Blocks & Decoration One Heck of a Big Suggestion: Aquariums

This just gave me a idea. for giant tanks for your fishies to swim in. But i dont want to post it cause i get accused of copying

But this is a great idea!

Though, I fear the fish population ends up severely reduced, and that's no good :(
Luckily, in Terraria, there are infinite fish! :p

Seriously... I can fish in a 4x4 hole for days on end and I won't ever find any fewer fish... makes fishing super convenient. :happy:

Luckily, in Terraria, there are infinite fish! :p

Seriously... I can fish in a 4x4 hole for days on end and I won't ever find any fewer fish... makes fishing super convenient. :happy:
Seems like fishes can reproduce infinitely in Terraria :D!

If only if it was like that in real life...

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, a 4x4 hole is too little water to fish, so of course you won't find any fewer fish at the end than at the beginning ;)

This is one of the best ideas! i have always wanted to do this in Terraria!
super duper Support!!
images

Last edited:
a small idea, i have already supported this suggestion , but i have another idea for it.

how about some kind of large aquarium, it would be able to house more than just one fish of that biome.
its crafting recipe could be the 3 or 2 terrariums instead of one, or the angler might have a small chance to give them as rewards.

Full support

But an aquarium with multiple fishes would be cool. Especially when you can fish Neon Tetras, a fish which needs atleast 9 more in the aquarium to, "live"?

Also, a bit more "normal" aquarium fishes would be great too!

This suggestion kind of makes me sad... It is fantastic and I want it to be in the game so much. But reality is it's unlikely to be implemented.

But it gives me hope too: I really hope it is implementated! Honestly, if I could pick just one suggestion from these forums to be implemented, I think it would be this one.

At first I was confused as to why you would need a specific crafting station JUST to make aquariums, but then seeing all the different type of aquariums it made a little more sense, but I still don't think it needs it's own crafting station.
Also speaking of requiring biome specific items to make the purifier, should regular terrariums have the same thing? Like penguin terrariums require a few snow blocks and ect.

Another GREAT suggestion, I love it. This makes me want to fish so that my bunnies and birdies can have some aquatic friends! (Yes, I catch bunnies and birds and stuff. Don't judge me!)

At first I was confused as to why you would need a specific crafting station JUST to make aquariums, but then seeing all the different type of aquariums it made a little more sense, but I still don't think it needs it's own crafting station.
The new crafting station is to gate the Aquariums as a fishing reward. The other option would have been to reward the player with a material which is used to craft Aquariums, but materials are expendable a crafting station is not, so I went with it instead.
Also speaking of requiring biome specific items to make the purifier, should regular terrariums have the same thing? Like penguin terrariums require a few snow blocks and ect.
I'd have no problem with adding some biome-specific materials to existing Terrariums. Nice idea!

I think the filter materials can be skipped and just have those materials involved with the final crafting of the aquarium. As each filter has only one use, I don't feel they deserve to be their own item, all that does is double the amount of crafting for the same thing. For example, you have 6 iron bars, 10 silt, and 5 coral, with 3 terrariums, with 3 crafts you have a normal, deep water, and salt water aquariums, rather than having to craft each 3 filters, then craft the 3 aquariums from there. To me it's like having to craft several pieces of a sword, the handle, the guard, and the blade, to then craft the sword. Copper Handle, Copper Guard, Copper Blade, Copper Sword, Iron Handle, Iron Guard, Iron Blade, Iron Sword, etc. Much more simple just to make the recipe ore bars with wood.

Also, I think we have too many crafting stations, especially since we got all those furniture set specific ones. Not really sure why we'd use a water purifier just to recontaminate for a corrupt aquarium. Think it would be better just to make the crafting station a tile of water, like for bottled water and mud. It's not like decorative items need to be gated. I definitely prefer them not, or at least, not require too much time to obtain. 40 quests at 24 minutes per quest is too long. 16 hours. :dryadconfused:

Other than that, I'd love to have aquariums. I only wish we could have aquarium tiles so we can shape them how we want, but I'm not sure about how to deal with the fish.

I think the filter materials can be skipped and just have those materials involved with the final crafting of the aquarium. As each filter has only one use, I don't feel they deserve to be their own item, all that does is double the amount of crafting for the same thing. For example, you have 6 iron bars, 10 silt, and 5 coral, with 3 terrariums, with 3 crafts you have a normal, deep water, and salt water aquariums, rather than having to craft each 3 filters, then craft the 3 aquariums from there. To me it's like having to craft several pieces of a sword, the handle, the guard, and the blade, to then craft the sword. Copper Handle, Copper Guard, Copper Blade, Copper Sword, Iron Handle, Iron Guard, Iron Blade, Iron Sword, etc. Much more simple just to make the recipe ore bars with wood.
So you think there should just be a generic Aquarium Filter? So it would be Iron + Terrarium + Biome Material = Biome Aquarium? That would work, but then it would waste Zoomo's cool Filter sprites. :( I don't want the filters left out.
Also, I think we have too many crafting stations, especially since we got all those furniture set specific ones. Not really sure why we'd use a water purifier just to recontaminate for a corrupt aquarium. Think it would be better just to make the crafting station a tile of water, like for bottled water and mud. It's not like decorative items need to be gated. I definitely prefer them not, or at least, not require too much time to obtain. 40 quests at 24 minutes per quest is too long. 16 hours. :dryadconfused:
Something like Aquariums, which are more fish related than most of the Angler's furniture rewards and much more comprehensive, are very justified in being a gated Angler reward. As for why I gated it with a crafting station, see the post above.

At least 40 not as bad as trying to get a Hotline Fishing Hook (which takes an average of 175 quests, or 70 hours total game time), but since you brought this up, I think I need to make a suggestion thread about increasing the reward rate of the Hotline and allowing the Angler to hand out 2 quests a day. The total amount of game time involved is actually really concerning once you face the facts.

A dumb story for anyone interested:

Went into the main post to update the formatting to proper Szuggestion thread code, except it wouldn't let me edit my post and I was thwarted by the spam filter each time. I could hit "Edit" and "Save Changes" without even touching the RTE and it will still cause problems. So after being puzzled over by me and Leinfors, we dissected the post to find the problem area. Turns out it was the sprite for the Honey Block, and the problem was solved by replacing the sprite in exactly the same way I inserted it in the first place. :confused:

Anyways, it's all over now. The main post now has its proper format and the universe is at peace once again. :p

Back
Top Bottom