One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the plan is to submit before the end of Q3 rather than release the update by the end of Q3? That still sounds like a delay to me.

But whatever, the removal of the trashy exclusives are for the best I guess. Outside of dragon armor bae I couldn't care less but I do have one major question.

Gravity Globe. Will we still get to keep our Gravity Globes? I know it's not supposed to be in but I personally always thought of it as an apology gift for the god awful 1.2 launch way back in the day.
I would assume it would go to the PC 1.3 state of becoming expert-mode moonlord loot.

Could you elaborate on "PC exclusives"? Are you referring to things which came after 1.3?

no i simply mean things before 1.3 that pc has different some armors having higher/lower stats compared to pc or some armors being vanity in one version and armor in another just small things like this also will the moonshell/celestial shell werewolf/merfolk appearance be able to to be hidden like in pc(on consoles if you set the visibility for moon shell off the werewolf appearance is still present)also it would be cool if consoles had support for mods like pc(the diffrence being that you would have officially licensed mods instead of ones that are made by modders but maybe you could submit your own mods kind of like fallout 4 and Skyrim(preety please?)

no i simply mean things before 1.3 that pc has different some armors having higher/lower stats compared to pc or some armors being vanity in one version and armor in another just small things like this also will the moonshell/celestial shell werewolf/merfolk appearance be able to to be hidden like in pc(on consoles if you set the visibility for moon shell off the werewolf appearance is still present)also it would be cool if consoles had support for mods like pc(the diffrence being that you would have officially licensed mods instead of ones that are made by modders but maybe you could submit your own mods kind of like fallout 4 and Skyrim(preety please?)

Those aren't exclusives, the majority of that is just "not in this version yet". As versions are updated, the game will catch up with PC in terms of these minor variations.

We also currently don't have any formal mod support even for PC, let alone Console, just to put that second request into perspective.

Ocram has needed to go for a long time (pretty much since console 1.2). Kinda sad to see the pets going, though. I always found the guinea pig really cute, but the rest seemed like they'd be better off as summoning weapons. Perhaps the bat, zombie, and werewolf could help fill in some of the gaps in summoner progression?

Goodbye Ocram, I never was interested in this guy anyway.
maybe we can have Ocram as a PC mod after this? meh...
Anyway, I'm happy you finally noticed, I wasn't interested in the few exclusive items, maybe cross play between all versions might be thing after all.

Those aren't exclusives, the majority of that is just "not in this version yet". As versions are updated, the game will catch up with PC in terms of these minor variations.

We also currently don't have any formal mod support even for PC, let alone Console, just to put that second request into perspective.

i know and it would be a good idea to implement them eventually if it ever becomes viable(another problem with that however is that some mods may be unstable but im sure this would be a minor issue only with the main issue being coding) but i can dream lol

Goodbye Ocram, I never was interested in this guy anyway.
maybe we can have Ocram as a PC mod after this? meh...
Anyway, I'm happy you finally noticed, I wasn't interested in the few exclusive items, maybe cross play between all versions might be thing after all.
It's actually against the forum rules to mod in both console exclusive and removed items.

So, for the record (and this is a true story)

I showed my wife the initial PS3 trailer for Terraria, and what sold her on it was the cute little squeaking guinea pig at the end of it. We have like 8 guinea pigs, so it sold us immediately.

We literally bought a PS3 and the terraria game because of that little squeaking guinea pig, and so we could play with the kids. Granted we got tons of use out of both anyways, but I'd be a little miffed if the pets and stuff were removed when it was in one of the official promotional videos.

I'd rather see pet assets passed to the other versions. Occram doesn't fit in PC content, for example, but pets sure could. (It'd be nice if we got some squeaks from it like we heard in the video, while we're on the topic)

#fringevoter

I want to know about 360 save transfers. How will this feature be affected by the update. Will you still be able to pull your 360 saves over just like we have been for all this time?

I really hope we see the Guinea Pig pet again in the future, by far my favorite console pet, as it was the only one with an exclusive sprite, and the summoning item for the pet was quite cool as well! Also, I have one more question. Will the vanity sets from the traveling merchant only be sold in hardmode, or will they be sold in pre-hardmode, with appropriate pricings, of course. All three pieces of the vanity set would be included, I presume.

Last edited:
Will exit without saving remain in the game? I know you cannot do that on PC without closing the game. Will we have to close Terraria to exit without saving?
[doublepost=1505248255,1505248138][/doublepost]
To me, these made sense once upon a time in 2012/2013 when PC development had halted and they were endgame. (Still never liked them, but I guess they had some place in progression). Now, they don't even have that last bit if you look at them carefully in a post 1.3 world. Its a mishmosh of odd alternates, reskins, some really odd imbalanced things, and a boss fight that kinda falls flat (for me at least).

In the end, a closer experience that could yield faster updates and a community that is sharing a FAR more similar experience (dare I hope that this brings even PC and console gamers closer together?!?! :eek:)... the benefits of that FAR outweigh the minor pain of losing some obsolete and less inspired content.

(I know others will disagree, but that is just my take having played both console and PC since their inception)

Anyway, super excited to see what console Terrarians make of the update when it comes out - it is unprecedented to fully rewrite the entire codebase for an existing and top-selling game on console. Lots of time, effort, energy, resources, etc going into this - and with what I have seen so far, I am pretty confident you guys are gonna love it. :)

Hopefully not too much longer until we find out.

How would split screen work anyways when PCs don't support multiple mouse and keyboard inputs intended for different sources.

Will exit without saving remain in the game? I know you cannot do that on PC without closing the game. Will we have to close Terraria to exit without saving?
[doublepost=1505248255,1505248138][/doublepost]

How would split screen work anyways when PCs don't support multiple mouse and keyboard inputs intended for different sources.
it won't work with pcs because its on console only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom