Old-Gen Console Exclusives in Modern Terraria

Xemic

Official Terrarian
Hello.

I have worked on a texture pack that will turn some Modern Terraria gear into Old-Gen Console Exclusive gear. Please note that these sprites are the old sprites for the Old-Gen Console items.

Credit to Niker for helping me out with some of the armor sprites. Check him out: niker

OldConsolePacks.zip contains the old sprites of the Old-Gen Console exclusives.

NewConsolePacks.zip contains the new sprites of the Old-Gen Console exclusives.

Instructions:

1. Download 'OldConsolePacks.zip' and/or 'NewConsolePacks.zip' and insert them into the ResourcePacks folder.

2. Extract the files into the ResourcePacks folder and delete the Zip archives.

In order for the Dragon, Titan, and Spectral armor to function, you will have to insert them manually into 'ResourcePacks > ConsolePack > Content > Images', and select which one of the three you want to use.

Please read the 'ReadMe' text document for more information.

Updates:

Update 1.1: Hellwing Bow should now be the Sharanga, and the Hellwing Bat sprites should now appear to be the flare of a spectral arrow. Chlorophyte Claymore (Which is resprited to the Tizona), should now fire an orb that appears to be a pulsing Soul of Blight, and the Clorophyte Partisan (Which is repsrited to the Tonbogiri), should now fire a Soul of Blight projectile.

Update 1.2: Added an extra three files that contain the newer sprites of the Old-Gen Console exclusives. NewConsolePacks.zip and its armor components have the exact same function as the previous ones, the only difference are the new sprites.

Update 1.3: Fixed inventory sprites for old sprites, as they were extremely distorted and uneven.

Update 1.4: Green Thread has been changed to Purple Dye (Purple Thread on the NewConsole pack), and the old-gen exclusive Hero's Clothes and Plumber's Set have been added.

Update 1.5: Fixed Hero's Hat and Plumber Hat not working on the NewConsolePacks.zip folder, and Old-Gen Console exclusive pets have been implemented, and replaced the following objects:

Seaweed and Turtle pet has been converted into the Petri Dish and Slime pet.
Bamboo Leaf and Red Panda pet have been converted into the Cabbage and Guinea Pig pet.
Birdie Rattle and Lil' Harpy pet have been converted into the Vial of Blood and Bat pet.
Full Moon Squeaky Toy and Baby Werewolf pet have been converted into the Wolf Fang and Werewolf pet.
Bone Rattle and Baby Face Monster pet have been converted into the Brain and Zombie pet.
Nectar and Baby Hornet pet have been converted into the Beeswax and Tiphia pet.

(Their old sprites are implemented on the OldConsolePacks.zip folder, while their new sprites are implemented on the NewConsolePacks.zip folder)

Update 1.6: Fixed the quality of the weapons, as they were distorted and uneven previously.

1606259065623.png

Screenshot 2020-11-24 180034.png

Screenshot 2020-11-24 180240.png

Images of the New Sprites:
1606454765017.png

1606454863413.png

1606454974977.png

Some Item Sprites:
1606642532940.png

Attachments

• OldConsolePacks.zip
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
  • NewConsolePacks.zip
    99.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I love the sprites! Seeing this brings back so much nostolgia, by any chance is it possible to get the updated version of those sprites, like when the tiziona didn't look like excalibur and the updated armor.

I love the sprites! Seeing this brings back so much nostolgia, by any chance is it possible to get the updated version of those sprites, like when the tiziona didn't look like excalibur and the updated armor.

I can do that, but I think I will make a seperate zip file specifically designed for that.

UPDATE: Your wish is granted.

Last edited:
I'm just saying when I tried to extract the files it said they were empty and it wouldn't load in game.
Did the sprites not work in game, or did the texture pack just completely fail to appear in the Texture Packs category?

When I tried to extract it it said it was invalid.
I don't completely understand, did WinZip explicitly say that it was an invalid file to unzip? I also apologize for the incredibly late response, as I was playing with a friend for a while.

Back
Top Bottom