On Strange Plants...

So the plants had 3 changes to them in 1.3.0.4...
  • ALL dye plants now glow while spelunker potion is in use
  • The strange plants and dye plant checks are now exclusive to each other, this means normal dye plants can be near strange plants freely
  • the strange plants distance check from each other was reduced from 700ft to 480ft
Hope you'll all have fun finding them and getting @Skiphs 's fantastic dyes.

• The strange plants and dye plant checks are now exclusive to each other, this means normal dye plants can be near strange plants freely
  • the strange plants distance check from each other was reduced from 700ft to 480ft
Thank you so much. We love you (no homo)

Thanks, this is much better, getting a strange plant without resorting to farm tactics was almost impossible. I'll still leave my sky dirt bridge around see if it works just as fine.

lol although bombing the world down to 0 level was fun, I would much rather resort to less, ... drastic measures

Aw, I personally enjoyed having to explore my world and clear out the dye plants (I mean you technically need tons of all of them to get every dye anyways) still, I'm glad that everyone else can be happy and get lots of Strange plants now as well! :D

Oh, thank you so much!
You guys rock!

Now for the RNG to kill me when I get a bunch of plants: ALL THE NEGATIVE DYE AND ONLY NEGATIVE DYE :p

1. I believe that they grow occasionally as it would be quite (excuse me for lack of a better term) awkward to only have a set number on a world because on a multiplayer world, everyone, including me, would want those dyes.
2. I do believe they can appear on anything but mushroom biome blocks or grass. I've never seen any of the strange plants anywhere near these places. However, I could be wrong.
3.As I stated above, I believe they can appear anywhere, I found a couple on floating islands and underground as well as on the surface ( I have quite a bit of time on Terraria).
4.I am about 97% sure that there are no worlds that do not have these strange plants.

A couple of where I found mine.
On a sky island growing on the grass, I was then brutally murdered by a wyvern. :D
On a cactus in the desert. (It was purplish and pink and really weird.) This might've been a bug or something as my friends say it cannot grow on cacti.
On the sand near the ocean. :)

I hope this helps, keep looking! The Dyes are really sweet! Cheers ~ !

I found mirage dye right after the patch came out.
And I found another blue acid. Blue acid looks really cool though.

Ok so I just resumed my 1.3 playthrough after being gone for a week or so and I had just started. Right off the bat I go right to start exploring, and I find a STRANGE PLANT. I screenshotted it, but not sure how I can get a steam screenshot to here. IF you want to check it out, my steam is dat platypus custom idea Heiisenburg.

I love how all the strange plants I got netted me gold dye.
I gave him like 30 plants total by now, all i get are reflective variations, 3 types of acid, glowing mushroom and some mirages. The guy just won't give me anything else.

Back
Top Bottom