PC Old One's Army + Traps = Ghosts?

Iamdarkbowser

Terrarian
I made a (probably crappy) arena with traps for Old One's army. The mobs from it seem to be somewhat ghost-like and float about 3 blocks above the ground after hitting them. Before, with just a plain, flat surface, they looked and acted like "normal" mobs. Does anyone know if this is because of the traps or is it my area design? Also, any tips for defeating the event would me most helpful.
20161116184506_1.jpg

Well, by putting a timer into the mix it showed that they can still take damage from the traps but they cannot activate them through the pressure plates.

Its because its elevated. I have a long flat platform with a few spikes on each side and a wall on the ends. Under the platform some geysers. They are connected with a couple of pressure plates and a switch i can pull to activate them. I use stardust cells (dragon doesn't leave my side to often) with stardust armour, portal staff, and meowmere. I can shoot meowmere fairly high and it will bounce off the far wall and cover both sides of the screen while taking out flyers on the side I am aiming at. Now if i can just kill Betsy.

so i guess that means i can't place inactive stone blocks around it, place the crystal, and then flip a switch?

so i guess that means i can't place inactive stone blocks around it, place the crystal, and then flip a switch?

Nope, Chippygaming tried a bunch of stuff on you tube that didn't work. Placed ice blocks using the ice rod and they ghosted up and thru it. Conveyor belts and lava are a no go also.

Nope, Chippygaming tried a bunch of stuff on you tube that didn't work. Placed ice blocks using the ice rod and they ghosted up and thru it. Conveyor belts and lava are a no go also.
boi then what's the whole point of the building debuff

Maybe it's a crappy arena, maybe not... but the design still looks very pretty! I'm not sure what the blocks you've used are, but it looks very nice combined with the lanterns and tables. Very fitting for the event!

I might be wrong here, but it looks like you've got some Eternia enemy banners hanging nearby? I've read in another thread that the banners don't do anything.
This is intended by the developers, they are meant to be purely decorative. You may have also noticed some of these enemies don't drop banners at 50. That's because lower tier mobs drop their banners at upwards of 1000 kills

Maybe it's a crappy arena, maybe not... but the design still looks very pretty! I'm not sure what the blocks you've used are, but it looks very nice combined with the lanterns and tables. Very fitting for the event!

I might be wrong here, but it looks like you've got some Eternia enemy banners hanging nearby? I've read in another thread that the banners don't do anything.
They don't but they would make the event pointlessly easy.

As I understand it, it's a way to prevent you from cheesing it with terrain shenanigans.
As shaping the terrain, using mechanisms, and being creative about this event in general, are now 'cheating'. What game is this again?

As shaping the terrain, using mechanisms, and being creative about this event in general, are now 'cheating'. What game is this again?
It's Dungeon Defenders 2
A game made for 12-year-olds that uses micro-transactions to get the kids' lunch money without bullying.
Orcs Must Die would have made a better tie in IMHO.

A general reminder for everyone to please remain on topic. This Thread is about the Thread Creator's Etheria Arena and discussion & tips on how to improve their arena, and not to discuss how good of a game Dungeon Defenders 2 is or isn't, or to discuss what this game event should or shouldn't be like.

Back
Top Bottom