Okay, so I might be addicted to Terraria.

adalialives

Terrarian
Hey, everyone! I'm Leezy. Just thought I'd drop in here and introduce myself. I got Terraria about two weeks ago while it was on sale because I'd seen it come up on my boyfriend's laptop while fixing the disaster he'd made of it (three years, this dude had a rootkit in his system, and he just ignored it) and he had said it was like Minecraft, so when I saw it on sale for a few dollars, I figured I'd try it.

Fast forward two weeks later and here I am, about to start the midgame of hardmode with 164 hours logged, two sets of wings, all of the hardmode melee armor before Hallowed, and I just finished my Ankh Shield. I spent about a week getting four hours of sleep a day... And the bae's over there, like "wait, there's a hardmode?"

I'd really like to find some people who are at about the same level I am to help me with bosses in the future. I'm one of those people who charges in screaming, waving their sword, and gets their face ripped off in ten seconds or less, unless the boss dies first. Which happened with Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh, but I tried a few of the Hardmode bosses, and let's just say they all still have their metal faces at the moment.

But, more importantly than that, I'd like to make some new friends! I'm 23, female, and not interested in your free items or your "friendship" while you pray senpai will notice you and break up with her boyfriend for you, so if you were thinking that, stop right there. If you weren't thinking that, introduce yourself! Tell me what sort of person you are! I like Doctor Who and Legend of Zelda, as you can tell by my Social equipment. I also like terrible emo and pop punk music, but hey, it could be worse, I could like hair metal or something absolutely atrocious like that. I'm brutally honest, cocky, and curse like a :red:ing sailor, though I tried to keep it clean for my intro. And, as long as you don't whine and act like an idiot, I'm always willing to give advice and help anyone I can. If you're early-ish in the game and want to find your Floating Islands, let me know. I'm a pro by now. I had to spawn three worlds to get enough balloons for a Bundle (and let's not talk about how many I went through to get the Sandstorm for it).

Welcome, also, you think 164 hours is a lot?
I have 2158 hours... that doesn't even include the time i played it offline, on mobile, or with certain mods
and @Baih has...
11,475 hours
yes
you read it correctly

Welcome, also, you think 164 hours is a lot?
I have 2158 hours... that doesn't even include the time i played it offline, on mobile, or with certain mods
and @Baih has...
11,475 hours
yes
you read it correctly

It's a lot for only having had it for two weeks. 336 hours in two weeks, that means I've spent more than eight hours a day on average on that :red:, and I was AFK a few times, but... Not much.

Can anyone point me towards an admin who can change my birthday? I typed in the wrong damn month.

I... I like metal...;(
But I also like LoZ, so it's all good. I can give you Terraria tips, but my strategy involves brute force and power in numbers. There are tons of people here with elaborate strategies and arenas that you can learn from.

Well, I would like to wish you luck, because it only gets more difficult from here.

Welcome! Anyway, my strategy for the Twins is to build a giant sky bridge with heart lanterns and campfires, then get a clockwork assault rifle and shoot. Run away while shooting. Also, make sure you have wings so you can dodge in their second stages and turn around when the sky bridge ends and Frostspark/ previous boots so you can run quickly. For Skeletron Prime, all you need is the Megashark, Frost Armor, and good wings. Make sure you have a few stacks of bullets, and you'll generally be fine. I don't have any advice for the Destroyer.

I... I like metal...;(
But I also like LoZ, so it's all good. I can give you Terraria tips, but my strategy involves brute force and power in numbers. There are tons of people here with elaborate strategies and arenas that you can learn from.
I imagine you would with a Bisharp username. That's me, too, but I insist on trying to solo it. Genius, really. If I were a character in some kind of story, I'd be the first one to die.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425829231][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, I would like to wish you luck, because it only gets more difficult from here.
Yeah, I kind of scoffed at the idea that hardmode was actually hard and then unicorns opened a whole new world to me - the inside of my ribcage. Thanks unicorns. Good looking out, I'm open-minded and open-hearted now. I take great relish in slaughtering them with impunity and spiders now.

Bisharp's personality doesn't represent my IRL personality at all, that's why I put Quiet. As a nature for Bisharp, it's useless, and I'm quiet myself.

Regarding Terraria and stuff, a Megashark will never fail you, and dodging can win any battle for you, solo or not. But The Twins' Cursed Flame is insane to dodge, that's what I've experienced. A piercing weapon eats of The Destoyer, too.

Cool avatar pic. :merchantsmile:

Welcome to the forums. We're all addicted, or we wouldn't be here. Loved the intro message. You didn't mention what platform you were on though! PC? Console? Mobile?

Welcome! Anyway, my strategy for the Twins is to build a giant sky bridge with heart lanterns and campfires, then get a clockwork assault rifle and shoot. Run away while shooting. Also, make sure you have wings so you can dodge in their second stages and turn around when the sky bridge ends and Frostspark/ previous boots so you can run quickly. For Skeletron Prime, all you need is the Megashark, Frost Armor, and good wings. Make sure you have a few stacks of bullets, and you'll generally be fine. I don't have any advice for the Destroyer.

I have Harpy wings (which are like, somewhere in the range of 65%, I'd say, if I'm remembering correctly?) and Lightning Boots. I tend to use mostly melee and magic, I'm absolute :red: at guns, but I saw some people say that Crystal Shard and Cursed Flame do really well against the Twins and I have both, and then to craft the Harp to :red: the Destroyer's :red: up. I was in the midst of building my skybridge when things started happening, but I'm using essentially your strategy but with Gravitation Potion for extra maneuvering power so I can concentrate on aiming. My aim is so terrible. It's why I melee and minion everything then spray what's still alive and about to kill me with magic books. They have an excellent spread and ricochet several times. Unfortunately, the only piercing weapon I have right now is Poison Staff, which eats mana, and the Tao of Pow. So I have to take the Twins out first and get the Harp. And yeah, I'm not worried about Skeletron Prime when I actually have usable weapons and armor.

Bisharp's personality doesn't represent my IRL personality at all, that's why I put Quiet. As a nature for Bisharp, it's useless, and I'm quiet myself.

Regarding Terraria and stuff, a Megashark will never fail you, and dodging can win any battle for you, solo or not. But The Twins' Cursed Flame is insane to dodge, that's what I've experienced. A piercing weapon eats of The Destoyer, too.
It really is. Bisharp in general is easy to outclass, the poor thing. It looks so cool, and bites the dust so hard against the right opponent.

Working on getting the Megashark but I just dislike guns so much. I don't really have much problem dodging the flames, actually. They're slow enough that with wings, Gravitation Potion, Bundle of Balloons and Lightning Boots, it's child's play for me. It's those damn lasers that get me, and I just can't do enough damage. I can make it through half the night without needing to use Healing Potions, but the damage is just negligible.

Cool avatar pic. :merchantsmile:

Welcome to the forums. We're all addicted, or we wouldn't be here. Loved the intro message. You didn't mention what platform you were on though! PC? Console? Mobile?
PC, and thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1425830346][/DOUBLEPOST]
I... I like metal...;(
I just got this part - I said hair metal, not metal. Metal's slightly less embarrassing than emo. It's the hair metal that's embarrassing.

It really is. Bisharp in general is easy to outclass, the poor thing. It looks so cool, and bites the dust so hard against the right opponent.

Working on getting the Megashark but I just dislike guns so much. I don't really have much problem dodging the flames, actually. They're slow enough that with wings, Gravitation Potion, Bundle of Balloons and Lightning Boots, it's child's play for me. It's those damn lasers that get me, and I just can't do enough damage. I can make it through half the night without needing to use Healing Potions, but the damage is just negligible.

PC, and thanks!
You do Pokémon? I've made it a goal to friend all Pokémon fans on here.

What do you mean though? I listen to classic rock, which generally includes hair bands like Twisted Sister, etc.

You do Pokémon? I've made it a goal to friend all Pokémon fans on here.
I was working on helping my friend with her Dex while crafting a team to support Aegislash since it's not officially banned, and then I got distracted trying to catch a shiny Harvest Phantump for a week with chaining before I got annoyed and gave up. I found a shiny Taillow, a shiny Paras - but despite chaining Phantump for days, nothing. And then I got distracted. By what, I can't remember. I should go back to that. Shiny Trevenant is a thing of beauty.

I was working on helping my friend with her Dex while crafting a team to support Aegislash since it's not officially banned, and then I got distracted trying to catch a shiny Harvest Phantump for a week with chaining before I got annoyed and gave up. I found a shiny Taillow, a shiny Paras - but despite chaining Phantump for days, nothing. And then I got distracted. By what, I can't remember. I should go back to that. Shiny Trevenant is a thing of beauty.
Finally, another shiny hunter! I do in fact have a shiny Phantump nicknamed Stump that I found randomly in the Friend Safari. I bred a shiny Bouffalant, Wurmple, Pumpkaboo, Solrock, found a shiny Bunnelby and Gurdurr, and Soft Reset for Regirock and Reshiram. I also have 9 boxes from GTS hunting and PSS bartering. (600 hours+ in generation 6). And I do EV train so I can hold my own in battle. Shiny Paras, eh? I'd be willing to trade for that.

I got almost 2,000 hours logged and while I usually build to my heart's content, I'm down for fighting everything and gathering stuff.

Back
Top Bottom