tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

I'm having a problem. When the new update launched my mods were all lost. When I went into the files to reinstall tmodloader and I tried launching the game, I GT the following error message:
System.DIINotFoundException: Unavle to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartApplfNecessary(Appld_tunOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.Core.SocialModule.Initialize((
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Phew, that was long.
Anyway, when I try to verify the files, it replaces the missing files and it launches Vanilla Terraria. And when I go back to the files and reinstall tmodloader, the error pops back up when I try to open it.
Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I'm not sure if this is exactly a modded problem but it has seem to come from installing tmodloader so I posted it here.

I'm having a problem. When the new update launched my mods were all lost. When I went into the files to reinstall tmodloader and I tried launching the game, I GT the following error message:
System.DIINotFoundException: Unavle to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Phew, that was long.
Anyway, when I try to verify the files, it replaces the missing files and it launches Vanilla Terraria. And when I go back to the files and reinstall tmodloader, the error pops back up when I try to open it.
Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? I'm not sure if this is exactly a modded problem but it has seem to come from installing tmodloader so I posted it here.
This is because 1.3.5 changed some things. Please wait for the next (temporary) release that will fix this issue.

Phew, that was long.

Phew, that was long.

How long does this usually take? And is there anyway to avoid terraria from being updated without turning off wifi?

If i make progess without the mods after copying the worlds to the vanilla folder can i copy back to the mod folder and still have the progress/ modded items?

How long does this usually take? And is there anyway to avoid terraria from being updated without turning off wifi?
Updates can be individually disabled for each Steam game. Right click on the game, click properties, updates and set it to only update when launched. You'll need to create a manual shortcut to tModLoader to prevent it from updating when you launch it.

Hello.
Im completely new to modding terraria, and I'm having trouble opening it after I've downloaded tmodloader. i press play, and it says loading, and then syncing for a second before stopping and not opening. What do i do?

How would I go about re-packing a mod? I was able to unpack it, but I want my musical changes to take effect, so I was wondering how to repack it back into a tmod file.

I would like some help with this error message (and the code):
Error msg: c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ThePixelMod\Items\PixelSword.cs(32,41) : error CS0117: 'Terraria.ID.ItemID' does not contain a definition for 'PixelEmblem'

Code (for sword):

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using ThePixelMod.Items;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace ThePixelMod.Items
{
public class PixelSword : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Pixel Sword";
item.damage = 15;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 46;
item.height = 46;
item.toolTip = "The first sword of ThePixel_Master";
item.useTime = 5;
item.useAnimation = 5;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 1;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.IronBar, 15);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.PixelEmblem, 1);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.Anvils);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Code (for Emblem):

using Terraria.ID;

{
public class PixelEmblem : ModItem
{
{
item.name = "Pixel Bat";
item.width = 46;
item.height = 46;
item.toolTip = "The mysical bat of ThePixel_Master";
item.value = 10001;
item.rare = 2;
}
}
}

Last edited:
I would like some help with this error message (and the code):
Error msg: c:\Users\Pixel\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ThePixelMod\Items\PixelSword.cs(32,41) : error CS0117: 'Terraria.ID.ItemID' does not contain a definition for 'PixelEmblem'

Code (for sword):

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using ThePixelMod.Items;

{
public class PixelSword : ModItem
{
{
item.name = "Pixel Sword";
item.damage = 15;
item.melee = true;
item.width = 46;
item.height = 46;
item.toolTip = "The first sword of ThePixel_Master";
item.useTime = 5;
item.useAnimation = 5;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.knockBack = 1;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.IronBar, 15);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.PixelEmblem, 1);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.Anvils);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

Code (for Emblem):

using Terraria.ID;

{
public class PixelEmblem : ModItem
{
{
item.name = "Pixel Bat";
item.width = 46;
item.height = 46;
item.toolTip = "The mysical bat of ThePixel_Master";
item.value = 10001;
item.rare = 2;
}
}
}
I'm assuming that PixelEmblem is a mod item. Here's how to add a moded item to a recipe.
recipe.AddIngredient(mod.ItemType("ItemName")); //replace ItemName with your moded item's class name, in this case PixelEmblem.

any estimation of when a temp update will be released?
A temp update has been released that includes the files needed to get the previous version working. It'll still be for 1.3.4.x, ,but at least it'll work.
tModLoader v0.9.2.3 for v1.3.5
You'll need to replace the CSteamworks.dll file and Fonts foder with the older version included in the .zip file.

Hey, I've just tried to load my tmodloader version of terraria (both through steam and using just the file) and i'm getting this error box;

error.png

Anyone know how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom