tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

TheBestPortato24 said:
Hey, anyone else know how to get the rainbow trails like on the Meowmere?
You should ether look at the games source code, just clone it or get one or find two kind good modders.

Code:
float Re = (float)Main.DiscoR / 255f;
float Gr = (float)Main.DiscoG / 255f;
float Bu = (float)Main.DiscoB / 255f;
Re = (0.5f + Re) / 2f;
Gr = (0.5f + Gr) / 2f;
Bu = (0.5f + Bu) / 2f;
Lighting.AddLight(projectile.Center, Re, Gr, Bu);

Yes there is rainbow lighting. for some reason

Code:
            int num3;
            for (int num318 = 0; num318 < projectile.oldPos.Length; num318 = num3 + 1)
            {
                if (!(projectile.oldPos[num318] == Vector2.Zero))
                {
                    int num319 = Dust.NewDust(projectile.oldPos[num318] + value13, 0, 0, 66, 0f, 0f, 150, Color.Transparent, 0.7f);
                    Main.dust[num319].color = Main.hslToRgb(Main.rand.NextFloat(), 1f, 0.5f);
                    Main.dust[num319].noGravity = true;
                }
                num3 = num318;
            }
should work but i'm not testing it. put it in wherever you put dust.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm basically new to the whole Terraria community. and well i have a problem or error with the calamity mod. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but the problem is that the lore items from the calamity mod are showing as unloaded items. I think its only the lore items you get after defeating bosses that are unloaded. This happened after I updated Overhaul and Tmodloader, but I only went into my world after updating both, so im not sure which update caused it. Its hard to remember the exact details of what happened but I do need help. I tried disabling all the mods I have in the mods list (Calamity, Thorium, Recipe Browser, Calamity music, and Overhaul) and re enabling them, but that didnt work. As of now all my mods are fully updated along with terraria itself im pretty sure, but The lore items are still unloaded. Does anyone have a solution? I have found no solutions online so Im posting here

i've installed tModLoader, but there's no source folder on my pc, how i do to solve it ???
i would be happy if someone can help me.

Attachments

• abc3.png
    abc3.png
    86 KB · Views: 139
  • abc2.png
    abc2.png
    121 KB · Views: 132
  • abc1.png
    abc1.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 200
Im getting this error and i cant seem to fix it:

[20/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading ThoriumMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Does anyone else know how to?

Right, what the hell is this?
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'bool' and 'Rain[]'
error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'

All I did was use the Main.rain bool like I was using all the other bools, then this.

Right, what the hell is this?
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Rain[]' and 'bool'
error CS0019: Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'bool' and 'Rain[]'

All I did was use the Main.rain bool like I was using all the other bools, then this.
Main.rain is not a bool, rather it's an array of the individual raindrops (or rainlines, more accurately). To check if it's raining, use Main.raining.

So the people from discord told me that this feature is set to default in 0.11.+ so this is pretty much solved xD. Sorry for this dumb question <3

Hello, can anybody help me to properly setup Visual Studio Community 2019 to work with Terraria?

I have everything ready and up, but i don't know how to setup te Edit and Continue feature.

-eac $(TargetPath)

TargetPath needs to be an especific path? or it's meant to be pasted just like that. Also where do i paste that command?

Should i paste here?
1573578649603.png

Or here? (Build Events tab btw)
1573578497950.png

I've tried everything and can't edit in-game values. Please help :<

Last edited:
Whenever i try to open the Mod Browser in v0.11.5 it crashes with this crash log:

EDIT: All I had to do was click cancel as the mods were loading in and update the Mod Helpers mod which, I now realise, was causing the problem.

1573600394643.png

anyone know a fix or should i just reinstall terraria?

