One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed with the news about Ocram. Is someone trying to sabotage the console release? Next your going to tell us 1.3 part 2 will be coming in Q2 2018.

Disappointed with the news about Ocram. Is someone trying to sabotage the console release? Next your going to tell us 1.3 part 2 will be coming in Q2 2018.

I mean...

Ocram.......OR.........loads of new weapons/armor/enemies new events/bosses.

You've been told exactly why he is going away. Its impractical to try and write him into the PC version at this point.

Would you prefer he stay and get nothing new?

And be honest, if you are an end-of-game player, Ocram is a total joke. Even Fishron is a joke for end-of-game players, and he is BY FAR the most difficult enemy currently on the console version. Console is in dire need of new more difficult game play.

I really hope the update is out this week or next it would make me ecstatic and I can't wait to play it and grind for a lot of cool stuff

I mean...

You've been told exactly why he is going away. Its impractical to try and write him into the PC version at this point.

Is anything truly "new". I mean... it has been on PC for years now. I am stumped that they decided to implement the Frost Legion over Ocram into the new build... talking about underwhelming and disappointing events...

Anyways I have disabled automatic updates. If I feel like playing 1.3 later down the road (again) I will just play it on my laptop. I'd rather be able to access the console content than lose it. Besides. Ocram was the only reason I got the console edition :mad:

Last edited:
To me, these made sense once upon a time in 2012/2013 when PC development had halted and they were endgame. (Still never liked them, but I guess they had some place in progression). Now, they don't even have that last bit if you look at them carefully in a post 1.3 world. Its a mishmosh of odd alternates, reskins, some really odd imbalanced things, and a boss fight that kinda falls flat (for me at least).

In the end, a closer experience that could yield faster updates and a community that is sharing a FAR more similar experience (dare I hope that this brings even PC and console gamers closer together?!?! :eek:)... the benefits of that FAR outweigh the minor pain of losing some obsolete and less inspired content.

(I know others will disagree, but that is just my take having played both console and PC since their inception)

Anyway, super excited to see what console Terrarians make of the update when it comes out - it is unprecedented to fully rewrite the entire codebase for an existing and top-selling game on console. Lots of time, effort, energy, resources, etc going into this - and with what I have seen so far, I am pretty confident you guys are gonna love it. :)

Hopefully not too much longer until we find out.
Hey I’m wondering if my world could be corrupted file kind if I have the banner and the console exclusives
[doublepost=1507159677,1507159559][/doublepost]
What about Console/Mobile exclusive EVENTS? will they be removed as well, or added to PC? (looking at you Turkor and Lepis!)
Lol I know what you mean
[doublepost=1507159804][/doublepost]
I mean...

And be honest, if you are an end-of-game player, Ocram is a total joke. Even Fishron is a joke for end-of-game players, and he is BY FAR the most difficult enemy currently on the console version. Console is in dire need of new more difficult game play.
Oh buddy only time should tell

Hey I’m wondering if my world could be corrupted file kind if I have the banner and the console exclusives
[doublepost=1507159677,1507159559][/doublepost]
Lol I know what you mean
[doublepost=1507159804][/doublepost]
Oh buddy only time should tell
Hi there @Godzilla9877, welcome to the forums. :)

Just a tip for going forward... You can reply to multiple people in the same post. Click the "+Quote" button under each post that you want to quote, then the "Insert Quotes" button. Or, a different way to do that is to click "Reply" under each post you want to reply to, then reply to them all in one post.

You can also use the "Edit" button on your own post if you need to add something to it after you've already posted it. That is much preferred rather than double or quadruple posting.

If you have any questions, you can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar at the bottom.

Hey @Loki , Q3 has come and gone. I know the team is working hard to get the update out, but the silence is deafening. All I need is to hear from somebody that progress is being made. I can't seem to shake the feeling that this is going to die and not happen.
yes I see I have been waiting three years for this update and I’m patient with it but other people are not

They all called me crazy for keeping those extra banners. We will see who is laughing now.
Im willing to trade for those extra banners you have. 100 platinum? A lucky coin? Im up for anything.
[doublepost=1507161849,1507161759][/doublepost]
They all called me crazy for keeping those extra banners. We will see who is laughing now.[/QUOTE if you play xbox one, my gamer tag is truman goodwin.

Hey, Cenx, you should tell the dev team to make something after this update that's sorta like the Better Together update thingy for Minecraft:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Better_Together_Update
The dev team by itself can't make something like this happen, it takes cooperation from the platform makers. It's far less a technological barrier than it is a business/competitive barrier.

'Better Together Update' works for Minecraft because one company (Microsoft) owns the game on all platforms as well as two of the largest platforms it plays on (Win10 and XBox One). Microsoft gets all of the benefit out of that deal. Partnering with Nintendo on the Switch is nice, but Sony isn't anywhere to be seen.

Until the platform makers set aside their own interests to allow cross-platform play to thrive, things like BTU are going to be very rare occurrences.

The dev team by itself can't make something like this happen, it takes cooperation from the platform makers. It's far less a technological barrier than it is a business/competitive barrier.

'Better Together Update' works for Minecraft because one company (Microsoft) owns the game on all platforms as well as two of the largest platforms it plays on (Win10 and XBox One). Microsoft gets all of the benefit out of that deal. Partnering with Nintendo on the Switch is nice, but Sony isn't anywhere to be seen.

Until the platform makers set aside their own interests to allow cross-platform play to thrive, things like BTU are going to be very rare occurrences.

So since cross-platform isn't the real interest here then why are the developers so inclined to make the console edition exactly like the PC edition? Especially since the console exclusive content was the main interest of people buying a console copy of the game.

So since cross-platform isn't the real interest here then why are the developers so inclined to make the console edition exactly like the PC edition? Especially since the console exclusive content was the main interest of people buying a console copy of the game.
No that's not why I bought the game for console exclusives, I bought it because it was Terraria and to be honest I didn't like the console exclusives because they felt out of place from PC.

I don't know about that. When I bought my copy of Terraria for console it was because it supported controllers, and PC at the time didn't. I'd wager a lot of people couldn't have cared less about the exclusives, especially since they're just palette swaps.

Because console and mobile players have been begging for the 1.3 content since it came out?

I don't think there's a real basis to claim that console players bought that version solely for the small amount of exclusive content. 1.3 content is far, far larger than the exclusive content. Most likely they buy that version because that's the platform they have and/or prefer, plus the split-screen co-op capability.

Making the code as close as possible on all platforms eases the process of bringing updated content to all platforms more quickly.

If it were as simple as build a little extra code to make cross-play happen, it would have already been done, along with a great number of other games. But it's not worth doing even that until Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo give a hint that they're ready to allow that beyond a chosen few publicity stunts like BTU.

Couldn't you modify Ocram to be a mechanical variant for Brain of Cthulu? As of yet, he is the only one of the main 3 world bosses (Eater/Brain, Eye, Skeletron) that has no mechanical version for Hard Mode.

that will be cool,and unlike minecraft ,our better together wont be rushed and buggy.
Exactly what I meant! I also wish that they'd do the same thing Terraria is doing and get all the stuff on all platforms, but, I guess this is the TERRARIA forums, not the MINECRAFT forums, so this isn't really the place.
[doublepost=1507232760,1507232638][/doublepost]

Hey, buddy, what I meant by 'the dev team' wuz like all the platform companies cooperating, bruh, so yeah. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom