tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

How does one get the ID of his own custom item(s)? so it can be used in an "If" statement - much like the regular item types/IDs, for example: this.type == 12345
EDIT:
*sigh*
I'll be damned, wasted a lot of time trying to figure how to do so, went here to ask for help and a few moments after I have finally realized how:
C#:
item.type == mod.ItemType("ModItemName"))

Last edited:
I know this is probably really simple, but how do you modify the duration of vanilla buffs? E.g. making crystal ball's clairvoyance buff last an hour.

Help! After updating tmodloader, I wanted to play and, for some reason, the game crashes when the world finishes loading, I checked the mods that I had enabled and my mouse inputs began to be delayed a lot and I could not enable or disable some mods. This has never happened to me and my laptop could run the game with the highest graphics without any problem a few minutes ago.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I reinstalled the previous version and all the mods I had were no longer in the folder, so I went to download the ones I had and for some reason I didn't find Calamity or Thorium in the browser even if I looked for the names.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm having big troubles with acutally running the game for longer than a few minutes before my game freezes and eventually quits, with this info box popping up. I've tried changing supports 4k to false and I've also tried running the game in my computers intergrated graphics, (my CPU's graphics, an Intel 6600K CPU so the quality is good). My GPU is a GeForce GTX 970 card, so it shouldn't be a hardware problem since my hardware is good. Could really use the help, thanks!
20191230_135917.jpg

всем привет. я так понял, tmodloader версии 0.11.x.x не работают на пиратский версиях террарии? верно?
Hello. I understand that tmodloader version 0.11.x.x does not work on pirated versions of terraria? right?

and even no crack? Any way to run on the pirated version?
TML requires the steam version of the game, and that version is impossible to pirate because it's constantly checking that you are logged into a relevant steam account with terraria on it. Just buy the game, it's extremely cheap.

The game isn't letting me access worlds, every time I load a world (new or otherwise) it closes Terraria with this window:
1578202963809.png

Does anyone have a solution or anyway to at least explain it so I understand what any of it means lol? Thank you if you can.

Can someone help me, i updated tModloader manually to the new vertion, (im on Mac) and now when i try to enter in a world it says this

Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin (SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix) [0x00008] in FNA.dll
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin () [0x0001c] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main.RenderBlack () [0x00040] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles () [0x00008] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (GameTime gameTime) [0x00b70] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.Draw (GameTime gameTime) [0x0001c] in tModLoader.exe

Can someone help me, i updated tModloader manually to the new vertion, (im on Mac) and now when i try to enter in a world it says this

Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin (SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix) [0x00008] in FNA.dll
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin () [0x0001c] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main.RenderBlack () [0x00040] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles () [0x00008] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (GameTime gameTime) [0x00b70] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.Draw (GameTime gameTime) [0x0001c] in tModLoader.exe
Ya know the game file where all options are saved? Delete it

Back
Top Bottom