Last edited:
Hey! I'm newish to modding, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have two questions. First, I have an accessory (Yes, Kinkyboots) whose effect should be to have a small chance to confuse the enemy upon hit. I'm trying to make it work, as you can see here:

C#:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using static Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent;

namespace Flummox.Items
{
    public class kinkyboots : ModItem
    {
        public override void SetStaticDefaults()
        {
            DisplayName.SetDefault("Kinkyboots");
            Tooltip.SetDefault("Attacks have a small chance to confuse enemies");
        }
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.width = 26;
            item.height = 28;
            item.value = 10;
            item.rare = 2;
            item.accessory = true;
        }
        public override void AddRecipes()
        {
            ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
            recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.SpiderFang, 10);
            recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.Silk, 10);
            recipe.AddTile(TileID.WorkBenches);
            recipe.SetResult(this);
            recipe.AddRecipe();
        }

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
        {
            public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockBack, bool crit)
            {
                target.AddBuff(BuffID.Confused, 240)
            }
        }
    }
}

I've tried putting the OnHitNPC method outside of the UpdateAccessory method but it just does nothing, and when I put it inside the UpdateAccessory method, it gives me this log:

[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Reading properties: Flummox
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Building: Flummox
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Compilation finished with 2 errors and 0 warnings
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(42,0) : error CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll failed with 2 errors and C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected warnings
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.BuildException: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll failed with 2 errors and C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected warnings
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, String outputPath, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildModForPlatform(BuildingMod mod, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildAll()
en Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIBuildMod.<>c.<BuildAll>b__6_0(ModCompile mc)
en Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIBuildMod.BuildMod(Action`1 buildAction, Boolean reload)
[23:08:02] [1/DEBUG] [Terraria]: Device Reset, Profile: HiDef, Width: 1920, Height: 1080, Fullscreen: True, Display: \\.\DISPLAY1
[23:08:06] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log"

So my first question is how the heck would I make that work.

My second question is a bit more complicated and I have no clue how to implement it: I have a staff, and I want it to fire three projectiles, one after the other, on a straight line. I've been looking up tutorials on the Internet and I've found a way to make it fire three projectiles at the same time, spreading out:

C#:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Flummox.Dusts;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using System.Threading;

namespace Flummox.Items
{
    public class antiqueMicrophone : ModItem
    {
        {
            DisplayName.SetDefault("Antique Microphone");
            Tooltip.SetDefault("Perfect for singing old-timey songs!");
            Item.staff[item.type] = true;
        }
        {      
            item.damage = 34;                        
            item.magic = true;                     //this make the item do magic damage
            item.width = 58;
            item.height = 58;
            item.useTime = 30;
            item.useAnimation = 30;
            item.useStyle = 5;        //this is how the item is holded
            item.noMelee = true;
            item.knockBack = 2;        
            item.value = 1000;
            item.rare = 6;
            item.mana = 5;             //mana use
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item21;            //this is the sound when you use the item
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType ("alastorBlast");  //this make the item shoot your projectile
            item.shootSpeed = 8f;    //projectile speed when shoot
        }
        public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)
        {
              float numberProjectiles = 3; // This defines how many projectiles to shot
              float rotation = MathHelper.ToRadians(45);
              position += Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 45f; //this defines the distance of the projectiles form the player when the projectile spawns
              for (int i = 0; i < numberProjectiles; i++)
              {
                  Vector2 perturbedSpeed = new Vector2(speedX, speedY).RotatedBy(MathHelper.Lerp(-rotation, rotation, i / (numberProjectiles - 1))) * .4f; // This defines the projectile roatation and speed. .4f == projectile speed
                  Projectile.NewProjectile(position.X, position.Y, perturbedSpeed.X, perturbedSpeed.Y, type, damage, knockBack, player.whoAmI);
              }
              return false;
        }
    }
}

I guess it didn't help that the tutorial wasn't much of a tutorial at all, and the guy didn't explain what he was doing at all. I have zero clue what most of the code or the arguments do. If y'all could help me with any of my problems, even a tiny bit, I would very much appreciate it!

