1. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

IC [OLD] The Island - New Politics 2.0

Discussion in 'Forum Roleplay - Terraria and Non-Terraria' started by Charmander27, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Spazmatism

@Charmander27
    eJMatqf.png
    -Tyson-
    Tyson followed shell around the ranch as he went over everything one more time just to make sure he got it.

Lord Ruby and Charmander27 like this.
  2. Charmander27

Charmander27 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@Granger

[​IMG] Elizabeth woke with a sudden and swift scream, lasting only a second before she regained consciousness, stopping the fright. This woke Miriam up.

Lord Ruby likes this.
  3. Charmander27

@Chasm Guardian

.................... Roy found himself at the service of a dwarven smith, brass steamhex technology gear all over him, including a multifaceted pair of appraisal goggles that could inspect the quality of steel down to nearly microscopic levels, through a series of many, many different lenses as though he were an optometrist. He accepted the help of the beastly Roy after seeing his decent manners, and allowed him to help polish the new works as well as the polishing jobs from customers, showing him the ways of the trade using hand polishing tools for fine details, and an electricity and steam powered spinning buffer brush for the large-scale and initial work.

((Roy gains the Profession feat and Profession (Polisher). ))

Lord Ruby likes this.
  4. Charmander27

@TheLastFlame50 @Lord Ruby

[​IMG] Riding into the village, Marcus had the nerve to knock on one of the doors. He explained their mission, and that they needed a place to rest, offering a few coin, the humans, elves, and half-elves of the village took them in to one house to feed them, and let them rest in another. The people would also make small talk with the group, frequently asking them tales of their adventures, pasts, and of the Selihara and Silestra, as most of them had never been despite their relatively close proximity to the elven kingdom.

((Feel free to share anything you want, if you want to as a story or w/e.))

Lord Ruby likes this.
  5. Charmander27

@Oleg34518

[​IMG] The man smiled, then took off his glasses, and began to polish them. "You see, this shop used to belong to my younger brother. He passed away recently, and while I have some knowledge of how to perform the actual work here, I have no idea how to run the business, which he left to me in his will, having no children. Do you know anything about engineering work, wiring, steam, generators, and the like?"

Lord Ruby likes this.
  6. Charmander27

@Beamohawk @Star and Moon @Cellbind

[​IMG] "Urm..." Victoreem scratched his head. "I don't know if you've noticed, but we're underground. Unless you can dig, I don't know where or what you are going to hunt, and I can't condole hunting people or their pets or allow it to happen if that's what you meant. There is such a thing as going too far." He laughed. "I'm sure that's not what you meant." He paused, then gulped. "Right?"

Bullseye55 and Lord Ruby like this.
  7. Charmander27

@Vizendel

.................... Leland comes across a lone wild hyena in the grasslands, chewing on the carcass of an animal that it probably didn't kill. It didn't seem to notice or smell the massive werewolf, at least not yet. It was too happily enjoying its meal.

Lord Ruby likes this.
  8. Snowratt

Snowratt Eye of Cthulhu

-- Uhlsrar Zautyl --
    The drow consider the options available to proceed coming up with two, "We could sneak on board the ship and snoop around look around the ship," He told Melody as he got up. "Or speak with them passing ourselves off as them," Uhlsrar said looking at the unconscious men.
    "Which would you rather choose?" He said giving the option of the two to Melody.

Lord Ruby likes this.
  9. Beamohawk

Beamohawk Terrarian

-Kaz-
    Noticing Victoreem's uneasiness, Kaz grinned devilishly and said, "Yeah" with no sarcasm added, "I was going to hunt people, cause yummy, people taste so good" Kaz then turned to leave the lobby, "I'm walking all the way out, back to the surface. Free food doesn't come without work, including travel"
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 5, 2016 ---
    -Hordvik-
    "Father, Hordvik hit me again!" A small dwarven boy cried to a gray haired man who was building a small statue out of iron."Well, why? What did you do to your brother?" The man asked as an even smaller boy came running inside the small room the three called home. "Nothing! I just accidentally hit him with water on his left side" the first boy answered sticking his tongue out at the second. "Hordvik" the man addressed the second child, "Don't hit your older brother, you know he is just practicing his magick for his exam next week". To this the young Hordvik nodded, looked at his brother and bowed. "Oh, Hordvik, look, it will only take about five more days, but I might have a way to allow you to speak, you see...".

