One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably looked over someone asking this, but will the 3ds version be unaffected by this? Will it keep Ocram and all the other stuff? Sorry if this is an annoying question.
3DS is unaffected. This change only affects XBox One, PS4, and the yet-to-be-released Switch version.

3DS isn't going to be receiving 1.3, sorry.

3DS is unaffected. This change only affects XBox One, PS4, and the yet-to-be-released Switch version.

3DS isn't going to be receiving 1.3, sorry.

Oh, I already know 3ds won't be updated to 1.3, I think I just interpreted that these things will be removed from all versions.

Guess I understood wrong, that's all.

Will all of the console exclusive tracks (such as the Queen Bee/ Ocram theme being used for the EoC) be changed to resemble the PC version? For example, the surface ice biome has the same music as the underground ice biome on console, whereas there is a completely different theme for the surface and underground versions of the ice biome on PC. Will all of these tracks be changed to match their PC counter parts? I am not saying that the console exclusive music be removed altogether, as many console themes are present on the PC version, as of PC version 1.2.

I woulda probably wimped out and started a new game

I don't think I've ever seen devs making decisions like that. Quite unique and interesting
Trying to get in some more integrity, and doing things that feel right, even if they are difficult
Though, then there's also the crossover with Dungeon Defenders which felt slightly out of place, even if it's a ton of fun.
But I guess it's good since it has some kind of canon connection in a way

Will all of the console exclusive tracks (such as the Queen Bee/ Ocram theme being used for the EoC) be changed to resemble the PC version? For example, the surface ice biome has the same music as the underground ice biome on console, whereas there is a completely different theme for the surface and underground versions of the ice biome on PC. Will all of these tracks be changed to match their PC counter parts? I am not saying that the console exclusive music be removed altogether, as many console themes are present on the PC version, as of PC version 1.2.
I'm guessing they're just going to be removed for the time being, and in the future they might be re implemented as music boxes or something.

Well its always kind of sad to see a boss retire, but I gotta admit, I always thought Ocram was a weird one out of the bunch and kind of looked like a turd :p

Well its always kind of sad to see a boss retire, but I gotta admit, I always thought Ocram was a weird one out of the bunch and kind of looked like a turd :p

Oh Marco did not design him well, he looked like a Devil's reject exerted outta the 5th circle of hell. He had the behaviour of the Eye of Cthulu and, most of all, coulda been kind of a massive :red2:

to be honest, I'm disappointed that ocram has to go. I'm a really big mobile player, and considered beating ocram as an achievement. also, i was a big user of dragon armor, but I'm sure i can find an alternate.

I mean, it doesn't state that those items will be removed, so you may be able to have them in old worlds as legacy items or just a different crafting recipe.

I mean, it doesn't state that those items will be removed, so you may be able to have them in old worlds as legacy items or just a different crafting recipe.

It does state that all exclusive armours will be sold by the Traveling Merchant as vanity sets.

These changes are pretty understandable. I don't remember using any of the console exclusive items, so they won't be missed. The only reason I bothered fighting Ocram was the pure fact that he existed, the only thing unique about him was his sprite. I will miss most of the pets, but hey as you said they might make a return in the future. Overall I think these changes were not too game changing and it won't affect my opinion of the console at all. It was the first version of Terraria I ever played and it will always hold a special place in my heart

I'm guessing they're just going to be removed for the time being, and in the future they might be re implemented as music boxes or something.

Replying because this needs to happen.

"Ancient" music boxes would be a great prize to stuff behind something stupid-hard.

My company recently tried a "One Software" approach. A year later, the CEO was fired and we abandoned the concept. I trust Terraria won't go down the same path. :)

I haven't played Mobile or Console, but I can't help but wonder if there was possibly a missed opportunity here. Instead of removing the content entirely, rejigging it to fit Terraria PC (and making equivalent changes for Mobile/Console 1.3) seems like a better option. Maybe incorporating these things into a new Moon event like Frost/Pumpkin Moon. Or making it a bonus boss like Duke Fishron.

Probably too late to suggest that or change minds now. :(

My company recently tried a "One Software" approach. A year later, the CEO was fired and we abandoned the concept. I trust Terraria won't go down the same path. :)

I haven't played Mobile or Console, but I can't help but wonder if there was possibly a missed opportunity here. Instead of removing the content entirely, rejigging it to fit Terraria PC (and making equivalent changes for Mobile/Console 1.3) seems like a better option. Maybe incorporating these things into a new Moon event like Frost/Pumpkin Moon. Or making it a bonus boss like Duke Fishron.

Probably too late to suggest that or change minds now. :(
I know a lot of people did care about it, but I personally never liked most of the console exclusive content. When the game first came out way back when, the vast majority of it was just recolored weapons, armor and enemies with higher stats and ridiculous crafting recipes. Even the pets were mostly just recolored enemies, the only new spritework I remember there being before 1.2 was the guinea pig, orcas, and of course Ocram. As much as people might not like it, there really was just no place in the game for most of this stuff. I'm sure once 1.3 is finally out of the way though, the devs will revisit those console exclusives that were worth keeping.

I think removing ocram is a good call. He wasn't much of a challenge, and was a kind of pointless add-on.
the endgame armors that you make out of souls of blight are hardly that good either.
Saltiness aside, i think it's pretty awesome that you're trying to get rid of the gap in between pc and console/mobile updates! Really thoughtful of you guys! Terraria needs and undivided community. Then maybe the console players will learn from the PC players and be more seroius.
The only real thing I'm gonna miss is the Sharanga. That was a pretty handy weapon.
Looking forward to further progress updates!

I never owned the Console Edition, but I am waiting for the Switch Edition. I hope Terraria does a similar approach to Minecraft and the "Better Together Update" in the far future, because at this moment, I want this game to be as popular as Minecraft...

It's also possible, since the changes noted here are what's going to make Terraria jump forward in unified experiences. I could go ON and ON, but I'll save that for a thread...

Whilst I understand why this is happening, I do sorta wish some of the content could be re-implemented in some sort of way. I may have never played the console versions of Terraria, but I really like the designs of the Tizona, Arch Wyvern, and Dragon Skulls.

I know Mobile will also eventually get this treatment (as it was mentioned) and like console I never played the version, I do hope a good portion of the event vanities make there way into "One Terraria" (I'm specifically hoping for a certain un-implemented one, I would be lion if I said I didn't want it... I'm sorry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom