tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

would give my legs to play this mod again :D.
last time was pre 1.2 i think. just after hardmode... last thing i remember killing that was newish was omega weapon and witchking
stopped playing terraria altogether because I missed this mod. heres hoping I can enjoy it again soon. I missed NEVER being safe anywhere because mobs could mine to you.

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can reeeeally hold me by the hand for installing Omnirs Mod pack. Here's my situation: I have game launcher and use it to switch between N terraria and 1.3.0.7. However, I also play 1.2.4 on the side with just my girlfriend and I run it from a different file location. It seems to work well enough except some minor bugs when I load the 1.2.4 character on my 1.3.0.7 maps.

Anyway; what in the world should I do first? People say to install tAPI which has been discontinued, but I assume it will work on 1.2.4? Which directory do I install this to? And once installing it, do I needs Grox's base mod? where do i install this to and how will it affect my current 1.2.4 game? And how do I install Omnirs mod on top of this?

Should I just start entirely from scratch? Or is there a way to run all from game launcher- 1.2.4, 1.3 (steam), N terraria, as well as Omnirs?

I kinda feel bad for you when it comes to modding. You've had to change from Tconfig to Tapi and then almost immediatly over to Tmodloader. The nostalgia pack is an amazing mod but changing modloaders all the time must be really infuriating. spent many many hours with your pack back in 1.1 though!

I kinda feel bad for you when it comes to modding. You've had to change from Tconfig to Tapi and then almost immediatly over to Tmodloader. The nostalgia pack is an amazing mod but changing modloaders all the time must be really infuriating. spent many many hours with your pack back in 1.1 though!
Oh, it's definitely frustrating ;___; Worse is I don't have the same amount of time available as I used to -- *And* I often have to wait to be sure I can port over all of the essentials.

But it is happening, thanks to @Zero-Exodus who has helped me understand tModloader (and for even translating monster/player codes >: D!)

Oh, it's definitely frustrating ;___; Worse is I don't have the same amount of time available as I used to -- *And* I often have to wait to be sure I can port over all of the essentials.

But it is happening, thanks to @Zero-Exodus who has helped me understand tModloader (and for even translating monster/player codes >: D!)
Oh om forgot to mention I reworked the dragoonboots once more. Wasn't able to do what I wanted so the dragon horn as of yet so it's still 2x d while falling. Gembox (or soul of thamasa if you prefer) was interesting to port. DualCast system works using the Shoot method in GlobalItem so now it does what it should have, fires off twice for magic=true items. Can also be OPified into QuadCast if one were so inclined.

Haven't finished much else as life has gotten busy once more but I can give u what I've got so far.

Omnir, your mod gave me about 100 hours of Terraria on top of the 100+ I already had. My friends and I have played this game to utter death but your mod brought us straight back in.

And the fact that you're porting this to another API the THIRD time is waaaay beyond the call of duty for a modder.

You absolutely rawk, and if there's anything I can do to help with this, like testing or anything like that, let me know. Really appreciate what you're doing and playing this with my girlfriend with a few other TModloader mods is going to be the greatest Terraria experience ever, and probably one of the greatest PC gaming experiences I've had in 20 years of gaming. Sounds like I'm being ridiculous but I'm not! Terraria is fantastic and modded Terraria is an experience like no other.

Thank you, Omnir.

Also - I made an account just to thank you.

I want to make a suggestion, since you need to rework your mod for 1.3.1, i thinks its good oportunity to revamp some of the mod balance again :D, i would strongly advise for trying to make mobs of your mod or at least bosses, stronger/greater tier and better loot than standard terraria bosses, at least some of them. When you made this mod for 1.1 a lot of creatures where far beyond standard terraria ones which rather than replacing some of the progression ways, increased the whole progression at all, and it felt awesome. In my opinion Chaos boss difficulity and loot should be made on par with moonlord :D also you could make defeating chaos as point where big powerful monsters start to spawn reliably, especially in hell.

Can you give us an estimated release time? Also will you release like a beta before the full version because I can't wait to play Terraria again! (It's so boring without Nostaglia) :sigh:

Looking forward to seeing this mod return! It was one of my favorite mods which I sadly could never finish, due to a nasty data corruption. Seems I will be able to when it comes out for tmodloader! And now I wait.

Can you give us an estimated release time? Also will you release like a beta before the full version because I can't wait to play Terraria again! (It's so boring without Nostaglia) :sigh:
Working on it, but slowly. I haven't checked to see if Tmodloader has updated to 1.3.1

No proper date, but Zero-Exodus has helped a ton with getting started, again. if everything were to go smooth from here (HA!), I'd say end of June. Realistically, I'd push for Late July, but that's not a promise :<

while i dont remember too much of this mod, i can remember it was fun, and bloody hard. i imagine due to 1.3's advancements late game, that you will have to rebalance the enemies to be far stronger.
Yep. Lots of rebalancing will need to be done -- but thankfully, we have an expert mode, now : D

Working on it, but slowly. I haven't checked to see if Tmodloader has updated to 1.3.1

No proper date, but Zero-Exodus has helped a ton with getting started, again. if everything were to go smooth from here (HA!), I'd say end of June. Realistically, I'd push for Late July, but that's not a promise :<

Woohoo! I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom