tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

help:
1589306436770.png
I am trying to make a headpiece and this always appears.

Do I need to remove tModLoader if I want to play the with the new 1.4 update? If so, how do I remove it?
I apologize if these questions have been asked before and I'm repeating them. Thank you for your responses in advance.

Im making a magic weapon and the projectile wont show up i have the .cs and .png files for both the staff and the projectile.
It wont fire anything no error no nothin'

Do I need to remove tModLoader if I want to play the with the new 1.4 update? If so, how do I remove it?
I apologize if these questions have been asked before and I'm repeating them. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Nope, no need. You can just update Terraria, then install tModLoader on Steam (look for it in the store)

Im making a armor set and i want to have the set bonus be like the meteorite armor in that it effects a weapon.
i want to make it so it increases damage and knockback but im not sure how to code it in.

how do you do that?

Is there a way to make projectiles glow/not affected by light? I'm trying to make a weapon that shoots a beam like the Terra Blade and various other weapons.

Hey, I'm trying to host my own tMod server on a remote linux machine. But the latest tModLoader release on Github seems to only support 1.3.5.3. Is there a way to get a 1.4 version of tModLoader that isn't on steam?

Is there an easy way to make wings that have hover capability? this was probably asked many times already, I did not find any answers however.

The ExampleMod's ExampleWings do not have anything for a hover ability it seems...
I tried using CloneDefaults to get it from the Vortex Booster and override the rest with my own stats, but that replaced the texture of my wings?

Is there a simple piece of code one could use for that, or any other tutorials? would really appreciate help :D

@Jofairden

i was doing a vanilla expert playthrough (but i was using tmodloader) and at one point i opened a treasure bag and was like 'woah a new dev set!'

nah it was yours, didn't know tmodloader added them lol

also i have a question:

so as of 1.4, tmodloader is on steam. does that mean that if i install tmodloader it won't remove my unmodded characters? and they'll still be there instead of me having to uninstall tmodloader everytime i want to play on a nonmodded character?
(sorry about the confusion, i didn't really know how to explain it)

also i have a question:

so as of 1.4, tmodloader is on steam. does that mean that if i install tmodloader it won't remove my unmodded characters? and they'll still be there instead of me having to uninstall tmodloader everytime i want to play on a nonmodded character?
tModloader on Steam isn't like how we used to use tMod. It's a completely separate install to Terraria. Your 1.4 (unmodded) worlds and characters will be completely separate from the tMod ones.

also i have a question:

your unmodded chars will still be there.

Is TMod updated to 1.4 yet? I'd like to do a Journey Mode playthrough for Calamity. Actually, will that be possible? I don't really see why not, but there is a chance it won't be available.

Back
Top Bottom