tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

I've been playing tmodloader with my friends for about a week now, and noticed something strange. Certain modded enemys had there sprites swapped with other modded enemys. It almost made the game unplayable as i was locked behind a progression roadblock and had to get my friends to help. On multiplayer, on somebody elses server.

Edit: This is also happening with NPC, however its not the sprite thats swapped out, its the NPCs name, shop items, and sprite. Also my friends (Host and other memeber) see the NPCs just fine

So i got hijacked a while ago and just remembered about the server, but I don't know how to send an appeal for the server as I cant get in it. Can I get some help please?

So i got hijacked a while ago and just remembered about the server, but I don't know how to send an appeal for the server as I cant get in it. Can I get some help please?
Hi @Sekanii I moved your post into this TModLoader thread. I‘m not sure of the procedure to appeal a ban on the TML discord, but perhaps with your post here it can be seen by those who would know.

Last edited:
Hi, Ive been having an issue where tmodloader just wont download mods, whats the fix for this?

pic below, bar is stuck.

1634121279991.png

thanks for any help in advance!

274/5000

Well what I wanted to comment on is that I am having an error giving build + reload to my mod, for some reason I get an error and I am new to using TMod so I wanted to know if anyone has a solution. sorry for my bad english but i am using google translate.
Screenshot_2.png

Last edited:
I've been having trouble making a boss move at all and I used some code I found to see if anything works and I got the error message "error cs0103, name 'Config' not recognized in current context. I am wondering what I'm doing wrong

Code:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;

namespace TutorialMod.NPCs.Bosses
{
[AutoloadBossHead]
public class Godslayer : ModNPC
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("Godslayer");
Main.npcFrameCount[npc.type] = 1;
}
public override void SetDefaults()
{
npc.width = 50;
npc.height = 111;
npc.aiStyle = -1;
npc.damage = 200;
npc.defense = 0;
npc.lifeMax = 128000;
npc.HitSound = SoundID.NPCHit1;
npc.DeathSound = SoundID.NPCDeath2; // Get New Death Sound
npc.knockBackResist = 0f;
npc.boss = true;
npc.npcSlots = 100f;
npc.lavaImmune = true;
npc.noTileCollide = true;
npc.noGravity = true;
music = MusicID.Boss2; // Get boss music here
bossBag = mod.ItemType("GodslayerTreasureBag");
}
public override void ScaleExpertStats(int numPlayers, float bossLifeScale)
{
npc.lifeMax = (int)(npc.lifeMax * bossLifeScale);
npc.damage = (int)(npc.damage * 1.3f);
}
public void AI()
{
npc.TargetClosest(true);

if (npc.ai[1] == 0) // First AI
{
if (Main.player[npc.target].position.X < npc.position.X)
{
if (npc.velocity.X > -8) npc.velocity.X -= 0.22f;
}

if (Main.player[npc.target].position.X > npc.position.X)
{
if (npc.velocity.X < 8) npc.velocity.X += 0.22f;
}

if (Main.player[npc.target].position.Y < npc.position.Y + 300)
{
if (npc.velocity.Y < 0)
{
if (npc.velocity.Y > -4) npc.velocity.Y -= 0.7f;
}
else npc.velocity.Y -= 0.8f;
}

if (Main.player[npc.target].position.Y > npc.position.Y + 300)
{
if (npc.velocity.Y > 0)
{
if (npc.velocity.Y < 4) npc.velocity.Y += 0.7f;
}
else npc.velocity.Y += 0.8f;
}

npc.ai[0]++;

if (npc.ai[0] >= 90)
{
float Speed = 12f;
Vector2 vector8 = new Vector2(npc.position.X + (npc.width / 2), npc.position.Y + (npc.height / 2));
int damage = 30;
int type = Config.projectileID["Flame Shot"];
Main.PlaySound(2, (int)npc.position.X, (int)npc.position.Y, 17);
float rotation = (float)Math.Atan2(vector8.Y - (Main.player[npc.target].position.Y + (Main.player[npc.target].height * 0.5f)), vector8.X - (Main.player[npc.target].position.X + (Main.player[npc.target].width * 0.5f)));
int num54 = Projectile.NewProjectile(vector8.X, vector8.Y, (float)((Math.Cos(rotation) * Speed) * -1), (float)((Math.Sin(rotation) * Speed) * -1), type, damage, 0f, 0);
npc.ai[0] = 0;
}
}

if (npc.ai[1] == 1) // Second AI
{
// NPC AI HERE
}

npc.ai[2] += 1;
if (npc.ai[2] >= 600)
{
if (npc.ai[1] == 0) npc.ai[1] = 1;
else npc.ai[1] = 0;
}
}
}
}

Hi everyone. I am having a heck of a time here.
I'm trying to get TModloader to create a world, but every single time I get to the Bouldering the world, the 64-bit version of Tmodloader automatically explodes and crashes, and there is no log or any indication of what ever caused the problem.

Every single time. Without fail.
I really need help, because I have enough mods loaded that I need a way to search through and find it.
EDIT: I found it. Apparently Mod of Redemption is broken.

Last edited:
Hey, so I made a custom damage class for the dart types. I tried shooting one, and it works, but when I try changing the damage with an accessory it doesn't change it. Do I have to apply the damage class to the projectile too? And if so, how do I do that?

Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:
hello I have been getting this error while I try to use the cheat sheet mod, I try to use the schematics database the mod uses but this error occurs almost everytime, I tried uninstalling the mod and tmodloader itself but that only worked once and then nothing, I tried asking in the thread of that mod but the author of it can't help me with this problem because it seems it's a network problem so I don't know anywere else to ask about this, anyone else got a problem like this?

1642814878332.png

um, i tried to make some mods that broke terraria abit but this happened, can someone help me?
its a huge help if you do so.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    381.2 KB · Views: 143
When I run this mod I get "object reference not set to an instance of an object" if you can help me please do thanks.

using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace testMod.items
{
public class SuperBow : ModItem
{
public override void AutoStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("SuperBow");
Tooltip.SetDefault("Super Good!");
}

public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.damage = 100000;
//item.ranged = true;
item.width = 32;
item.height = 54;
item.useTime = 20;
item.useAnimation = 20;
item.useStyle = 5;
item.noMelee = true;
item.knockBack = 4;
item.value = 10000;
item.rare = 2;
item.UseSound = SoundID.Item1;
item.autoReuse = true;
item.shoot = 10;
item.shootSpeed = 16f;
item.useAmmo = ProjectileID.WoodenArrowFriendly;
}

public override void AddRecipes()
{
ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DirtBlock, 10);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();
}
}
}

tModLoader doesn't work for me whatsoever, and none of the fixes I've followed seem to fix it.

I'm trying to download Calamity, both without and with music, but whenever I click the download for either option, the empty loading bar appears for a split second, and then I get put back onto the Mod Browser. The mods won't download. The rest of tModLoader works perfectly fine, it's literally just the Mod Browser that won't work.

I'm using a MacBook os High Sierra on Version 10.13.6, using tModLoader v0.11.8.6 for Terraria v1.3.5.3

I've checked to make sure the tModLoader files are on my computer, and they are. The Mods folder is right where it should be, and is empty.
I've tried using the tModLoader Mod Browser Mirror, but the site won't open and gets stuck trying too. This is true on both Safari and Chrome.
Turning on Experimental Features doesn't change anything, let alone fix it.

I've posted a separate forum asking about just having someone provide the files for the Calamity Mod because it seems like it'll work if I do it manually, but I'd prefer to also just have the site work in the future so I won't have to come here and ask for mod files every time I want/need them.

Back
Top Bottom