One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolwut?
This post was made 2 weeks ago and counting, saying that they hope to submit the update to certification in the next few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out this week or two. November is quite a stretch.
that was counting up to a month in cert. It's early-mid october 1 week + 1 month cert = early-mid november because cert probably won't take a month

before coming into cert, it should go in around next week and then it has to go through cert which will take 3-4 weeks

@Tunnel King
I think you can help answer this? Because apparently I have no clue how certification works.
I just did some quick research, and it apparently depends on how busy the company is (Sony and Microsoft)

yeah when pipeworks is done they send it to sony and microsoft respectively who each have a team looking at the whole game program. They have to give the green light before the update is aired and pipeworks has no control over it (unless they bribe them).

There is no good way to predict how long certification will take. Certainly MS/Sony have other games vying for certification at any given time.

It's a fairly secretive process, and it takes as long as it takes.

As upset as I am that a lot of the console-exclusive items are being removed, I understand that we need to synchronize all of the platforms as much as possible. Thanks Devs!

Perhaps a more experienced forum user can help me with something...

We received a link on this thread to the latest news once it was available. Should I continue watching this thread for the next link to the latest news, watch the other thread for a new link to the latest news, or should I be watching the main page for new news? What's the standard practice been so far?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps a more experienced forum user can help me with something...

We received a link on this thread to the latest news once it was available. Should I continue watching this thread for the next link to the latest news, watch the other thread for a new link to the latest news, or should I be watching the main page for new news? What's the standard practice been so far?

Thanks in advance.
For NEW news, like "it's released". watching the front page/Twitter/Facebook is the fastest, surest way to get that news.

A link to the new thread will be posted here when that news is available.

I personally feel like it's a HUGE mistake to remove console exclusives, a lot of time & effort from the players went into obtaining a lot of these items as well as them being a selling point for the console editions. having cool pets / another added tier of armor didn't harm the gameplay at all and only added to the experience for a lot of us console players, it seems like instead taking them out things like ocram or the sharanga could be reskinned and have their crafting recipes changed to more fit the vision of the game instead of taking them out completely. as well as a lot of the console exclusives are things that were promised in the trailers of the game so it doesn't feel right they're being removed, hoping these items and armors can be re-worked into the game as they only added to the fun.

I personally feel like it's a HUGE mistake to remove console exclusives, a lot of time & effort from the players went into obtaining a lot of these items as well as them being a selling point for the console editions. having cool pets / another added tier of armor didn't harm the gameplay at all and only added to the experience for a lot of us console players, it seems like instead taking them out things like ocram or the sharanga could be reskinned and have their crafting recipes changed to more fit the vision of the game instead of taking them out completely. as well as a lot of the console exclusives are things that were promised in the trailers of the game so it doesn't feel right they're being removed, hoping these items and armors can be re-worked into the game as they only added to the fun.
They will be replaced with weapons similar to the console exclusive items I've had Terraria for over 3 years on Xbox 360 and now on Xbox one, and I really never got attached to theses items in the first place because they weren't from PC. They where never meant for the game in the first place and where more of an afterthought among the dezs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom