tAPI Okok111's 365 Mod

okok111

Terrarian
Hey all, as a new years thing I decided to make a mod which I'd add at least one thing to each day in order to improve my hideous art and C# skills.
This mod includes:
  • Weekly Release: 10 Materials, 8 Weapons, 2 Tiles, and 1 Set of Armour
  • Dev Release: 2 Materials, 2 Weapons, 2 Tiles, and 1 Set of Armour
Not nearly as horrible as it used to be \o/
More will be added every day, and probably more often than that, but every day is the minimum (With updates being released weekly). Here's the currently near empty list:
8lejthv.png
Tier One Arbitrary Essence: Made with three dirt blocks, two pieces of wood, and one stone block at a furnace. It's a material for all extremely low tier items, before ores are obtained.
K9AsEQy.png
Tier Two Arbitrary Essence: Made with two copper bars, two iron bars, and one silver bar at a furnace. It's a material for the "ore tier", which ranges from copper/tin through to gold/platinum.
Clear Orb: Made with 5 glass at a furnace, can be crafted into elemental orbs.
Elemental Orbs: Made with a clear orb and 10 T2AE at a workbench, can be mixed with a blank staff (and later wands, rods, and similar apparatus) at a workbench to make a magic staff.
Blank Staff: Made with 10 wood at a workbench, can be mixed with an elemental orb at a workbench to make a magic staff.
lb1Rv6w.png
Vermillion Blade: Made with a Wooden Sword and ten T1 Arbitrary Essence at a workbench, has a speed of "very fast" and has auto-swing but suffers from a lower damage (which makes it near worthless against anything which has eight or more defense and high enough health)
5 Damage, Very Fast speed, and weak knockback.
xF520p9.png
Vermillion Bow: Made with a Wooden Bow and ten T1AE at a workbench, has autofire and shoots like a freaking machine gun. However, it has no ammo reduction (good luck keeping your ammo reserves for more than a few seconds :p) and a slightly lower damage stat
z5VVkgV.png
FSZO5Qb.png
EP9NETn.png
Vermillion Armour: Has a total of one defense (AMAZING!), and is an upgrade of wooden armour. For each piece, you need ten T1AE and the respective piece of wooden armour at a workbench. The chestplate gives the red balloon jump effect, and the set bonus gives a whopping 1.5x move speed, as well as a permanent feather fall effect. Pretty much here for a fun little challenge, as it gives you a chance at killing most things without a point of damage if you're clever enough :p
Elemental Staves: Made with a blank staff and an elemental orb at a work bench, they come in six varieties (water, earth, lightning, fire, corruption, and crimson). Find out what they do for yourself (or read below, I don't really care)
Water: Like an endless water bolt. Lots of fun :D
Earth: Shoots a magic flying boulder. How it flies, nobody knows....
Lightning: Shoots a bunch of lightning bolts in a similar fashion to crystal storm.
Fire: Shoots a flame wheel which functions like a demon scythe without the pierce.
Corruption: Summons some weird eater of souls abomination. Enjoy XD
Crimson: Creeper boomerangs. The s at the end of boomerang is intended. Enjoy.
oTqmsz7.png
[BUGGED] Transmutation Table: Allows you to transmute materials of a tier to their counterpart using the AE of the previous tier. e.g 1 tin bar and 1 T1AE makes 1 copper bar at the transmutation table. Sadly, at the moment once you go near it tAPI seems to think that you're next to it for the rest of the game (try standing next to it with an iron bar, some T1AE then walking away and you'll see what I mean). It only works with metal bars, in the case that an ore is available. Can be made with one workbench and ten T1AE.
11JDvdy.png
[BUGGED] Decomposition Table: Allows you to more efficiently produce Arbitrary Essence, and also to make arbitrary essence of a higher tier than two. Made with one workbench and ten T2AE. Same issue as the transmutation table.
Download the release here, and the dev release here.
11/1/15:
+Added Demonite/Crimsonite and Shadow Scale/
10/1/15:
+Crimson Orb
+Crimson Sculpture Staff
9/1/15:
+Lightning Orb
+Lightning Gem Staff
8/1/15:
+Earth Orb
+Earth Gem Staff
7/1/15:
+Flame Orb
+Flame Gem Staff
6/1/15:
+Corrupt Orb
+Corrupt Sculpture Staff
5/1/15:
+Water Gem Staff
4/1/15:
+Blank Orb
+Blank Staff
+Water Orb
3/1/15 (current dev release):
+Decomposition Table
+T2AE
2/1/15:
+Transmutation Table (Slightly buggy, trying to figure out how to fix)
1/1/15:
+Vermillion Bow
+Vermillion Armour
1/1/15 (current full release):
+Tier One Arbitrary Essence
+Vermillion Blade

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but I hope by "One thing a day", you're not going to put up an update every day... it gets annoying updating mods. Would advise you just put on the thread what you're adding and release a new version every week.

Looks interesting, but I hope by "One thing a day", you're not going to put up an update every day... it gets annoying updating mods. Would advise you just put on the thread what you're adding and release a new version every week.
That's a really good idea, I'll just do that instead XD

If you really keep with your word, then this might become some really high-tiered stuff very, very quickly! Every other day sounds fine. :J

If you really keep with your word, then this might become some really high-tiered stuff very, very quickly! Every other day sounds fine. :J
Not necessarily. You should see Grox's grealms, he has a very large number of items and manages to spread it out across the game.

This looks like it would become a pain later on

Off topic, why did this appear in my alerts?
Oh, of course... SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS

EDIT: apparently it wasn't spooky scary skeletons, it was that i watched the mod thread...

Last edited:
Instead of just an arbitrary update a day which will lead to "angry square, ms paint meat cleaver, invisible sword" and so on, why not post an update whenever you have something you think meets your standards and then post how many days it took to make it and see if you can meet or beat those standards in the same or less time?

Instead of just an arbitrary update a day which will lead to "angry square, ms paint meat cleaver, invisible sword" and so on, why not post an update whenever you have something you think meets your standards and then post how many days it took to make it and see if you can meet or beat those standards in the same or less time?
I'm trying to avoid "angry square" sort of things, (unless you mean spriting quality in which case you're out of luck :p) and have a plan for the sort of content that'll be added for the next month or so, and by the time that's over I should be able to think up more. I'm also trying to work on my ability to work on a schedule, which is why I'm doing the daily thing. Thanks for the suggestion anyways though! :D

First Dev Release has been posted, it adds:
+Vermillion Bow
+Vermillion Armour (Temporary sprite, I'm currently trying to figure out how to make it look like an upgraded wooden armour while maintaining the vermillion theme)
+[BUGGED] Transmutation Table - doesn't realize that you've walked away from it, and I have no idea why :(
+[BUGGED] Decomposition Table - same deal over here :(
+T2AE

That's really amazing, reminds me of the Equivalent Exchange mod from Minecraft.
Thanks I guess XD I wouldn't relate it to EE as pahi and xeno are tons better than I am at code and spriting and stuff, but I appreciate the compliment :D

New weekly version released, with all of the staffs. Yes, they're only good for mobs at the moment, but there'll be a way of scaling them later. Enjoy :D

My computer's been evil for the last week or two, but I intend on making at least one item for each of those days I've missed. Hopefully there'll be a usable release for you guys soon enough :D

So I'm a horrible person, but I'm really struggling to get up to date with this due to limited time available. If anybody would like to do some spriting, that'd be awesome, and you would be credited properly (considering changing the name of the mod if this happens, because it'd be a bit stupid to act like only I've done anything towards it).
Once again, any help with spriting would be much appreciated. Please PM me if interested :D

So I'm a horrible person, but I'm really struggling to get up to date with this due to limited time available. If anybody would like to do some spriting, that'd be awesome, and you would be credited properly (considering changing the name of the mod if this happens, because it'd be a bit stupid to act like only I've done anything towards it).
Once again, any help with spriting would be much appreciated. Please PM me if interested :D
id love to help you...but ive never sprited before and im not much of an artist..nor do I really know how code works..all I can do is provide emotional support...like a cheerleader but better because im a wolf :cool:

Back
Top Bottom