One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by Cenx, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TheNamelessFace

TheNamelessFace Official Terrarian

It would be nice to see him added to pc as well as some kind of easter egg. Maybe if you were to, for example, summon golem on a blood moon, ocram would spawn instead.

The Cakemaster likes this.
  2. TheTorrent

TheTorrent Terrarian

Hey guys, bit of help needed.

So I just fell back in love with the mobile Terreria and I checked in the App Store and it says that the last update is over a year ago. Is the game still continued? Or has it been neglected and discontinued?

3. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

It's still continued. There have been some big delays getting the next update out.

The next patch for mobile will be built off the newest version of the console port and will include content from PC patch 1.3. Unfortunately getting the bugs ironed out has been problematic. However every bugfix for consoles translates to a bug that should come already squashed for mobile on release.

More mobile support is coming. You just need some more patience.

Nike Leon likes this.
  4. KPPlayz1763

KPPlayz1763 Terrarian

Im not too affected by this updates removal, I never liked spectral/arch enemies, they would always get in the way. The arch wyvern was like an early hard mode boss, it was quicker, stronger, and harder to deal with, especially if you don’t have wings. I can understand why you would remove them though, it is sort of like the minecraft better together update where all console were given the same thing, except for a different UI.

Keep on going to finishing IOS 1.3, I’m counting on it.

5. Rednax35

Rednax35 Terrarian

Tbh I'm not sad to see most of this go.
    All Ocram really was was a buffed and retextured Eye of Cthulhu that fired lasers and wouldn't stop spawning minions even in the second phase.
    Although I am going to miss the pets, especially the Slime and the Guinea Pig. (Yes I know of the Slime staff, but it's useless later in the game and is incredibly rare). Some of these pets were the Summoner's Class before the Summoner's class
    I won't miss the exclusive enemies at all. They were pretty much a beginnner's trap. They made going into places like the Jungle a pain.
    And not to mention, the exclusive weapons and gear are all overshadowed by the 1.2 and 1.3 weapons and gear
    And grinding for the Suspicious Looking Skull was a pain in the neck.

Smith27, Cirom and Jmatt_8321 like this.
  6. Drake katchadorian

Drake katchadorian Skeletron Prime

I'm not gonna be affected on my ds cuz Appearenlty ds isn't gonna get an update

Kojiro_S likes this.
  7. ShilohShepherds

ShilohShepherds Terrarian

Terraria's console update is awesome (all the major bugs eats away a lot of my excitement though)! Such a shame about Ocram (I am kind of really disapointed). I always had a lot of fun defeating him with my friends. I thought Ocram and his drops would become an add-on or mod you can buy/download on console (and maybe a few other platforms). That way he could still be avalible for players who really wanted him. The way you handled the changes is great though. Keep up the good work!

TheRealNneonZz likes this.
  8. LeftyRedd

LeftyRedd Terrarian

I'm just happy I got all the exclusive enemy banners before 1.3 came out. Plus the Ocram trophy. And I think the mask too. I can't remember if he has a mask or not .XD

Clockwork Alpha likes this.
  9. Skillednoob

Skillednoob Terrarian

well, now I need to get some sparkly wings.
    RIP Sharanga, you will be missed, I do feel it kind of messed up the balance, though.

10. Ethacon

Ethacon Plantera

Sorry to post in such an old thread, But I have a pitch for a way to revise ocram so he doesn't have to stay away forever.

New and Improved Ocram:
    Replace the Destroyer on Crimson worlds, the Destroyer would be a corruption exclusive world.
    Would drop the same souls as the destroyer
    similar difficulty to the destroyer.
    Appearance changed to look more like a mechanical Brain of Cthulhu.

11. Yello_Xplorer

Yello_Xplorer Plantera

I do hope One Terraria allows us to play together across platforms, so one dude plays on console, another on Switch, and one on PC. Someone pray for this stuff.
    That'll just be called The Dominator, sort of. Nyeh, Ocram will be back sometime, somehow!

12. LeftyRedd

LeftyRedd Terrarian

I think people should let Ocram go. It was meh anyway.

Proto Persona likes this.
  13. ED209

ED209 Plantera

I just liked the symmetry of the BoC having a hardmode variant. Now my trophy placements don't make sense anymore.

14. LeftyRedd

LeftyRedd Terrarian

But it'll make sense to you and that's all that matters. And asymmetry is where it's at anyway. :)

15. klarke234

klarke234 Terrarian

I agree with you on one part. They really should remove the exclusive enemies like arch enemies and spectral enemies, but I love Ocram. He may not fit in, but that's why I like him. He is also really fun to battle. And the removal of pets will be sad. (Btw I'm talking about mobile)

Smith27 likes this.
  16. GAMINGPEA_64

GAMINGPEA_64 Skeletron

Please, dont get rid of Ocram. I've been there since he was first added. Please. I can beg.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2018 ---
    Plus, this is a world with giant gods from space, aliens, cults, literal demons and the wall version of Satan, a gaint worm, a scentient eye, zombies, flying islands, a dungeon and unicorns. How does ocram not fit in? Anything goes in terraria.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2018 ---
    Without Ocram, i feel like a hero without a villian. A Yin with no Yang. A bull fighter with no bull to fight. A gun with no bullets. A shoe with no sock. To put it simply, i feel like my world isnt complete without Ocram.

17. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

Ocram wasn't removed because he didn't fit in, and he wasn't there from the beginning of PC, which is the platform ReLogic cares about most. Ocram was pulled for 2 main reasons: because he wasn't on PC, and ReLogic felt he wasn't well made enough to get added to PC. Ocram was created by the former console port devs, and I get the feeling ReLogic was never happy about that.

Techdude594 likes this.
  18. FatReuniclus

FatReuniclus Plantera

That's what Moon Lord is for. He's the ACTUAL final boss of Terraria made by the real team. It's the quality--not the concept--that makes Ocram stick out. Just like all of the pallette swapped enemies and resprited gear, it doesn't match the polish the rest of the game has. Maybe it was acceptable early on, but the rest of the game has improved, leaving the console exclusives looking cheap and lazy.

Techdude594 likes this.
  19. Ignis55

Ignis55 Skeletron Prime

Ocram lacks a true menacing presence. I think if he had his own identity he'd be more relevant. As of right now he's nothing more than a more angry Eye of Cthulhu. I think IF he were reiterated I'd make him more like "Sinistar". More menacing. Give him a tractor beam style chomp that deals a metric ton of damage upon hit. The laser rain is cool but I think a bigger death ray would be better. He would need to be more of a threat rather than just a resprited Eye of Cthulhu. He's got potential as a boss but would need a complete overhaul. With the current end game armor..hell even 1.2 end game armor he's a pushover.

20. Yello_Xplorer

Yello_Xplorer Plantera

Ocram was good at his time, best drops for endgame. But as 1.2.4 rolled out, Ocram has to start retiring by then. Sweet Grandpa Ocram.