Snapping awake, Hordvik sat up out of his bed and looked around the room that he was sharing with Zack and Jerion, except he noticed Jerion wasn't in his bed. Getting dressed and grabbing his hammer, Hordvik headed down to the lobby, slightly woozy. Once he reached the lobby he looked around for an empty seat and sat down, laying his head on the counter/table. ((whatever is in front of him))

Lord Ruby and Charmander27 like this.
  10. Lord Ruby

Lord Ruby Terrarian

@Charmander27 @TheLastFlame50

[​IMG] Luna

Luna gladly answered most questions that the villagers asked, though she couldn't say much about her past, she only said she remembered being from far away and being powerful but also explained that she recently lost her memory. She kept silent about the Thaxy'll group she had temporarily been with, and didn't tell anyone about Shalih. Luna thanked the villagers often for their hospitality, knowing that the rest of her group wasn't very talkative and hoping that she would make up for them if they would ever not be thankful.

Charmander27 and Bullseye55 like this.
  11. Vizendel

Vizendel Skeletron

[​IMG]

In a stunning display of brutality Leland unsheathed his greataxe and charged up to the Hyena, intent on cutting it in twain and stealing its meal, and then probably eating the Hyena too afterwards.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Charmander27 and Lord Ruby like this.
  12. Cellbind

Cellbind Skeletron

-Pandora-
    "Thanks for the information, I'll go check them out." Pandora bids farewell to the innkeeper and catches up to the rest of the group.

13. Chasm Guardian

Chasm Guardian Skeletron Prime

[​IMG]Roy Drake
    Despite being a labor work, Roy genuinely enjoys the job he's gotten. He realizes he doesn't know the wages he earns per hour, but as long as it is a dollar or two above minimum wage, he's happy. He then realizes he doesn't know the minimum wage, so whatever, he's not happy (but he's not unhappy). While polishing a chest plate, Roy gets slightly bored, letting his thoughts wander around. He wonders what type of job he used to have, off of the Island. It probably was a type of labor job. He tries to concentrate on his very, very dim memories... and fails miserably, landing on the wrong memory.

At a friendly sparring match, Roy is in his human form, and apparently fighting a bunny/human hybrid. He nods to the bunny man, telling his magic types, and they spar, greek-robed women spectating the match. Roy starts out by raising his left hand, the Shadow Professor ((His legacy item)) shining, summoning a simple orb of solid type darkness, aimed at the bunny guy, who's name apparently was Jack. Jack avoids the orb and calls for something harder to fight against. Roy grins, a friendly grin, and summons glaives, made of the same dark magic as the orb, attacking at Jack with it. He also manages to avoid this, sending his own attack at him: an ice blade. Roy easily dodges this, and they trade attacks, most not hitting. At one point, Jack sends a supremely difficult attack to dodge--20 ice shards, and instead of attempting to dodge this--a terrible mistake it would have been-- Roy creates a wall of darkness, which catches the ice blades, and ramming the wall at Jack. Jack counters this with his own wall, made of ice. They trade more blows until things get ugly. After a particular attack, which Roy once again uses the wall strategy--his mind was getting tired from summoning these stuff-- to block this, ramming it again at Jack. Jack recovers, barely, and raises his head, his eyes gleaming with an unnatural red "You've angered me." he said ominously, summoning a horde of ice blades.

The memory prematurely ends, though Roy was certain there was more after it. He realizes how powerful his mind was before that---the mass summoned with the darkness must have been a lot. Roy tries this out, shaking his hand and concentrating, trying to summon something. Nothing. He sighs and goes back to polishing. He should at least have something left of his powerful concentration, even after the fall into the Island.

Lord Ruby likes this.
  14. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Skeletron Prime

@Charmander27
    [​IMG]
    "Well... I do know something about engineering ((+7 Tinker)), I may not be a professional, but I did take special training from... A leader of the most technologically advanced organization I knew... I've lost my memory... But the knowledge of engineering should come back quickly as my memory returns."

15. Charmander27

@Matsu

.................... The beast lashed out, slamming Acies with a squid-like rhombus-ended tentacle, hitting her for 3 damage.

Lord Ruby likes this.
  16. Charmander27

@Vizendel

.................... Leland was easily able to move his way to the hyena, swiftly striking it, and carving his blade into the creature. The beast whimpered, bloody and chopped, as it clung to life, begging for mercy in pup-like cries.

Chasm Guardian and Lord Ruby like this.
  17. Suweeka

Suweeka The One and Oni

[​IMG]
    "What? Nonsense! I know exactly where we are," Hype replied as she confidently shoved half of a bacon strip in her mouth. "According to the direction of the sun, the wind direction, and the point in which this piece of bacon meets the tip of my tongue, I'd say that we are..."

Before she finishes her sentence, she stands straight up and narrows her eyes for a moment, as if* concentrating.

"...clearly in the middle of nowhere. Is that not an obvious answer?"

*((wasn't actually))

Charmander27 and Snowratt like this.
  18. Matsu

Matsu Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@Charmander27

[​IMG]
    --Acies--
    Acies pondered the creature for a moment. She then made it the focus of anger and hatred, cursing it to weaken and die, before thrusting at it with her +1 Cold Iron Rapier.

((I do the applicable Knowledge check. Then as a Free Action I try to use my Hexblade's Curse on it (DC 15 Will, Negates) and I use my Standard Action to attack it:
    Attack Roll= d20+8 (2[BAB] +5[DEX] +1[Weapon Focus] +1[Enhancement] -1[Fatigued])
    Damage Roll= d6+5 (+5[DEX] +1[Enhancement] -1[Fatigued])
    Weapon Notes= Piercing and Magic. Made of Cold Iron.))

Lord Ruby likes this.
  19. Vizendel

Vizendel Skeletron

[​IMG]

Leland gave it no such mercy, doubtful that it would even survive the mortal wound. He instead opted to give it a swift, painless execution by breaking its neck with his titanic paw-like hands. If he succeeded, he then bit into the hyena, eager to ensure nothing went to waste. Once he had eaten the Hyena he began to eat its prey, his appetite sated only when both were reduced to bloodied scraps of meat clinging feebly onto bones. He then continued on his merry way.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  20. Charmander27

((Back in business.))

.................... About 9 hours go by, and everyone completes the current item on their agenda.

@Lord Ruby @TheLastFlame50

.................... Luna, Chloe, Saeldur, and Marcus rest at the village, regaining their strength and getting fed.

@Granger @Darthkitten @KillerCRW11 @Deathmyster @Beamohawk @Kazzymodus @Jerion 'Wyverntamer' Kràl

.................... The group waits in Rescap inn, plotting and waiting for their group to take action later tonight.

@Vizendel

.................... Leland is easily able to fell the almost dead beast, and afterwhich partaking of a fresh then a stale meal before heading north at a fearsome pace, reaching the desert without any interruptions while heading north, shimmering like a small jewel in the distance, Leland could see the faint shimmer of the Crystal Throne and the bustling metropolis just next to it, New Navon. He would remember that is the direction Alliane was dragged of in.

@TheLastFlame50 @Suweeka @W1K @Nike Leon

.................... The group travels through most of the day, reaching the desert from the west. They know that there is less than a day's travel until they reach New Navon to the north east.

@Oleg34518

.................... The shopkeeper agrees to let Platinum work there, and he helps clean and ready the shop for business, as well as getting some lessons on fixing some wire and steam mechanisms that commonly are in need of a repairman. At the end of the day, the man hands Platinum 6 gold coins for his work.

@Rgbunpro @Beezwax&Nectar

.................... Dan and Tyson work on the coral for the day, each earning 10 gold pieces from Shelton as they finished for the day.

@Chasm Guardian

.................... It was a busy day at the armorer, and Roy was swamped with nonstop work orders and requests for the entire workday. At the end of the day, he was given 8 gold pieces for his work at the shop.

@Beamohawk @Star and Moon @Cellbind

.................... Victoreem and Pandora ventured further into the city, asking for a shop to purchase, where they found a sizable shop with sufficient space in the back for crafting and heat that was able to be rented out for 6 gold pieces per day. It was on the main-land side of the cliff, just by the entrance/exit to one of the bridges that led out to the main plateau kingdom.

.................... Making their way back to the surface, Sam and Kaz were able to hunt for their dinner, finding and killing a large wild turkey.

@Matsu

.................... Acies finds out quickly that the beast she is fighting is only an illusion ((through a will save that I rolled forever ago...)), then confidently strides forward to the next section, where she finds series of beds to rest in. The temptation of sleep/meditation/trance was too great to resist, and Acies finds her self well rested as she wakes up in one of them.

@Snowratt

.................... Uhlsrar and Melody decide to meet with the people of the ship that just rolled in, all of its above-deck crew members draped and covered, not showing any of their flesh as they completed the transaction. The smugglers in the newly arrived ship are convinced that Uhlsrar and Melody are the ones they were supposed to meet after being shown the papers, and unload several dozen crates and barrels of cargo, oftentimes stamped with word 'Vendrick' on the disposable wood and shipping containers. Some of them were rattling and making noise, others stunk or smelled of sweet perfumes or savory spices, and rarely was there two containers of matching size. They would then thank Melody and Uhlsrar, and attempt to turn around and get back on their ship.

Oleg34518, Lord Ruby, Matsu and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.