Console Old "Cheats and Exploits" and New since last update

Zigan55

Terrarian
When I started playing terraria it was on Xbox One. I'm one of those guys that when I find a game I like I play through once with no outside assistance, i.e. youtube, friends, or guides. However, once I beat it once, I'm open to any cheats or exploits that make progression easier, but don't ruin overall gameplay. So no God Mode for me. It just isn't worth playing at this point.

That being said, since the update I've lost my favorite exploit for money/ore gathering. It used to be that I could equip either the Brick Layer or the Architect Gizmo Pack and pop a builder potion and use an infinite amount of whatever block I had on the Extractinator. I found this completely by accident. I just wanted to go through my supply as quickly as possible so I used every item i had available. Then i noticed my block count wasn't going down. Since then I had exploited that every time I played pre-hardmode. Get myself anywhere from 10-20 platinum coins and a full set of Platinum Armor and weapons and I was good to go. I'm very sad that's gone now as I've started totally from scratch since the update, and I miss never running out of money for things. It saved exploration time, and gathering time immensely.

Does anyone else have any "cheats" or exploits they've lost since an update? Are there any good ones that I just don't know about for console?

When I started playing terraria it was on Xbox One. I'm one of those guys that when I find a game I like I play through once with no outside assistance, i.e. youtube, friends, or guides. However, once I beat it once, I'm open to any cheats or exploits that make progression easier, but don't ruin overall gameplay. So no God Mode for me. It just isn't worth playing at this point.

That being said, since the update I've lost my favorite exploit for money/ore gathering. It used to be that I could equip either the Brick Layer or the Architect Gizmo Pack and pop a builder potion and use an infinite amount of whatever block I had on the Extractinator. I found this completely by accident. I just wanted to go through my supply as quickly as possible so I used every item i had available. Then i noticed my block count wasn't going down. Since then I had exploited that every time I played pre-hardmode. Get myself anywhere from 10-20 platinum coins and a full set of Platinum Armor and weapons and I was good to go. I'm very sad that's gone now as I've started totally from scratch since the update, and I miss never running out of money for things. It saved exploration time, and gathering time immensely.

Does anyone else have any "cheats" or exploits they've lost since an update? Are there any good ones that I just don't know about for console?
Well... There's the item frame duplication glitch on PC, and I assume it's on other consoles as well. I would tell you how to do it, but it's pretty complex and I can't remember all the steps.

RIP Spectre hood, that thing was just god mode before 1.3.

Well... There's the item frame duplication glitch on PC, and I assume it's on other consoles as well. I would tell you how to do it, but it's pretty complex and I can't remember all the steps.

RIP Spectre hood, that thing was just god mode before 1.3.
See I never had the chance to play before 1.3. I was introduced to Terraria on xbox one. I've played some of the mobile but just cant justify playing this type on a small screen and no buttons. Controls just ruin it for me. Would love to play on PC, if i still had one though. And the duplication glitch didn't work on console. At least the ones i found and tried.

See I never had the chance to play before 1.3. I was introduced to Terraria on xbox one. I've played some of the mobile but just cant justify playing this type on a small screen and no buttons. Controls just ruin it for me. Would love to play on PC, if i still had one though. And the duplication glitch didn't work on console. At least the ones i found and tried.
Xbox one had 1.2 on release last I checked :p.
Well, there is the old fashioned two-person duplication exploit that should work on everything. Put the item you want to duplicate in a chest. Start a server, have your guest take the item out of the chest, have them save and quit, and then hard close the server without saving. (make sure autosave is turned off or your data could get corrupted) The item should still be both in the chest and in your guest's inventory. This should work on all consoles (even 3DS lol), and on all items. (I've only been able to test on PC and 3DS.)

Xbox one had 1.2 on release last I checked :p.
Well, there is the old fashioned two-person duplication exploit that should work on everything. Put the item you want to duplicate in a chest. Start a server, have your guest take the item out of the chest, have them save and quit, and then hard close the server without saving. (make sure autosave is turned off or your data could get corrupted) The item should still be both in the chest and in your guest's inventory. This should work on all consoles (even 3DS lol), and on all items. (I've only been able to test on PC and 3DS.)
I'm not 100% on what version xbox one started on, but i do know that by the time i played it they had 1.3 already. I'm sure it does work, however i tend to play almost if not all my games alone, so I'm not too worried about it. Duplication never really mattered to me that much.

If you don't want to have two controllers, you can also turn auto save off, enter a world with a character that has the item(s) you want to duplicate already saved on it. Then, put the item(s) in a chest, hit save and quit. Completely close out of Terraria before it says 100% on "saving world blah blah" but make sure you let the first half get to 100%. (I don't remember what it is that saves first, but that needs to hit 100%, then world starts to save and that's when you exit.)

If you don't want to have two controllers, you can also turn auto save off, enter a world with a character that has the item(s) you want to duplicate already saved on it. Then, put the item(s) in a chest, hit save and quit. Completely close out of Terraria before it says 100% on "saving world blah blah" but make sure you let the first half get to 100%. (I don't remember what it is that saves first, but that needs to hit 100%, then world starts to save and that's when you exit.)
That has a chance of corrupting your world, I do not recommend it.

Last edited:
Waaay Back In The Pre-1.2 Days, You Could Place A Gold Chest On Active Stone Blocks, Put An Item In The Chest, Hook The Blocks Up To A Switch, And It Would Rain Chests When You Activate It. Good Times

That has a chance of corrupting your world, I do not recommend it.
Precicely what happened to me the first, yes the very first time i tried it that way. Wanted to duplicate Nebula/Stardust Fragments. Second playthrough on expert and just could not defeat Cultist. (Still wasn't very good at the game yet, and hadn't read into strategies or the proper equipment combos.) But my World that got corrupted was my Expert Playthrough right before LC. Tried the process, everything seemed fine until, it would only load to "Settling Liquids 83%" and then have a panic attack and spasm out like an epileptic at a rave party. ( I have friend this happened to once. I told her don't go bad idea, she said ill be fine ive always wanted to go to one, and she was rushed to the hospital 20 mins after arriving.) From then on she always listened when I gave her advice. Funny how that works. She's fine btw. She now works at a vet clinic 2 towns over from me. Specializing in Kitty Leukaemia.

Back
Top Bottom