tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

Are all mobs added in yet? if so did you make them spawn rerely on prehardmode? i didnt get too many.
also do crystals spawn more on hardmode? I dont think l like seeing messege that it despawn before i even find it.

Are all mobs added in yet? if so did you make them spawn rerely on prehardmode? i didnt get too many.
also do crystals spawn more on hardmode? I dont think l like seeing messege that it despawn before i even find it.
I may have -- I'll check. I haven't done indepth testing.

@Gratuitous Lurking :
Hrm. I may not be using Omnir Mod right now, but have a free idea: Have two versions of the summon...
Just wanted to add we probably shouldn't forget some of the new functionality of right clicking with summoners, when considering espers.
First you could have them equip in the pet slot.(so you can dye them, yayz dyes)
You can then use a magi-tech rod to have them perform there super big moves via mana costs and insanely-very slow speed on left click, and direct attacks with right click.
Finally, because it's an enabled summon through the pet slot you can only have one unless you throw in some weird crafting recipes.

@Gratuitous Lurking : Just wanted to add we probably shouldn't forget some of the new functionality of right clicking with summoners, when considering espers.
First you could have them equip in the pet slot.(so you can dye them, yayz dyes)
You can then use a magi-tech rod to have them perform there super big moves via mana costs and insanely-very slow speed on left click, and direct attacks with right click.
Finally, because it's an enabled summon through the pet slot you can only have one unless you throw in some weird crafting recipes.
Y'know, I wasn't actively thinking of pet slots, but it'd not be the first mod to put a combat pet in the utility slot. I think the hardest part of coding would be getting the tool to work only when the item is equipped to the pet slot (if you want to limit it that way) but that's also an elegant idea/solution.

Hrm. Further thoughts and theorycrafting on Espers below, sorry if part hijack of yer thread, jus I'm good with ideas but terrible with actually using them. ^^;

I had a minor thought on what may be the tick you need to get the staff to work with the Esper. If the staff can be made to work with only a specific buff going, and as pets technically count as a buff, that would be all you really need to limit the staves relating to specific Espers to the summoned Esper.

Acquisition of the Esper would be the big thing I was thinking of. Basically, had two thoughts of mind on it, and while one or the other may work out for the best, perhaps a mix of the two may work as well.

Option 1: Esper Trial, aka Boss/Miniboss Fights
Probably the more complex on on your end, as means you have to unleash a crapton of minibosses and bosses to clog up the game code, but would fit in the FF theme quite well, thanks to how many of them are encountered. Basically, you'd be summoning the summons as a boss and entering conflict with them. They'd drop the Esper summoning item as a part of it (or a crafting material) as well as perhaps a chance to drop the special attack staves for their unique signature attacks as thought of up there. These could help limit things as well by forcing summons in specific biomes or crafting the summoning ritual for the boss fight requiring easy/hardcore materials.

Option 2: Treasure Hunt, aka Complex Crafting
Of course, some Espers may not be the most feasable for a summoned combat as well, which means you may want to think of some (if not all) simply being tiered crafting. Upgrading espers could also be easily done with the same system. In this case, I'd suggest a generic crafting material (*element here* Esper Essense has a nice ring to it) that drops in specific biomes similar to souls rarely. Gather enough of specific elemental essenses, or generic elemental essenses, and perhaps other materials, and you get access to the Esper itself and it's staff. A bit grindy, but means less hostile entities to code.

Perhaps another idea, may be a bit much, but maybe allow for the summons to be crafted in various incarnations? A bit much, but considering how many varying appearances the different Espers have had, allowing a different look for the summoner's fancy.

Also, some random thoughts on potential Esper candidates and maybe what tiering we should be looking at an original summon. I totally would suggest allowing an end-game upgrade of every Esper though, perhaps crafted with Luminite materials, to allow people to lug their favorite Esper around always.

Naturally, this is only with Vanilla in mind, I ain't demanding anything tying into other mod biomes offhand or whatever Omnir adds himself for progression, jus tossing ideas around. Similar to suggested crafting materials tossed around.

FOREST - The neutral biome, non-elemental and probably some of the more basic summons could be made with basic Esper crafting materials here.

Valefor - I'm championing for this one, dangit. Easy early-game summon, probably requires easy-to-get materials and thus as an Esper, may not have the punch of it's bros until it's gotten more magnificence over the game.
Signature Moves - Sonic Wave, Energy Ray, Energy Blast

Bahamut - Yeah, can't forget this guy, and putting him as a purity Esper seems a bit weird, but on the other hand, you may need to craft him with multiple Esper fragments and perhaps even Pillar fragments to fully acquire him. If he has an upgrade, it's no doubt just one with Luminite if he's placed this far into progression. Not to be confused with Bahamut NEO, SIN or ZERO, which probably fit into Post-Moonlord but I ain't focusing on those ideas yet.
Signature Moves - Mega Flare

SNOW/ICE - Frigid wasteland, perfect for the ice-themed Espers and also rather early-game still to allow for a slight upgrade over Forest in terms of power. Probably common wielders of Frostburn and Freeze debuffs.

Shiva - Early-to-mid game acquire, would probably require substantial amounts of Ice and Snow blocks, maybe even a Frozen Mirror to reflect her beauty?
Signature Moves - Heavenly Strike, Diamond Dust

DESERT - Low-tier fire and thunder Espers could do good here for an early starting point.

Cactaur - Cactus! Lots of Cactus! Also needles! Lots of needles!
Signature Moves - 1000 Needles, 10000 Needles

Titan - Should be fitting enough for an earth figure to perhaps make the desert his home in Terraria? If all else fails, he can be put into the Caverns as well.
Signature Moves - Gaia's Wrath/Earthen Fury/Terrestrial Rage

Ixion - While Ramuh's lightning comes from the heavens, Ixion's thunder can easily be formed by the strikes on the earth, thus allowing potentially the thunder horse to be summoned as an Esper before the proper flagship thunder summon.
Signature Moves - Aerospark, Thor's Hammer

JUNGLE - More befitting for very specific esper types, such as the Magus Sisters getting linked to bee and beetle crafting materials, or Carbuncle perhaps matching with Cloryphyl ore for his requirements.

Carbuncle - Acquired mid to late game, Carbuncle is a support summon, offering primarily buffs to the player and those teamed with the summoner. As stated above, Cloryphyl ore would be a great represent for it's greenish hues.
Signature Moves - Ruby Light, Diamond Light, Emerald Light, Pearl Light

Magus Sisters - A trio of insect sisters, I'd make the suggestion to include Beetle Shell acquired from Golem in this particular recipe. Why have one biggirl when you can have three for the price of a slot?
Signature Moves - Passado, Camisade, Razzia, Delta Attack

CORRUPTION/CRIMSON - Evil, dark Espers reside in this twisted land, but much like the Desert, the far darkest foes could yet reside further in the earth.

Odin - While not usually seen as malevolent- though FF9 does mention him as a dark deity, so there you go- Odin's place in the dark elements of the world could make him worth daring early into it's depths. Could easily work as either early game or lategame depending how his Zantetsuken was balanced. Perhaps requires the Night's Edge in it's crafting recipe?
Signature Moves - Zantetsuken, Gungir

MUSHROOM - Perhaps something wild and trippy? I can't think of anything off the start that works here, but I'll sure to fix this as I find out.

OCEAN - Obviously, water-based Espers would be trickled from crafting points here.

Leviathan - Definitely a hardmode ocean-based Esper. Souls of Flight to help him get around, and then a mix of ocean crafting materials. No doubt primarily Shark Fins, but maybe a Pirate Map to confirm it is indeed hardmode.
Signature Moves - Tidal Wave/Tsunami,

UNDERWORLD - The most depraved of devils, and the lords of all fire all hide in the Underworld...

Ifrit - Goes without saying, really. Demonic AND a lot of fire! Perhaps to keep in line with his other trinity members, give him Underworld crafting materials but don't put Hellstone into the crafting recipe so an early hell-diver can still get the Esper without being at endgame for pre-hard.
Signature Moves - Hellfire/Inferno, Meteor Strike

Phoenix - Endgame summon from the depths of hell, another support summon that grants the unique power of Auto-Life to those allied with the summoner. Living fire may help keep this phoenix's plumage. Perhaps also has cure abilities?
Signature Moves - Phoenix Flame/Rebirth Flame

Diablos - A daemonic entity that resides in the depths of the earth, this destructive summon's a potential ally idea for endgame tier summoners, maybe.
Signature Moves - Dark Messenger

HALLOW - Holy summons of great light and power can be found in these hallowed grounds!

Mist Dragon - Reborn from the Hallow, the Mist Dragon could easily be a blend of Hallow materials like Pixie Dust and Space materials like Clouds, in order to form a powerful early-Hardmode summon
Signature Moves - Radiant Breath

Knights of the Round - A lategame summon for the Hallowed biome, Knights of the Round could be a devastating boss killer if balanced out with a sizable crafting requirement behind it.
Signature Moves - Ultimate End

DUNGEON - Much like the Evil biomes, the Dungeon offers a good way of adding cursed Espers into the mix.

Alexander - Constructed out of parts of the Dungeon's brick itself, and various metals, Alexander is a great asset to a summoner as a bombardment summon, well-known for it's devastating longranged firepower despite it's rather stationary nature at the best of times. Perhaps this could be alleviated with a staff to reposition Alexander as well?
Signature Moves - Divine Judgement

Doomtrain/Phantom Train - Choo choo mofos, this train of destruction ain't got no breaks! Well, unless your name is Saban of course. Either for early hardmode or Post Plantera, Doomtrain could make an interesting summon.
Signature Moves - Runaway Train, Diabolic Whistle

Gilgamesh - Major fan of the character, but this would be a great place for him to show up. My idea for this is mix him up with both requiring Ectoplasm (so Post-Plantera) and then requiring at least four great swords, either from the Omnir pack itself or the four strongest Terraria swords up to this point. Like, Horseman's Blade, Terra Blade, True Excalibur (of course) and the blade that comes with the Frost Moon I forgot the name of...
Signature Moves - Excalibur, Excalipoor, Masamune, Zantetsuken, Ultimate Illusion

METEORITE/SPACE - Lords of thunder and star gods gather around the signs and sights of the heavens.

Garuda - Bird ladies of doom and destruction, this relatively new Esper could work great for something to craft with harpy feathers, maybe even Big Harpy Feathers and Souls of Flight if you wish for Hardmode.
Signature Moves - Aerial Blast

Ramuh - Hiding out in the sky, Ramuh's crafting would no doubt incorporate rainclouds in order to represent elements of thunderclouds for his crafting ingredients.
Signature Moves - Judgement Bolt

Ark - FFIX's transforming airship is here for some air assault. I expect this summon would be best as a hovering high in the air support weapon, constantly barraging attacks from far above the user of the Esper. Easily at the endgame tier, possibly another one that requires Pillar fragments?
Signature Moves - Eternal Darkness

Naturally, this is only the start for the crazy stuff that happens when I get bored with wikies :p

i think its too difficult to get a boss fight. Maybe you should consider aloowing us to craft boss summoning items. for example one of each terraria gem + dirt = earth fiend summon item / with bucket of lava fire fiend / bucket of water water fiend / and a piece of cloud wind fiend.
I know you prefer no crafting but please make getting a boss spawns easier ;)

EDIT: ok after walking around in hardmode i get quite a bit more crystal spawns, thats nice but still since they disappear you cant prepare terrain for the fight, if not craft i would like to see some earth and fire elementals around and with higher chance of dropping dying crystals. So far i have been only encountering wind ones, and a lot.

Last edited:
i think its too difficult to get a boss fight. Maybe you should consider aloowing us to craft boss summoning items. for example one of each terraria gem + dirt = earth fiend summon item / with bucket of lava fire fiend / bucket of water water fiend / and a piece of cloud wind fiend.
I know you prefer no crafting but please make getting a boss spawns easier ;)

EDIT: ok after walking around in hardmode i get quite a bit more crystal spawns, thats nice but still since they disappear you cant prepare terrain for the fight, if not craft i would like to see some earth and fire elementals around and with higher chance of dropping dying crystals. So far i have been only encountering wind ones, and a lot.
I might make them not despawn, since it's only 1 at a time, now
But I will have the summoning crystals drop >: D

are monsters supposed to spawn in different places than they used to? i had both dark torturer and plague smith spawn in mid/low caverns while i have seen none of these in hell. Not only that in hell i didnt find ancient deamon even once, while he did spawn on blood moon surface. I play on a medium world, if that changes anything.
also crystals seem to spawn in wierd places as well, i got both wind crystal and fire crystal in mid/low cavern, as well as water one. And no i didnt get to them in time XD though there isnt much dodging space in caverns anyway.

edit, ok i was in the low caverns but still in hell i encountered apocalypse 3 times without single one of the above metioned XD

Last edited:
are monsters supposed to spawn in different places than they used to? i had both dark torturer and plague smith spawn in mid/low caverns while i have seen none of these in hell. Not only that in hell i didnt find ancient deamon even once, while he did spawn on blood moon surface. I play on a medium world, if that changes anything.
also crystals seem to spawn in wierd places as well, i got both wind crystal and fire crystal in mid/low cavern, as well as water one. And no i didnt get to them in time XD though there isnt much dodging space in caverns anyway.

edit, ok i was in the low caverns but still in hell i encountered apocalypse 3 times without single one of the above metioned XD
I'd noticed oddities, too. : ( They're the same spawn code, but I think the spawn methods might have changed in vanilla Terraria. I'll be fixing it.

One more thing, I think that bigger creatures teleporting can be bit annoying when for example i have jugernot chasing me on my hellbridge, and each time it cant fit through gaps it teleports vere close to me (thats fine) or even on top of me (that is not). Since they deal high contact dmg it would be nice to not teleport into player.

Is there still a working link for the tAPI version? I want to play through an old tAPI modpack I used to have on my old pc, but the dropbox link doesn't seem to work

Is there still a working link for the tAPI version? I want to play through an old tAPI modpack I used to have on my old pc, but the dropbox link doesn't seem to work
I'll see if I have it somewhere on my comp, and reupload :3

so, since i cant craft chaos summon item i presume he is not added in yet?
Not yet :<

Small update: v0.7.5
Added in the Quara
Added in Artorias' armor (not normally obtainable)
Added in Chaos (not summonable, yet)
Fixed some issues, including Crystal spawning is now not limited. Will likely change that, soon.

Last edited:
Im very happy to see you added chaos. if i may ask I would also love to see Sauron and his nazguls added anytime soon (i quess he is not in since i didnt find single nazgul yet).

Back
Top Bottom