Terraria: Otherworld On a Quest for Otherworldy News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-Logic and Engine, this looks great and I cannot wait to buy my official ticket on the hype train. :D

I do believe that they are trying to get both released at the same time. I'm guessing that there isn't any overlapping of the patches, so console and pc don't have to wait for each other.

Will Terraria: Other World run on Steam, or have its own launcher?

It was confirmed by Loki I believe on one of the Terraria Otherworld discussion threads that the PC game would be released on Steam at the very least. Can't find which post it was at the moment. Since that's the main way the original Terraria was distributed.

I'm more curious about if it will be released on GOG at the same time as Steam since I plan to buy it just from GOG this time. I don't remember reading an official confirmation that it would also release on GOG initially. What are the plans of getting Terraria: Otherworld on GOG at this time?

Wait a minute: (plays illuminati music and zooms into left side of picture) DUN-QUESTS-DUN-DUN
[DOUBLEPOST=1442782683,1442782668][/DOUBLEPOST]WHAT ARE DOSE

@Loki how much will Terraria: Otherworld cost? I know it's going to be a much more bigger game, so I'm guessing around 15$? That's what I think.

No price points have been determined yet.

But they share pretty much the same style, which is probably because they were drawn by the same person, if I'm not mistaking? Anyway Starbound's sprites are just bigger...

There is zero overlap between anyone working on SB and anyone working on this project.

What? No. I'm "sighing" because the game isn't even out on PC yet and they're already selling out again. They could've at least outsourced the console versions like they did with Terraria. If they're working on all 3 versions, they aren't giving 100% to the PC version.

Plus I get the feeling the PC version is the one getting ported, not the console versions. If that's the case, welcome to the club Re-Logic.

If "selling out" is defined as making sure as many people as possible get to enjoy our games and their subsequent free updates (by way of reference, console Terrarians by themselves make up a rather large portion of the community), then guilty as charged, I suppose. :p

@Tunnel King addressed the other bits well. Whereas T1 was originally intended to be a PC-only title, with a third party coming later on to seek the ability to port the PC game over to other platforms, T: OW has been built with a more broad end in mind. That yields efficiency - in resources, in time, and so on. I'm not even sure "port" is the right terminology in this instance, to be honest. Its like the difference between making an existing car fly and designing a flying car from the ground up. ;)

But, hey, in the end, our aim is to launch an awesome game that is available to as many people as possible/feasible. Once you play it, we are sure you guys will not be shy to let us know what you think. :)

Will Terraria: Other World run on Steam, or have its own launcher?

Yes, it will be on Steam.

We have not determined any other platforms at this time. Those decisions would be made based upon technical feasibility, smart use of available resources, and so on.

Is there going to be an open beta or demo of this anytime soon or at all?
No. :3

what the hell is that sigh all about?

do you have something against the console fans getting this game?
What? No. I'm "sighing" because the game isn't even out on PC yet and they're already selling out again. They could've at least outsourced the console versions like they did with Terraria. If they're working on all 3 versions, they aren't giving 100% to the PC version.

Plus I get the feeling the PC version is the one getting ported, not the console versions. If that's the case, welcome to the club Re-Logic.

But they share pretty much the same style, which is probably because they were drawn by the same person, if I'm not mistaking? Anyway Starbound's sprites are just bigger...

Can we not turn this into PC vs Console please? The statement in question has been addressed - by myself and others.

Let's just move on from that now. :)

If "selling out" is defined as making sure as many people as possible get to enjoy our games and their subsequent free updates (by way of reference, console Terrarians by themselves make up a rather large portion of the community), then guilty as charged, I suppose.

Nice theory. But we both know there's more to it than that.

what the hell is that sigh all about?

do you have something against the console fans getting this game?

Yes.

Nice theory. But we both know there's more to it than that.

We do? I know no such thing. All I would do at this point is reiterate what I said previously.

That's a shame that you feel that way. Our goal is to bring it to as much of the fanbase as we can without compromising on the quality of the game. If that is somehow counter to your beliefs, then I suppose we are at an impasse of sorts. :)

Not much else to say, so I'll return the thread to everyone. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom