One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
2). Modding Support. Face it, everybody wants to see an official tModLoader. However, we also know that Sony and Microsoft are rather staunchly against mods on their consoles. Some bigtime developers like Bethesda might be able to negotiate a deal to get it to happen, but it is always limited and very difficult, even for a big company like them to get it to happen, much less a smaller one like Re-Logic. So at the very least, if we ever did get modding support, we'd still have a separate version for PC, or, are we going to simply go "nope, no modding, sorry." because we're now trying to keep PC and Console/Mobile together?

Not everyone wants the ability to mod Terraria. Personally, I would like it to stay vanilla on consoles.

Not everyone wants the ability to mod Terraria. Personally, I would like it to stay vanilla on consoles.
Trying out mods sounds cool especially for times where I may get a bit bored of the normal game I could try a new play through. Obviously it won't be a thing on consoles though. Also we are 20 days into September and only 11 days until the end of q3. I'm getting a bit worried that we're going to have to wait until q4 before we get this update.

It's not the 26th, that is just pure speculation and hope from the other poster. No date has been given. i suspect they said the 26th, because they believe that updates can only roll out on Tuesdays. While that is normally when they roll out, there have been updates in the past that have come out on other days of the week.

Just relax everyone. The update will get here soon.
Sony only updates their store on Tuesdays fact.As far as I'm aware (not completely sure) if there is a game breaking but:such as deleting of world's: both Sony AND Xbox will rush that bugfix out.If I'm right the only days Sony release full updates are Tuesdays
[doublepost=1505928837,1505928674][/doublepost]
I wouldn't count on that. Even if they did somehow manage to complete the update today, it'd still have to go through Sony and Microsoft to be released on their respective consoles.
True but if the update was ready today right now an Pipeworks sent it for certification they would have just under a week to check the update an then release it.One thing I didn't take into account was set backs such as a game breaking glitch.

2). Modding Support. Face it, everybody wants to see an official tModLoader. However, we also know that Sony and Microsoft are rather staunchly against mods on their consoles. Some bigtime developers like Bethesda might be able to negotiate a deal to get it to happen, but it is always limited and very difficult, even for a big company like them to get it to happen, much less a smaller one like Re-Logic. So at the very least, if we ever did get modding support, we'd still have a separate version for PC, or, are we going to simply go "nope, no modding, sorry." because we're now trying to keep PC and Console/Mobile together?

Minecraft and Terraria don't accept mods, you literally have to risk your device and data to download a third party software which rips off the actual game to get "Mods". (and when I say "rips off the game" I mean basically steals the game client, but "tweaks" it, possibly by adding Viruses and Malicious Code)

The developers of these kinds of games don't condone :red:ing around with their game, and potentially getting Viruses to get "new content" as cool as that content may be, and...The dev's haven't quit, nor ended the game, they're still going, they can still make as good of content as anyone.

Anyway, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever expect the developers of a game to openly support mods, to the point that there is a "Mod Menu" in the Vanilla UI.

And if a developer adds content on top of a finished game, I.E, Halloween Update for FNAF, Reign of Giants/Shipwrecked! for Don't Starve, or legit level designs for Portal 2, it's called Downloadable Content (DLC) not "Mods" (Although, Portal 2 has community-created DLC, through the Steam Workshop, I believe, I don't have a powerful enough computer to run it and find out)

Minecraft and Terraria don't accept mods, you literally have to risk your device and data to download a third party software which rips off the actual game to get "Mods".

The developers of these kinds of games don't condone :red:ing around with their game, and potentially getting Viruses to get "new content" as cool as that content may be, and...The dev's haven't quit, nor ended the game, they're still going, they can still make as good of content as anyone.

Anyway, I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever expect the developers of a game to openly support mods, to the point that there is a "Mod Menu" in the Vanilla UI.

And if a developer adds content on top of a finished game, I.E, Halloween Update for FNAF, Reign of Giants/Shipwrecked! for Don't Starve, or legit level designs for Portal 2, it's called Downloadable Content (DLC) not "Mods" (Although, Portal 2 has community-created DLC, through the Steam Workshop, I believe, I don't have a powerful enough computer to run it and find out)
First off no swearing this Is a child friendly forum secondly games like Minecraft and Terraria do support mods maybe not as much as Skyrim le Fallout but they do. Thirdly this section of the forums is for information of the new update. I will let a moderator do what they see fit with your comment but I do know it won't be great

Minecraft and Terraria don't accept mods, you literally have to risk your device and data to download a third party software which rips off the actual game to get "Mods".

There are plenty of games that openly support modding.

Regardless of your personal feelings on the matter, games like Terraria, Skyrim/Fallout 4 (both of which have mod menus accessible from the Vanilla menu screen) and Minecraft have stayed relevant for so long due to the constantly evolving scope of modding. Terraria receives updates from time to time, but not remotely close to the rate mod updates happen.

When developers embrace modding they see more attention to their product. More attention means more sales. More sales means more relevance. More relevance means more attention spread over a longer period of time.

You think Terraria developers just get an endless supply of money? Once the popularity of the game drops and sales end they're forced to move on to other projects. Continued support of old properties is only financially feasible when the money keeps coming in.

First off no swearing this Is a child friendly forum secondly games like Minecraft and Terraria do support mods maybe not as much as Skyrim le Fallout but they do. Thirdly this section of the forums is for information of the new update. I will let a moderator do what they see fit with your comment but I do know it won't be great

They do not, do you see a "Mod Menu" in the version of Terraria you bought on Steam? NO. You have to download a program someone else created, someone not affiliated with Re-Logic, PipeWorks, (since it's PC version...uhmm...yeah) or any other company Re-Logic has employed.

They even rip off the client, making it look like a real client, even down to the joking titles of the Terraria Window, they are malicious.

Minecraft, same thing, no mod menu, you have to download "Forge" and go into your .minecraft folder and create a folder named "Mods" for it to work, so clearly it wasn't intended. But there was a big-name mod for Terraria a long time ago which included Hoppers, which Markus "Notch" Persson then actually added in the game. He did not say "lemme make a way for you to use this mod" he added it.

You think Terraria developers just get an endless supply of money? Once the popularity of the game drops and sales end they're forced to move on to other projects. Continued support of old properties is only financially feasible when the money keeps coming in.

Whoa whoa whoa. Did you just say that the Popularity of Terraria dropped, and the game is now unpopular without mods???? They're still updating, they're still going, they're not done, they don't need mods to keep their game floating, Terraria is much well known for it's legit gameplay, not it's mods, what are you talking about?

Will there be new achievements with the update? I apologize if this has been asked before.
Pipeworks has shown new achievements. :) They are called Accomplishments (probably so that the current Achievements aren't over written). You can see them here, check out the "Front-End Menu Showcase" around the 5:50 mark
YouTube playlist showing 1.3 gameplay on console

Will the banners of the exclusives still be available so that right now I'll try to get them all and collect them
Leinfors has mentioned this about the console exclusive banners...
It is my current understanding that the Console exclusive enemy banners are being left as "Legacy" items as well. No longer obtainable, but you can keep them as personal trophies if you have them :)

Hi Slendar_Hulk, if you see something that you think needs the attention of a moderator, please use the report function, and we can take a look. No need to post about it in the thread. :) Swearing on the forums is allowed, within reason, as we have a profanity filter in place for those that don't wish to see the words.

Whoa whoa whoa. Did you just say that the Popularity of Terraria dropped, and the game is now unpopular without mods???? They're still updating, they're still going, they're not done, they don't need mods to keep their game floating, Terraria is much well known for it's legit gameplay, not it's mods, what are you talking about?

No, this is not what I said. Please read through my statement again.

To assist in understanding my comment, I did not say the game is unpopular. "Once the popularity..." means that WHEN the popularity drops. As in some unspecified time in the future. Like "ONCE you clean your room you get a candy bar." This doesn't mean your room is currently clean, it means your room is messy and your reward comes after this problem is rectified.

The mod community for Terraria, while not near as successful as Minecraft or Skyrim, is a significant part of its continued popularity. Claiming that "Terraria is much well known for it's legit gameplay, not it's mods..." is representative of your feelings but not the facts. Truth is, mods play a huge part of the continued success of Terraria, whether or not you believe/understand this.

While vanilla Terraria is still popular, there is a symbiotic relationship between the popularity gained from the mods (and mod community) and the extended base-game updates. I tried to explain this in my initial response to you but it, like the quoted bit of text, seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Have a good day.

No, this is not what I said. Please read through my statement again.

To assist in understanding my comment, I did not say the game is unpopular. "Once the popularity..." means that WHEN the popularity drops. As in some unspecified time in the future. Like "ONCE you clean your room you get a candy bar." This doesn't mean your room is currently clean, it means your room is messy and your reward comes after this problem is rectified.

The mod community for Terraria, while not near as successful as Minecraft or Skyrim, is a significant part of its continued popularity. Claiming that "Terraria is much well known for it's legit gameplay, not it's mods..." is representative of your feelings but not the facts. Truth is, mods play a huge part of the continued success of Terraria, whether or not you believe/understand this.

While vanilla Terraria is still popular, there is a symbiotic relationship between the popularity gained from the mods (and mod community) and the extended base-game updates. I tried to explain this in my initial response to you but it, like the quoted bit of text, seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Have a good day.

People on the TCF may make mods all the time, but ask someone who isn't a part of the community what mods they know of, they'll likely only know of Tremor, Calmity, or Thorium, as those are the bigger 3, most mods may add a few things, but not so much that you may say you had a different experience simply because of those few things.

You're basically saying that Terraria is going to fall, and the only thing that can save it is any combination of those 3 mods, and any number of littler mods, or any mods that someone might create in the future, that will be what keeps Terraria alive. To which I say, I believe you have a very grim view of things.

People on the TCF may make mods all the time, but ask someone who isn't a part of the community what mods they know of, they'll likely only know of Tremor, Calmity, or Thorium, as those are the bigger 3, most mods may add a few things, but not so much that you may say you had a different experience simply because of those few things.

You're basically saying that Terraria is going to fall, and the only thing that can save it is any combination of those 3 mods, and any number of littler mods, or any mods that someone might create in the future, that will be what keeps Terraria alive. To which I say, I believe you have a very grim view of things.
This is getting rather off topic and there appears to be some miscommunication going on. Feel free to start a conversation with leqesai if you wish to continue, but further posts on this subject will likely face account action. Thank you :)

really this is my dream have support for mods for terraria console / mobile :p, for example after you finish terraria completely since doing event and finish everything until fight against all the boss and to catch all the rare intens of the game (type I did it all I swear that took months to get all this :sigh:) you do not have what to do as well as making great constructions, challenging oneself, playing online (as I wanted to;() and so on. but with mods you can play something new with same game so also draw a large audience to create mods, modeling etc. :D
(this is just my opinion ;))
ps- sorry for my lousy english I'm translating all this by google translate (I'm Brazilian I understand English but I can not write ;()

They do not, do you see a "Mod Menu" in the version of Terraria you bought on Steam? NO. You have to download a program someone else created, someone not affiliated with Re-Logic, PipeWorks, (since it's PC version...uhmm...yeah) or any other company Re-Logic has employed.

Re-Logic has supported the mod community. We have a mods section in the forums, and Re-Logic owns the forums. If Re-Logic was against modding Terraria, then Terraria would not have a modding section on the forums.

The reason you don't see a mod menu or a steam workshop in Terraria, is because they haven't coded first-party official modding yet, because they are too busy with other stuff, and it would be a lot of work. I'm pretty sure I've seen Cenx or somebody personally say that they enjoy the idea of modding, but it would be too much work to add it officially just yet.

They even rip off the client, making it look like a real client, even down to the joking titles of the Terraria Window, they are malicious.

They aren't "ripping off" anything. They designed the mod UI to work with the rest of the game to give you a seamless experience, and they are not malicious whatsoever. They're trying to help people have more fun with Terraria. What's malicious about that? They aren't making money off of it or anything like that.

I'm not able to see a difference in the videos, is console/mobile getting PC's 1.3 Graphical Updates? (Ores, Coins, a lot of the early hardmode items, all Ankh Shield components, and more)

https://youtube.com/watch?list=PLFA...8AS&params=OAFIAVgL&v=hHM8kl8XKwM&mode=NORMAL

at like 4:00 or something, the Tin Ore appears the same.

At 6:07 The coins are the same as they were, they don't look like this:
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif
image.gif

Granted, this is an older stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom