One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is gorges tuxedo going too ? Cause I need me a tuxedo to parade around in, I'm the classy type.
[doublepost=1505365645,1505365361][/doublepost]Ocram will be missed by me, he was the only unique hardmode boss out of most of the hardmode bosses and his design was strange compared to any other boss Wich I liked about him but it's sad that he will never be on PC now, at least I can fight him all I want on my 360.

That's where it ended up? Wait does that mean it's fixed and you can't walk around upside down in the air anymore? Whatever I'm just happy for the news!

Actually, I found out how to do that without this so called "Gravity Globe". Drink a gravitation potion and grab a hoverboard, then attempt to hover while upside down and the board will vanish which will allow you to walk horizontally until you release A/X or the gravitation buff ends.

This question has probably been answered already but will the modded community be allowed to add all of the console exclusive items, enemies and Ocram into their mods?

Last edited:
If it means we are getting that one step closer to a unified Terraria experience, I am more than fine with the loss of exclusivity. Thank you for the update and all the hard work everyone has put into making this possible. You all rock! :dryadhappy:

@Kazzymodus sorry didn't get to finish the conversation before they closed the thread. I don't plan on being on here much any more since they finally released some news, but couldnt leave it at that. All the examples you gave came after the delay announcement. The one i gave was the first and the original. Since that did not seem to get a clear message across, go here,
https://mobile.twitter.com/Terraria_Logic
scroll back through their feed until you get to may 6th then work your way back from there. You will find many, many similar quotes. It was not until after this point that there was any indicatation given that we should expect a change. I felt one was enough, since it was the original. It seems i was mistaken. However, maybe you will believe your own eyes and allow yourself to view the situation from a different perspective. Whether you can or not is irrelevent to me at this point. I got the answers i came for, so I don't have any reason to continue this discussion. Time to move on to a more dependable company.

Almost forgot @ShadowOfDarkness
This is pipeworks.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pipeworks?lang=en
They were slightly more responsible, so you'll have to go through a few months of to see their statements, but i assure you, if you go backwards, starting may 8th, you'll find they same information being broadcast. As for why i chose this as a source, we recieved the initial announcement in the forum july 2016, and the only update before the delay announcement was in january 2017. For the months between january and may, the only timing information released was through their social media accounts.

Last edited:
I am going to say goodbye to my survival bow every early hardmode, the Sharanga. Sad! Even to the mighty Ocram. I hope improvement will be the Plan B or redesigning them not removing 'cause they are good additions.

I suggest that they remove all the mobile boss exclusives 'cause they are so annoying esp. Lepus.

That is so. Older gen consoles won't be getting the new 1.3 content, but will still be playable as they are now.
That's what I was thinking. Anyone with a 360 can still beat Ocram and transfer the items you get out of it to xbox one. So no need to get in a hurry to get that stuff. If you have an xbox 360 that is.

Sound good, but until now nothing have shown things is going that way. Hopefully after 1.3 update we will be able to see thing going toward One terraria vision.

I don't mean to draw conclusions. These bosses are along the same line as Ocram: a difficult, optional boss that many people enjoy that contains exclusive content. So any clarification at all about what's going to be happening to them would be appreciated.

As the OP quote you pulled in says, no calls there have been made. Mobile is more or less its own "thing" and will always have differences and be a very different experience (even if all content were the same, this would be the case) - so the team will tackle Mobile Exclusives on their own merits. Nothing to say to that yet, as that review has not taken place. The sole focus is on getting console 1.3 out the door.

Is gorges tuxedo going too ? Cause I need me a tuxedo to parade around in, I'm the classy type.

Yes, it is gone. You always have the two tuxedo options in 1.3 (plus dyes), though. :)

After the update, will we still be able to transfer 360/ps3 saves to xb1/ps4? And will items like ocram trophy still move?

There should not be any time limit on doing so - provided Microsoft doesn't somehow end the practice of 360 - XB1 save transfers. That said, once you transfer it over, it will likely be a one-way trip (as you could not take a 1.3 save back into 1.2.4... even if MS somehow made it possible).

I don't see why Ocram can't be redone slightly so that he's an optional boss on the same tier as Duke Fishron. Change the summoning method and crafting materials for his armor. Improve the content instead of being lazy and cutting it out entirely.

It's not about "being lazy", it is about returning the game for all players to the vision that its creator intended - and being able to streamline updates (that means making console and mobile faster, not "slowing down PC" as some have speculated) and open up other potential possibilities as a result. Ocram doesn't fit on a variety of levels from art to design to AI to placement in progression. A "tweak" won't fix all of that - you would basically need to start from scratch. Couple that with the obsolescence of so much of this in a post-1.3 world, and there you go.

@Loki I just had a thought, forgive me if it isn't an original one. Could Ocram perhaps be turned into a pet item? Shrink down the sprite and give it the Bone Key AI? I'd love to have the little guy buzzing around my head.

Really, the boss fight might not be entirely interesting, but the sprite is quite good. Seems a shame to let it go to waste.

Very doubtful, but we shall see I suppose. We may have to agree to disagree on the sprite (speaking just for me personally). I have always (even before my Re-Logic days when I was just a PC & Console player at the time) found it to just be a pretty obvious "disembodied maskless predator head" - which is very meh (IMHO at least). ;)

Very doubtful, but we shall see I suppose. We may have to agree to disagree on the sprite (speaking just for me personally). I have always (even before my Re-Logic days when I was just a PC & Console player at the time) found it to just be a pretty obvious "disembodied maskless predator head" - which is very meh (IMHO at least). ;)
Thanks for the response. For the hell of it, an extra idea for the theoretical pet item's origin:

The summoning item would be a small metal file called "Ocram's Razor" (an obvious play on words) and be sold for 2 platinum by the Travelling Merchant once all 3 mechanical bosses have been defeated.

I'm really saddened by the prospect of losing my pet zombies. I love to make characters and worlds with specific themes, and I particularly love the zombie pet as it is perfect for a couple of my favorite themes. I really hope they make a comeback later. Maybe even switch them to an early game minion, so we could lead our own tiny horde. They are iconic monsters after all. Both inside and outside the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom