tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

Don't know. It's been mighty helpful to me.

r 1.0.4 Changed giant creatures from super jumping, to slowly teleporting
Change projectile particles
Added in Giant Dad Set (Great Dragon Lord Loot)

I do apologize for leaving this mod for quite a bit. I doubt I'll ever be 100% back, as that was a heck of a lot of time. But, I do plan to keep working. just, super slowly.

Whenever I load the Omnir mod Terraria/tapi opens but when its loading the mods it crashes. Any help?

EDIT: nvm got it to work

Ok nazgul spawns on right side of the world and during blood moons, easy to kill but witchking phases through blocks and murders you when you killed plantera and higher, the teleporting to your position can get the giant enemy bugged if your inbetween 3 x 2 openings and with bolt 3 and bolt 4 can get it easy to cheap kill aswell as the sudden death runes, making it somewhat easy but also difficult to take down them, also i was fighting tomberry which spawns way too often in hardmode even in the surface and jaggernaht spawned ontop of me, instant great atk 500+ dmg and killed me, bit overpowered to unprepared players, wind and water monsters still rare to get those dying crystals, they dont spawn enough time to farm

Ok nazgul spawns on right side of the world and during blood moons, easy to kill but witchking phases through blocks and murders you when you killed plantera and higher, the teleporting to your position can get the giant enemy bugged if your inbetween 3 x 2 openings and with bolt 3 and bolt 4 can get it easy to cheap kill aswell as the sudden death runes, making it somewhat easy but also difficult to take down them, also i was fighting tomberry which spawns way too often in hardmode even in the surface and jaggernaht spawned ontop of me, instant great atk 500+ dmg and killed me, bit overpowered to unprepared players, wind and water monsters still rare to get those dying crystals, they dont spawn enough time to farm
Thanks for the feedback -- I'll look into these :3

Edit: Juggernauts are spawning as intended -- but I'll be changing the teleport to A) produce a sound, and B) be less exploitable. I am thinking of having them using it only if they get hit.

Edit2: small changes:

r 1.0.4.1 Modified giant creature teleporting: They make a sound when they can't see you, and have high defense (do no damage) when they're fading in/out

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback -- I'll look into these :3

Edit: Juggernauts are spawning as intended -- but I'll be changing the teleport to A) produce a sound, and B) be less exploitable. I am thinking of having them using it only if they get hit.

Edit2: small changes:

r 1.0.4.1 Modified giant creature teleporting: They make a sound when they can't see you, and have high defense (do no damage) when they're fading in/out

thanks, im expecting a good challenge that you are forced for them to teleport in fully before you can kill them unless it does 1 dmg like nazgul and witchking, it isnt like that it negates that kind of def right?

Edit: About the NPC's, you can get cure 3 when you enter hardmode i believe but the other Tome 3 books are unable to buy from the white/black mages, was this intended to kill higher tier bosses to get the spell tomes or want inplimented that the omnir npcs wont sell anythign higher then #2 spells? i also encountered the great magic ring that witch king drops, as hard as balls he is, 54 plat is quite worth the pain he gives, i think i also got the warlock sword from him or another boss that does 220+ melee dmg and is crazy expensive to refine like 45 plat, meaning the blade i got is worth 180 plat?

Last edited:
thanks, im expecting a good challenge that you are forced for them to teleport in fully before you can kill them unless it does 1 dmg like nazgul and witchking, it isnt like that it negates that kind of def right?

Edit: About the NPC's, you can get cure 3 when you enter hardmode i believe but the other Tome 3 books are unable to buy from the white/black mages, was this intended to kill higher tier bosses to get the spell tomes or want inplimented that the omnir npcs wont sell anythign higher then #2 spells? i also encountered the great magic ring that witch king drops, as hard as balls he is, 54 plat is quite worth the pain he gives, i think i also got the warlock sword from him or another boss that does 220+ melee dmg and is crazy expensive to refine like 45 plat, meaning the blade i got is worth 180 plat?
I'll check, but it was intended to get the 3rd spell book either in Hardmode or after the mech bosses.

the Nazgul/Sauron/Witchking, you need the Barrow blade from the Barrow wights, hit them once with it and you'll dispell their defense. But yes, the teleportation will make them have high defense until they're fully in (they'll also do no damage until fully in)

I'll check the prices on the weapons, but the Warlock sword is supposed to be rare, and of the best weapons

I'll check, but it was intended to get the 3rd spell book either in Hardmode or after the mech bosses.

the Nazgul/Sauron/Witchking, you need the Barrow blade from the Barrow wights, hit them once with it and you'll dispell their defense. But yes, the teleportation will make them have high defense until they're fully in (they'll also do no damage until fully in)

I'll check the prices on the weapons, but the Warlock sword is supposed to be rare, and of the best weapons

thats the problem, even if i defeated duke fishron and the event moons, its still for black mage quake 3 (which doesnt have a larger animation) and white mage cure 3 only, you would think after you killed plantera or golem that the remaining 3 books of each would be avaliable

i got the barrow blade to dispell there defense, just witch king always floats to you, giving you no room to attack even with wings and best movement gear you can get in hardmode, there teleporting isnt of like giant creatures, its of there phasing through blocks similar to evil/phantom eye but more twitchy

i think i got it from demon lord apololypse because when i died, i was at my home and they teleported and gliched inside my house, ending for the quick kill and it dropped the sword

Update: I can still heavely damage giant creatures through the use of my vampire knives, my stynger and bolt 3, feels like them teleporting in and out doesnt boost there defense and still stuck, allowing the exploit to continue to happen because i do update the version each time its released. (Update Session: It seems that the defence it gives while fading in and out is correct but they stay intangible in the 3 x 2 areas while having there defense back to normal)

Update #2: The ultimate healing rune heals 0 HP opon useage, making them useless

Update #3: I recently killed Sauron in my single player world which was a huge pain since even running into him or his spells does 300+ dmg, i got The One Ring item and it has a fatal message at the bottom, randomly either spawning sauron or killing the player, does it actually kill the player at random?

Attachments

• The one Ring.png
    The one Ring.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Is there anything being done to Multiplayer compatibility with this mod? I'm really looking forward to it

I do not recommend this for Multiplayer, currently. There seems to be some syncing issues I am not able to resolve.

Omnir Said on the 1st page it is not recommended for multiplayer at this time, best wait till he finishes the mod before he makes it compatible

Omnir Said on the 1st page it is not recommended for multiplayer at this time, best wait till he finishes the mod before he makes it compatible
Oh I see. Thanks, at least there's hope. I thought it was some otherworldly errors

thats the problem, even if i defeated duke fishron and the event moons, its still for black mage quake 3 (which doesnt have a larger animation) and white mage cure 3 only, you would think after you killed plantera or golem that the remaining 3 books of each would be avaliable

i got the barrow blade to dispell there defense, just witch king always floats to you, giving you no room to attack even with wings and best movement gear you can get in hardmode, there teleporting isnt of like giant creatures, its of there phasing through blocks similar to evil/phantom eye but more twitchy

i think i got it from demon lord apololypse because when i died, i was at my home and they teleported and gliched inside my house, ending for the quick kill and it dropped the sword

Update: I can still heavely damage giant creatures through the use of my vampire knives, my stynger and bolt 3, feels like them teleporting in and out doesnt boost there defense and still stuck, allowing the exploit to continue to happen because i do update the version each time its released.

Update #2: The ultimate healing rune heals 0 HP opon useage, making them useless

Update #3: I recently killed Sauron in my single player world which was a huge pain since even running into him or his spells does 300+ dmg, i got The One Ring item and it has a fatal message at the bottom, randomly either spawning sauron or killing the player, does it actually kill the player at random?

I will post the update later tonight that will allow the npcs to sell the tier 3s. I don't know what's going on with the witchking, but I'll look. He shouldn't be doing that :(

And that really stinks with the giant creatures -- I'll figure something out.

Thanks for the feedback on the UH runes. I didn't know that/

Lastly, I need to remove that text, but that was the initial plan. I don't know if I'll go through with it.

Is there anything being done to Multiplayer compatibility with this mod? I'm really looking forward to it
What issues are you having?

I will post the update later tonight that will allow the npcs to sell the tier 3s. I don't know what's going on with the witchking, but I'll look. He shouldn't be doing that :(

And that really stinks with the giant creatures -- I'll figure something out.

Thanks for the feedback on the UH runes. I didn't know that/

Lastly, I need to remove that text, but that was the initial plan. I don't know if I'll go through with it.

I believe it would be a good item to have to randomly summon sauron since it dropped from him, that and the chance on when that random thing triggers it deals heavy damage for the double damage buff

I re-downloaded my Terraria, GameLauncher, tAPI, Base mod and Omnirs Nos Pack. I've also ran repairs on XNA(don't know if I had to), and NET Framework 4.5.2.

My tAPI Terraria progress crashes soon after loading both mods, joining the server using localhost IP or my internal IP, and lastly after joining the server being able to play for like 3-5mins then crashing ( as I run tAPI_server.exe) separately. Probably logged somewhere in a .txt but it's always a windows "Program has stopped working" notification

I've ran Thorium mod(as an example) before multiplayer using the same method and never happened.

I re-downloaded my Terraria, GameLauncher, tAPI, Base mod and Omnirs Nos Pack. I've also ran repairs on XNA(don't know if I had to), and NET Framework 4.5.2.

My tAPI Terraria progress crashes soon after loading both mods, joining the server using localhost IP or my internal IP, and lastly after joining the server being able to play for like 3-5mins then crashing ( as I run tAPI_server.exe) separately. Probably logged somewhere in a .txt but it's always a windows "Program has stopped working" notification

I've ran Thorium mod(as an example) before multiplayer using the same method and never happened.
Odd. It shouldn't have those sorts of issues. I'll have to rebuild with tAPI r15, but that shouldn't do that.

Make sure Basemod is above my mod in the load order.

I'm not seeing the crash anymore, just yesterday was making playing the game impossible. However, Basemod was above Omnir's Nos Pack in the mod loader. and the game wasn't crashing as it was yesterday with the same configuration. This has been Tech voodoo

Wasn't aware load order was a thing really, i'll check that out
Only for this sort of thing, since my mod relies on Basemod (so basemod needs to load first)

I'm not seeing the crash anymore, just yesterday was making playing the game impossible. However, Basemod was above Omnir's Nos Pack in the mod loader. and the game wasn't crashing as it was yesterday with the same configuration. This has been Tech voodoo
That's... odd. I don't know what the snarf, though that does happen every so often. MP should be playable, except summoning the bosses is bugged, I hear.

To be brutally honest omnir, the teleporting with the jauggernaughs near hell is the only giant monsters that always 1 hit kills me with there great attack, they spawn ontop of me and instantly use great attack, this has been my 20th actual death with this mechanic, please change it that the great attack is greatly nerfed or change there method on reaching me, its stupid how one second im farming mushroom biome for truffle worms and he appears and instantly kills me the next, im showing proof

Attachments

• Great Attack Spam 1.png
    Great Attack Spam 1.png
    620.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Great Attack Spam 2.png
    Great Attack Spam 2.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 330
To be brutally honest omnir, the teleporting with the jauggernaughs near hell is the only giant monsters that always 1 hit kills me with there great attack, they spawn ontop of me and instantly use great attack, this has been my 20th actual death with this mechanic, please change it that the great attack is greatly nerfed or change there method on reaching me, its stupid how one second im farming mushroom biome for truffle worms and he appears and instantly kills me the next, im showing proof
Will do :<

Edit:
r 1.0.4.2 Modified giant creature teleporting: they will only teleport when they are hit, but cannot see you. Also, their defense is raised while teleporting (fixed)
Tier 3 tomes buy-able after mech/plantera
Fixed Ultimate Healing Rune

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom