tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

So, how can I check if an item is a mod item, and get an unique id or something for it? I need that because I'm trying to save and load item infos, but If I add a new item to the mod or possibly change the mods loaded, the item may end up being a completelly different item the next time I load the game.
in 0.11.3, there are new methods in ItemID, GetUniqueKey and TypeFromUniqueKey, that might help you. On the other hand, you can save Item instances directly in TagCompound. Might be a good idea to come ask advice on the Discord chat.

in 0.11.3, there are new methods in ItemID, GetUniqueKey and TypeFromUniqueKey, that might help you. On the other hand, you can save Item instances directly in TagCompound. Might be a good idea to come ask advice on the Discord chat.
I'll try the TagCompound idea.
Thanks.
Edit:. It worked! Yay!
Beside I had to add a boolean to check if the item id isn't 0, or else the loaded inventory were going to be "NO ITEM".
Thanks.

Last edited:
i tried to run modded terraria but all that came up was an error that said "Please ensure Stream is logged in and running" what do i do to fix it and what is Stream
Edit: not getting message naymore but tmodloader isnt able to find mods

Last edited:
Hello, i have a problem when install tmodloader in my terraria 1.3.5.3, it iniciates but in 2 seconds it closes, i've looked at, documents/ My Games/ Terraria/ Modloader/ Logs/ client.log and it say ([Hour] [1/FATAL] [tML]: Steam API hash mismatch, assumed pirated). The Game normally starts but with modloader shutdown, i don't have a steam version of terraria but i need install mods, i hope you help me pls, pd: sorry for my english not is my natal language.

Last edited:
Hi, no matter what I do, tmodloader will not remember my fullscreen resolution in terraria. Every time I relaunch, it is at the default lowest resolution, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to change all my resolution related settings back to normal. Every other setting saves except anything under Video. Thanks.

The profile in the ModLoader folder seems to change every time I quit the game while it changes the data correctly if the game is running. I don't know why it does this on its own, I just want it to remember my settings and not adjust it to my native resolution, nor the lowest one. Because it fails to do that.

Hi, no matter what I do, tmodloader will not remember my fullscreen resolution in terraria. Every time I relaunch, it is at the default lowest resolution, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to change all my resolution related settings back to normal. Every other setting saves except anything under Video. Thanks.

The profile in the ModLoader folder seems to change every time I quit the game while it changes the data correctly if the game is running. I don't know why it does this on its own, I just want it to remember my settings and not adjust it to my native resolution, nor the lowest one. Because it fails to do that.
You could try changing the resolution directly in the config.json (Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader) and then set the file read-only.

You could try changing the resolution directly in the config.json (Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader) and then set the file read-only.
Thanks. I will try this. Hopefully this wont cause any errors. I really don't know why it insists on modifying my resolution the way it does.

EDIT: Unfortunately this didn't work. It will still switch my resolution to max or minimum without my doing so. It seems to be a problem with tmodloader itself, as it never behaved this way in vanilla

In fact, this made me crash :( was hoping it would work

Can someone help me figure out what is causing my de-sync issues. I'm not talking about enemies teleporting but rather players teleporting to me for a couple of seconds before the server realizes that the player is on the other size of the map. On their end the player doesn't notice it and seems like it never happened but on my end the server thinks they are right next to me. An example of the server thinking that they are right next to me is if the player de-ysnc to me while I'm standing on a teleported they will be teleported with me. I'm the one hosting the server from a Ubuntu hyper-v VM that is running on the machine that I am also playing on.

When i try to enable dev mode it tells me to download the mod compile folder. I keep trying but it just says "Extra libraries are required to build mods. (Modcompile folder missing)"

When i try to enable dev mode it tells me to download the mod compile folder. I keep trying but it just says "Extra libraries are required to build mods. (Modcompile folder missing)"
if you are on mac or linux, you need to do to the modcompile folder and unzip the zip that was downloaded manually, because of a bug.

I have a question:
I want to setup a tmodloader dedicated server on linux and I want to load a modpack on the server. I put the modpack file in the mods/ModPacks folder but the server doesn't download the mods or anything.
Now, is this possible that way, or do I have to downlöoad them all manually?
And do the mods get automatically get downloaded from the server is a player jjoins?

I have a question:
I want to setup a tmodloader dedicated server on linux and I want to load a modpack on the server. I put the modpack file in the mods/ModPacks folder but the server doesn't download the mods or anything.
Now, is this possible that way, or do I have to downlöoad them all manually?
And do the mods get automatically get downloaded from the server is a player jjoins?
You would need to download the mods on the server or upload the mods to the server, the modpack won't automatically download anything.

When a client joins a server, all the mods from the server are synced.

You would need to download the mods on the server or upload the mods to the server, the modpack won't automatically download anything.

When a client joins a server, all the mods from the server are synced.

Thanks for clearing that up, but only the necessary mods are synced and not the client only mods i still put in the folder. do I have to send the modpack manually to all the other users then?

err... so I've been trying to revert to vanilla, but... I'm not exactly sure what files I have to delete. There's Terraria.exe and FNa, but there is also a bunch of other things. what do I delete? keep in mind that I plan on switching from vanilla to modded and back from time to time, so is there also a way to have a vanilla version and a modded version that you can choose from when you launch the game? you know kinda like those "play X / play Y" options you have when there are beta branches in games

err... so I've been trying to revert to vanilla, but... I'm not exactly sure what files I have to delete. There's Terraria.exe and FNa, but there is also a bunch of other things. what do I delete? keep in mind that I plan on switching from vanilla to modded and back from time to time, so is there also a way to have a vanilla version and a modded version that you can choose from when you launch the game? you know kinda like those "play X / play Y" options you have when there are beta branches in games

You don’t have to delete any files. When you install TModLoader, you’ll get a new .exe file that you open when you want to play with mods. I don’t know if you did this but you should have renamed the vanilla Terraria .exe file to something else, because if you want to play vanilla again you have to click on that file. If you deleted that file you may have to reinstall Terraria or validate files or something.

Hello,
does anybody know how I can animate a Tile with a lot of frames?
Normal animation does not work because the sprite has a size of 36 x 23616 pixels which exceeds the sprite limit.

You don’t have to delete any files. When you install TModLoader, you’ll get a new .exe file that you open when you want to play with mods. I don’t know if you did this but you should have renamed the vanilla Terraria .exe file to something else, because if you want to play vanilla again you have to click on that file. If you deleted that file you may have to reinstall Terraria or validate files or something.
first of all, thanks for the tip, but now there's another issue: it seems that my vanilla game is stuck at version 1.3.5.3, and it won't update. Now what?

Back
Top Bottom