Hey! I'm newish to modding, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have two questions. First, I have an accessory (Yes, Kinkyboots) whose effect should be to have a small chance to confuse the enemy upon hit. I'm trying to make it work, as you can see here:

C#:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace Flummox.Items
{
    {
        {
        }
        {
            item.width = 26;
            item.height = 28;
            item.value = 10;
            item.rare = 2;
            item.accessory = true;
        }
        {
            recipe.SetResult(this);
            recipe.AddRecipe();
        }

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
        {
            public override void OnHitNPC(Player player, NPC target, int damage, float knockBack, bool crit)
            {
                target.AddBuff(BuffID.Confused, 240)
            }
        }
    }
}

I've tried putting the OnHitNPC method outside of the UpdateAccessory method but it just does nothing, and when I put it inside the UpdateAccessory method, it gives me this log:

[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Reading properties: Flummox
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Building: Flummox
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll
[23:07:57] [39/INFO] [tML]: Compilation finished with 2 errors and 0 warnings
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(42,0) : error CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
[23:07:57] [39/ERROR] [tML]: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll failed with 2 errors and C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected warnings
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.BuildException: Compiling Flummox.XNA.dll failed with 2 errors and C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Flummox\Items\kinkyboots.cs(35,9) : error CS1513: } expected warnings
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, String outputPath, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildModForPlatform(BuildingMod mod, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod)
en Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildAll()
en Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIBuildMod.<>c.<BuildAll>b__6_0(ModCompile mc)
en Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIBuildMod.BuildMod(Action`1 buildAction, Boolean reload)
[23:08:02] [1/DEBUG] [Terraria]: Device Reset, Profile: HiDef, Width: 1920, Height: 1080, Fullscreen: True, Display: \\.\DISPLAY1
[23:08:06] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "C:\Users\Diego Tapia\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log"

So my first question is how the heck would I make that work.

My second question is a bit more complicated and I have no clue how to implement it: I have a staff, and I want it to fire three projectiles, one after the other, on a straight line. I've been looking up tutorials on the Internet and I've found a way to make it fire three projectiles at the same time, spreading out:

C#:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Flummox.Dusts;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using System.Threading;

namespace Flummox.Items
{
    public class antiqueMicrophone : ModItem
    {
        {
            DisplayName.SetDefault("Antique Microphone");
            Tooltip.SetDefault("Perfect for singing old-timey songs!");
            Item.staff[item.type] = true;
        }
        {     
            item.damage = 34;                       
            item.magic = true;                     //this make the item do magic damage
            item.width = 58;
            item.height = 58;
            item.useTime = 30;
            item.useAnimation = 30;
            item.useStyle = 5;        //this is how the item is holded
            item.noMelee = true;
            item.knockBack = 2;       
            item.value = 1000;
            item.rare = 6;
            item.mana = 5;             //mana use
            item.UseSound = SoundID.Item21;            //this is the sound when you use the item
            item.autoReuse = true;
            item.shoot = mod.ProjectileType ("alastorBlast");  //this make the item shoot your projectile
            item.shootSpeed = 8f;    //projectile speed when shoot
        }
        public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)
        {
              float numberProjectiles = 3; // This defines how many projectiles to shot
              float rotation = MathHelper.ToRadians(45);
              position += Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 45f; //this defines the distance of the projectiles form the player when the projectile spawns
              for (int i = 0; i < numberProjectiles; i++)
              {
                  Vector2 perturbedSpeed = new Vector2(speedX, speedY).RotatedBy(MathHelper.Lerp(-rotation, rotation, i / (numberProjectiles - 1))) * .4f; // This defines the projectile roatation and speed. .4f == projectile speed
                  Projectile.NewProjectile(position.X, position.Y, perturbedSpeed.X, perturbedSpeed.Y, type, damage, knockBack, player.whoAmI);
              }
              return false;
        }
    }
}

I guess it didn't help that the tutorial wasn't much of a tutorial at all, and the guy didn't explain what he was doing at all. I have zero clue what most of the code or the arguments do. If y'all could help me with any of my problems, even a tiny bit, I would very much appreciate it!

First things first, for accessories you should always make them set a player value when equipped, create a new class and name it something like PlayerMod
Here is an example

C#:
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace ShinkunsAccessories
{
    public class PlayerEditMod : ModPlayer
    {
        public bool KinkyBoots;

{
            if(KinkyBoots) 
            {
                 target.AddBuff(BuffID.Confused, 240);
            }
        }
    }
}

then in your item class make the UpdateEquip event set this boolean to true, so that when the item is equipped the player value will be true, which will execute the code after "if(KinkyBoots)" because that boolean will be true.
So your accessory will look like this:

Code:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace Flummox.Items
{
    {
        {
        }
        {
            item.width = 26;
            item.height = 28;
            item.value = 10;
            item.rare = 2;
            item.accessory = true;
        }
        {
            recipe.SetResult(this);
            recipe.AddRecipe();
        }

public override void UpdateEquip(Player player)
        {
            Player.getModPlayer<PlayerEditMod>().KinkyBoots = true;
        }

}
}

where <PlayerEditMod> is the name of your class that extends ModPlayer

reason your original code doesn't work: you can't override an event inside of a method that overrides another event.

As for the projectile I don't really have much experience with that, but since you're using a for loop to spawn them you could use int i to change the angle slightly so that the first fires a bit down from straight when i = 0, the second projectile fires straight when i = 1 and the last one slightly up when i = 2

You'll have to do some math or clever coding there
hope that helps ^^

In NPC I'm assuming
Boss1 = eye of cthulu
Boss2 = eater of worlds/brain of cthulu
Boss3 = skeletron

and MechBoss 1 through 3 are those same ones but their mechanical form? 2 always being destroyer of worlds
Is that right?

There is a mod that can move stuff to chests and whatnot that I wanted to try.

But the mod seemly loads on Windows, but not on Linux, the author said that is because tModLoader do some compatibility shenanigans with mods compiled with old version, and it must be working on Windows and not on Linux...

Can I get more info on that?

I need a little help.
enemies I create do much more damage with projectiles than with contact, even though I use npc.damage as the damage value for the projectile, and this problem is amplified in expert mode, effectively making projectiles that one shot the player. what gives?
C#:
private void shoot()
{
    int type = mod.ProjectileType("projectile");
    Vector2 velocity = player.Center - npc.Center;
    Vector2 shootFrom = new Vector2(npc.position.X + 24, npc.position.Y + 24);
    Projectile.NewProjectile(shootFrom, velocity, type, npc.damage, 0.0f);
}

I keep getting this and dont know what to do, can someone help me?

The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

I have been trying to download the latest version of Calamity but it just gets stuck at a full progress bar.

tModLoader version: v0.11.5
Terraria version: 1.3.5.2

Screenshot (1425).png

Edit: I somehow managed to download it again.

Last edited:
Hiiii I have this problem... When I've downloaded the lastest modloader I get this Error

System.Threading. SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean crateFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSetting()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(BooleanuseBlockingRun)
at Terraia.Program.LaunchGame_()

I'm not sure as to what that meannnsssssss, BUT i thought it was the same problem as last time, You know the windows defender, So i've allowed it through it.. and i still get the same message.. I could really use some help because the old one was working fine until i saw an update and i updated it and then it give the Error, i thought there was something wrong with the file, So i tried to go back to the 11.4 one and it won't even work anymore. Please help ^^

UPDATE: I was able to fix it.. took me a while but i fixed it. so what i did is deleted all the files/folders..
all from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
C:\Users\azure\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Terraria ( You can save your player and world in a different folder)
Uninstalled from Steam, then reinstalled..
Ohhh and i turned off my Threats & Virus Protection Real time protection.

Last edited:
So i have an issue where this pops up but as you can see on the left those files are there and with the installer. can you possibly help?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    455.1 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom