I know this is WAAAAY down the line but is it possible for any cut content to be returned to the game or are those items just supposed to be forgotten forever ?
And since one terraria is the true experience I mean return to PC xbone and PS4.
Well, Cenx said this in the opening post:
- These tweaks make possible that the remaining content may see its way onto PC, finally yielding a true "One Terraria" experience once the "catch up" effort is completed.
- Console-Exclusive mobs will be removed in their entirety.
- Most of these were reskins/recolors that do not fit into vision and balance of the game. There is a chance that a few of the more interesting will be revisited at a later date.
- Console-exclusive Pets will be removed from the game
- There is a chance that a few of these will be revisited at a later date and re-added to the game with revamped art and/or AI.
This is all very early, and ENTIRELY subject to the final decision of Red, Cenx, and the rest of the ReLogic team, but to restate, yes, some
of the content will be considered for how it could be improved/redone for possible reincorporation at a later date*
. I don't have the authority or decision making rights here, but I'm personally interested in this goal. The Console Pets are a mixed bag; they (mostly, and I'm glarin' at you Tiphia) are Pets which do not exist in any form in original ReLogic content. However, their overall design, mechanics, and sometimes art leave a lot to be desired. So the ideal scenario would be an improved
version of a Pet which brings these unique options back to the game, but without the lackluster implementation they had previously. Again, and I cannot clarify this enough
. . . this is an ideal scenario and ultimately, the decision may be made to include none of these. But I can say I'm genuinely interested in pushing for that ideal if it is at all possible.
*The reason its being decided at a later date is because it would take attention away from getting 1.3 out the door as clean and as soon as possible. These implementations would require artist and coder time, which is much better spent focusing on releasing the update, rather than delaying to include a few pets and such. Once that has been taken care of, along with continuing development, we can reassess these options with more focus!