One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something.

Can we please (pretty, pretty?) keep the "Suspicious Looking Apple" Worm Pet, and Holy Hand Grenade? (mobile exclusives) I was so thrilled to see them, I knew EXACTLY what those were and loved them instantly, I grew up playing the WORMS games :3
We probably won't and niether will mobile for long from what this post entails.

We probably won't and niether will mobile for long from what this post entails.

Just keep in mind that we have NOT done a Mobile exclusives review, and we also realize that Mobile is a bit of a different creature than PC and Console. So its literally undecided at this time how each individual exclusive will be handled. Anything else is just guesswork until that time!

Just keep in mind that we have NOT done a Mobile exclusives review, and we also realize that Mobile is a bit of a different creature than PC and Console. So its literally undecided at this time how each individual exclusive will be handled. Anything else is just guesswork until that time!
I know this is WAAAAY down the line but is it possible for any cut content to be returned to the game or are those items just supposed to be forgotten forever ?
[doublepost=1505429593,1505429499][/doublepost]
I know this is WAAAAY down the line but is it possible for any cut content to be returned to the game or are those items just supposed to be forgotten forever ?
And since one terraria is the true experience I mean return to PC xbone and PS4.

And since one terraria is the true experience I mean return to PC xbone and PS4.
Cenx stated in the OP that it is possible that they can re-work it into the game later, but that discussion will take place at the same time, "later".

Well, Cenx said this in the opening post:

• These tweaks make possible that the remaining content may see its way onto PC, finally yielding a true "One Terraria" experience once the "catch up" effort is completed.

• Console-Exclusive mobs will be removed in their entirety.
    • Most of these were reskins/recolors that do not fit into vision and balance of the game. There is a chance that a few of the more interesting will be revisited at a later date.
  • Console-exclusive Pets will be removed from the game
    • There is a chance that a few of these will be revisited at a later date and re-added to the game with revamped art and/or AI.

This is all very early, and ENTIRELY subject to the final decision of Red, Cenx, and the rest of the ReLogic team, but to restate, yes, some of the content will be considered for how it could be improved/redone for possible reincorporation at a later date*. I don't have the authority or decision making rights here, but I'm personally interested in this goal. The Console Pets are a mixed bag; they (mostly, and I'm glarin' at you Tiphia) are Pets which do not exist in any form in original ReLogic content. However, their overall design, mechanics, and sometimes art leave a lot to be desired. So the ideal scenario would be an improved version of a Pet which brings these unique options back to the game, but without the lackluster implementation they had previously. Again, and I cannot clarify this enough . . . this is an ideal scenario and ultimately, the decision may be made to include none of these. But I can say I'm genuinely interested in pushing for that ideal if it is at all possible.

*The reason its being decided at a later date is because it would take attention away from getting 1.3 out the door as clean and as soon as possible. These implementations would require artist and coder time, which is much better spent focusing on releasing the update, rather than delaying to include a few pets and such. Once that has been taken care of, along with continuing development, we can reassess these options with more focus!

Although i havent fought ocram myself cause i mostly play on pc, and this idea has very likely already been suggested but why not add him as a fourth mechanical boss, kind of like a mechanical version of the brain of cthulu, ocram and destroyer could be swapped out just as the brain and eater of worlds are swapped depending on world type. it just sucks seeing something that could be kept and updated to be a great addition get removed. many other things to possibly get removed could have the same done to them and be eventually added to pc as well

Last edited:
Its a shame to see some things go, but revamping or remaking things that fit the balance better is better than not having it. I hope one day Ocram will be reworked as a side boss. I feel like the console exclusive pets instead of being removed, they should be added into the game in various new ways. Nonetheless the game will still be better in the update for Console and PC.

Cheers Re-logic, for making a great game.

Through all of this. I'm still wondering, for mobile when we get the update will all data be erased, or will all worlds be updated? (E.x. all viable worlds will have lunatic cultist, or the martian probe will appear) Or will we be able to keep the worlds but 1.3 stuff could only be accessed by worlds created after the 1.3 update?

Well ocram was the metal brain of cthulhu but it never got added to pc and it is being removed entirely also i kinda feel like this is copying minecrafts better together

Well ocram was the metal brain of cthulhu

Ocram is most definitely not a metal brain of cthulhu; it was created with an entirely different direction in mind by a different person, and its AI is most similar to the Eye of Cthulhu. And its quite fleshy!

Through all of this. I'm still wondering, for mobile when we get the update will all data be erased, or will all worlds be updated? (E.x. all viable worlds will have lunatic cultist, or the martian probe will appear) Or will we be able to keep the worlds but 1.3 stuff could only be accessed by worlds created after the 1.3 update?
I do not know all of it, but what I can tell you, is anything that needs to be generated won't be in your old world, I believe the Lunatic Cultist won't be in it either, to begin with, but, like the bug in PC, (if the cultists don't spawn, kill Golem again, and they should reappear one in-game-day later) Just kill Golem again, then the cultist, then the Pillars, then the Moon Lord, they should all still work, and all other events will work too, like Slime Rain, since that isn't in generation, that's in the code, which is updated.

I think you are misunderstanding my intent.

If that's the case, which it seems it was, then accept my apologies. :)

@Leinfors has done an excellent job explaining the behind the scenes, so I won't rehash that - and we have shared the logic for this move earlier. It's that simple, no hidden agendas, no mysterious secrets. Clearly, some folks disagree - and that's understandable, not every call we have made has been perfectly popular - but our hope is that you will at least understand it.

Terraria is an amazing game, stuffed with content and things to do - on all platforms- and it doesn't need these to be that. ;)

Ocram is most definitely not a metal brain of cthulhu; it was created with an entirely different direction in mind by a different person, and its AI is most similar to the Eye of Cthulhu. And its quite fleshy!

Ocram was added before 1.2. It's not intended to be mecha-anything. It was an attempt to add endgame content when everyone thought 1.1 was the end.

*Some stuff may be reworked and return - but I don't want people sitting around thinking ocram is coming back in any shape or form similar to what he is now... and likely not at all.

Again, I get both sides here - but in the end, I both respect and agree with the side of the guy who created the game. He has always done right by people and Terraria... and I already shared what I personally think about these as a player.

proof?

what does making some versions of terraria similar have to do with minecraft?
Yeah how the hell is the possible implementation of crossplay, a basic gaming concept, a copy just because another game recently implemented it to an extent?

i kinda feel like this is copying minecrafts better together

At least Re-Logic isn't putting out a trailer teaser and neglecting to mention that everything you saw in the video was actually a micro-transaction and you have to pay for all that crap, and with what you do get for free on the video, like playing with PC users as a cross-platform game, has so many downsides and bugs that it's ridiculous, and meanwhile still neglecting to update your version because they still have to update each version seperately.

Yeah, DeFInAtELy the same.

(Yes, Microsoft makes me with their dumb decisions, I'm so thankful Re-Logic doesn't do this sort of thing.)

P.S Yes, I used Leinfors' art for a moment to meme, I hope that's ok.

For people who don't want the update, can't they just set their system to not update automatically? Ya I guess no more online, but you will still have your ocram, and pets. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom