
You should ether look at the games source code, just clone it or get one or find two kind good modders.

Code:
float Re = (float)Main.DiscoR / 255f;
float Gr = (float)Main.DiscoG / 255f;
float Bu = (float)Main.DiscoB / 255f;
Re = (0.5f + Re) / 2f;
Gr = (0.5f + Gr) / 2f;
Bu = (0.5f + Bu) / 2f;
Lighting.AddLight(projectile.Center, Re, Gr, Bu);

Yes there is rainbow lighting. for some reason

Code:
            int num3;
            for (int num318 = 0; num318 < projectile.oldPos.Length; num318 = num3 + 1)
            {
                if (!(projectile.oldPos[num318] == Vector2.Zero))
                {
                    int num319 = Dust.NewDust(projectile.oldPos[num318] + value13, 0, 0, 66, 0f, 0f, 150, Color.Transparent, 0.7f);
                    Main.dust[num319].color = Main.hslToRgb(Main.rand.NextFloat(), 1f, 0.5f);
                    Main.dust[num319].noGravity = true;
                }
                num3 = num318;
            }
should work but i'm not testing it. put it in wherever you put dust.

Last edited:

darrx

Terrarian
Hey everyone, I'm basically new to the whole Terraria community. and well i have a problem or error with the calamity mod. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but the problem is that the lore items from the calamity mod are showing as unloaded items. I think its only the lore items you get after defeating bosses that are unloaded. This happened after I updated Overhaul and Tmodloader, but I only went into my world after updating both, so im not sure which update caused it. Its hard to remember the exact details of what happened but I do need help. I tried disabling all the mods I have in the mods list (Calamity, Thorium, Recipe Browser, Calamity music, and Overhaul) and re enabling them, but that didnt work. As of now all my mods are fully updated along with terraria itself im pretty sure, but The lore items are still unloaded. Does anyone have a solution? I have found no solutions online so Im posting here

foxyfo

Terrarian
Im getting this error and i cant seem to fix it:

[20/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading ThoriumMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Does anyone else know how to?

Calamituff

Terrarian
Right, what the hell is this?
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'bool' and 'Rain[]'
error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'

All I did was use the Main.rain bool like I was using all the other bools, then this.

Kazzymodus

Staff member
Right, what the hell is this?
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'bool' and 'Rain[]'

All I did was use the Main.rain bool like I was using all the other bools, then this.
Main.rain is not a bool, rather it's an array of the individual raindrops (or rainlines, more accurately). To check if it's raining, use Main.raining.

Top Bottom